The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4320
Original post by L_X_0.0
It's always good to keep our hope anyway...I guess there could be around five waitlisted candidates in Natsci(I mean both phys and bio). What a great chance of getting in! LOL:biggrin:

well a lot of colleges are really slow at replying sooo.... wait is there any point still hoping the pool closed on like the 5th so if we got offers then we should know by now right? so we've been rejected?
Original post by lighterthanAyer
Haha actually no I applied for Law at Magdalene :tongue: Though I did take Philosophy A Level :wink:

Ah well fair enough I suppose :tongue:

Hey why did the falsification principle punch wholes in the verification principle?

Because Anthony Flew through the Ayer :biggrin: :tongue: XD
back at school ........... and everyone is asking ............
Original post by joyie
well a lot of colleges are really slow at replying sooo.... wait is there any point still hoping the pool closed on like the 5th so if we got offers then we should know by now right? so we've been rejected?

Someone I know got an offer 3 weeks after the pool closed, sorry :/ guess we just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming..... :tongue:
Rejection from Churchill in post. Now I can get on with life finally. :smile:
I got in...for next year!!!!!! What the hell i'm already 19...they want me to be 21...should I go? It's Lucy Cavendish.
Reply 4326
Original post by joyie

No one can really tell what happen to us 'who still think we are swimming', isnt it? Lets look at the three colleges who give out most pool offers last year, Homerton, Girton, Fitzwilliam. One offer from each college has so far been posted on this thread by other poolees. I think at least they started to contact people several days ago. Direct offers?... Well really I didnt see many on this thread since yesterday...The chance is always there, the question is, do we have it?
Original post by Rhiannonymous
Someone I know got an offer 3 weeks after the pool closed, sorry :/ guess we just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming..... :tongue:

Do you know if they had to be reinterviewed or not?
Original post by cambridge_please
I got in...for next year!!!!!! What the hell i'm already 19...they want me to be 21...should I go? It's Lucy Cavendish.

**** it why not? Have another gap year
Reply 4329
this is completely crazy, but heres what i'm hoping: my friend last year got pooled, then got an offer, then got a full scholarship (which i have applied for). God, please let this come true for me!!!
Reply 4330
Original post by Rhiannonymous

really? was their post slow? did they have to re-interview?
Reply 4331
Original post by L_X_0.0
No one can really tell what happen to us 'who still think we are swimming', isnt it? Lets look at the three colleges who give out most pool offers last year, Homerton, Girton, Fitzwilliam. One offer from each college has so far been posted on this thread by other poolees. I think at least they started to contact people several days ago. Direct offers?... Well really I didnt see many on this thread since yesterday...The chance is always there, the question is, do we have it?

international students in the pool cannot be interviewed, do you that is a major disadvantage? someone else told me that actually international students have a better chance.... any truth in either of these views?
Reply 4332

How did you find out? Email or lettter?

Btw why not? :biggrin:
Original post by Nessie133
Do you know if they had to be reinterviewed or not?

Original post by joyie
really? was their post slow? did they have to re-interview?

I don't think so as far as I know......don't take my word on it though, he never really said "how" he got in just got really chuffed about the fact he did :P
Original post by silentlife
Rejection from Churchill in post. Now I can get on with life finally. :smile:

sorry to hear this. best of luck for the future

what for?
Reply 4336
Original post by joyie
international students in the pool cannot be interviewed, do you that is a major disadvantage? someone else told me that actually international students have a better chance.... any truth in either of these views?

If we have a so-called better chance, that must be the truth that an international student pays tens as much as a home student do to Cambridge:eek:If the original interviews are good, then I dont think there is any disadvantage(since they do not intend to interview the student), if not then...
Original post by joyie

I don't know how your chances are affected in relation to the fact you can't have interviews but I know your chances are a bit better because Oxbridge are bound by law to accept a certain percentage/amount of international students which they have to meet each year.....so in that case I imagine chances are slightly better :smile:
Reply 4338
Original post by L_X_0.0
If we have a so-called better chance, that must be the truth that an international student pays tens as much as a home student do to Cambridge:eek:If the original interviews are good, then I dont think there is any disadvantage(since they do not intend to interview the student), if not then...

more like three times as much lol :P
what the heck ! 2 warning points for showing a nasty troll to the door ! even tsr is turning against me !

Latest

Trending

Trending