The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

London Southbank Child nursing interview 2012

Hi guys!
I have an interview in about two weeks and London Southbank Uni and i am very nervous :s-smilie:!! Its one of my first interviews and i really do want to get into Southbank! I was wondering if anyone has already been to their interview and has any tips? Im slightly worried about what they could ask on the English test too! Any ideas?
Thankyou!! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi I have an interview there too, but in feb! I'm nervous about the literacy and numeracy tests too! I'm sure you will do fine.
London
Reply 2
Original post by sweet chick
Hi I have an interview there too, but in feb! I'm nervous about the literacy and numeracy tests too! I'm sure you will do fine.

ooh Goodluck! Im sure you will be fine too!
Reply 3
I have an interview too on the 11th feb, it's one of my first
Reply 4
And me! So nervous! I'm not sure if the short essay question is going to be similar to the sample question online.. Trying to prepare as much as i can!
Reply 5
And me! So nervous! I'm not sure if the short essay question is going to be similar to the sample question online.. Trying to prepare as much as i can!

Aha same! it will be a short essay like the sample one but im just nervous on WHAT they could ask... it could be anything! Good luck with it all! :smile:
Reply 6
I'm doing the same!! So nervous! Are you both on the 11th?
Reply 7
Noo mine is next monday! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Mine is way after both your interviews! Its on 25yh Feb! I really wanted it to be earlier! Wanted to get it over with! I'v got a longer wait! Please let me know how you guys get on! Gudluck you both will be fine! I'm sure u'l be fine! X
Reply 9
Lol! Meant 25th! Also which intakes are you applying for?? I'v applied for the march 2013 intake.
Reply 10
Oh I have applied for the September intake
Reply 11
Original post by nafe
Noo mine is next monday! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have one next Monday too! The day before my second exam and the 3days after my first so it's going to be hard to find the time to prepare.
Reply 12
Original post by Lsfmith
I have one next Monday too! The day before my second exam and the 3days after my first so it's going to be hard to find the time to prepare.

Oh my gosh me too!! I have an exam on tuesday (the day after) and then two on thursday! Aha i feel your stress! Dont worry hopfully you will be fine! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Heyyy! I had an interview for southbank last yr like in May? Its honestly fine! You just gotta relax and be yourself. You firstly go in and and you walk into this room where they take your names and ask for your id etc. Then you go sit down infront with all the other people who are here for the interview. Then two nurses introduced themselves to us and did a presentation for us on what child nursings about, placements, shifts, etc. Then, we have to do a maths and literacy test. Its pretty basic maths, just practice the sample maths questions they gave you and you will be fine. The literacy test was just a essay on a title they gave us. Mine was Why do you think people are scared of going to the hospital? which I was relieved with because I thought it would be some complicated one. After the test, we have lunch and they go over the tests and mark them. You have to pass a certain mark for the tests to proceed to individual interviews otherwise they send you home. Luckily, I got through and then was given a time for when my individual interviews were. During your interview, the ask about you, why you want to do it and your experience. They also give you scenarios such as how would you react if a child died etc. And I would advise you to have your nails CLEAN because one of the nurses commented on mine saying how I didn't look after them properly TT. But that's how my day went and GOOD LUCK to anyone who has a interview at LSBU!
Reply 14
Original post by mandyP15
Heyyy! I had an interview for southbank last yr like in May? Its honestly fine! You just gotta relax and be yourself. You firstly go in and and you walk into this room where they take your names and ask for your id etc. Then you go sit down infront with all the other people who are here for the interview. Then two nurses introduced themselves to us and did a presentation for us on what child nursings about, placements, shifts, etc. Then, we have to do a maths and literacy test. Its pretty basic maths, just practice the sample maths questions they gave you and you will be fine. The literacy test was just a essay on a title they gave us. Mine was Why do you think people are scared of going to the hospital? which I was relieved with because I thought it would be some complicated one. After the test, we have lunch and they go over the tests and mark them. You have to pass a certain mark for the tests to proceed to individual interviews otherwise they send you home. Luckily, I got through and then was given a time for when my individual interviews were. During your interview, the ask about you, why you want to do it and your experience. They also give you scenarios such as how would you react if a child died etc. And I would advise you to have your nails CLEAN because one of the nurses commented on mine saying how I didn't look after them properly TT. But that's how my day went and GOOD LUCK to anyone who has a interview at LSBU!

Thank you very much! Great help! Is that where you're studying now? Also is there anywhere that parents can chill when you've got your tests interviews etc?
Thanks that's very helpful, really want to get it right! How many words essay do you have to write? Did you also have to do the literacy comprehension? Where you read a passage an answer questions? Are you studying at lsbu now? Thanks. X
Reply 16
Original post by mandyP15

Wow thanks so much for that! Really helpful! :smile: do you have any idea on what the passrate for the maths test is??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Lsfmith
Thank you very much! Great help! Is that where you're studying now? Also is there anywhere that parents can chill when you've got your tests interviews etc?

Nope, i didnt really like it and the area and i decided to take a gap yr and reapply to new unis this yr. i think there is but im not sure if they are allowed to.
Reply 18
Thanks that's very helpful, really want to get it right! How many words essay do you have to write? Did you also have to do the literacy comprehension? Where you read a passage an answer questions? Are you studying at lsbu now? Thanks. X

They dont give you a limit on words, you just write as much as you want. No, the literacy assesment was basically the essay and nothing else. And no, im not studying there, took a gap yr instead. :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by nafe
Wow thanks so much for that! Really helpful! :smile: do you have any idea on what the passrate for the maths test is??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I cant really remember but im guessing around 7/11? Or something like that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending