Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by zed963
Please do share what you said.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Copy and Pasted:

Me: "the exam yesterday-"
Her: "was it hard?"
Me: "you didn't say we had to do of Mice and Men (our book is Mockingbird) and so I spent two hours on poetry..."
Her: *contorts face and goes red*
Me: *walks away slowly*
Her: *beckons me over* come here!!!! *shoves exam in my face* "read line three"
Me: ooooh
Her: so you're telling me you'll have to resit in June because you're an idiot?!?!

Me: I'm joking

She then raged
Reply 81
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Copy and Pasted:

Me: "the exam yesterday-"
Her: "was it hard?"
Me: "you didn't say we had to do of Mice and Men (our book is Mockingbird) and so I spent two hours on poetry..."
Her: *contorts face and goes red*
Me: *walks away slowly*
Her: *beckons me over* come here!!!! *shoves exam in my face* "read line three"
Me: ooooh
Her: so you're telling me you'll have to resit in June because you're an idiot?!?!

Me: I'm joking

She then raged

ROFL

She then raged

:lol: Nice one.
Reply 83
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
:lol: Nice one.

She wanted to hurt me I think me...
Reply 84
Uhh, that exam. I did to kill a Mockingbird by the way.

I did 7 pages, 2 on the extract, 3 on the essay and 2 on the poetry.

The extract wasn't that bad, although it said mood and atmosphere when it was pretty dull and quiet. I just said it's a pensive (thoughtful) way for scout to end the book on and the reader too.

For the essay I wrote about courage, was happy when I saw this. Mentioned the kids at the start with Radley place, and how Lee subtly introduces the theme through the children and then through the adults. Then went on about Jem looking out for scout, Scout and Atticus at the mob scene and how courage transfers to both of them and how Lee uses Atticus to be a figurehead of courage, alongside the children's courage to demand change.

The poems.... ahhh! To be fair, I actually though the content was the hardest part to answer. Carpe Diem kept going on about flowers and someone doing something with them, I just said someone is being watched gardening. Dawn Revisited is about hearing a new day again and pushing the listeners to get out and go outside. The messages for me were both seize the moment and take every available opportunity. I said Dawn Revisited talks about Second chances while Carpe diem insists on one chance for everything.

That's it really. I did alright, fingers crossed the government don't muck up the exam again. An extra messed up English grades would go well with my awful maths (B/C/D) and sciences (A/C/E) at the moment. :sigh:
Reply 85
Original post by Pokrok
Uhh, that exam. I did to kill a Mockingbird by the way.

I did 7 pages, 2 on the extract, 3 on the essay and 2 on the poetry.

The extract wasn't that bad, although it said mood and atmosphere when it was pretty dull and quiet. I just said it's a pensive (thoughtful) way for scout to end the book on and the reader too.

For the essay I wrote about courage, was happy when I saw this. Mentioned the kids at the start with Radley place, and how Lee subtly introduces the theme through the children and then through the adults. Then went on about Jem looking out for scout, Scout and Atticus at the mob scene and how courage transfers to both of them and how Lee uses Atticus to be a figurehead of courage, alongside the children's courage to demand change.

The poems.... ahhh! To be fair, I actually though the content was the hardest part to answer. Carpe Diem kept going on about flowers and someone doing something with them, I just said someone is being watched gardening. Dawn Revisited is about hearing a new day again and pushing the listeners to get out and go outside. The messages for me were both seize the moment and take every available opportunity. I said Dawn Revisited talks about Second chances while Carpe diem insists on one chance for everything.

That's it really. I did alright, fingers crossed the government don't muck up the exam again. An extra messed up English grades would go well with my awful maths (B/C/D) and sciences (A/C/E) at the moment. :sigh:

Oh wow.

Mockingbird me too!!! :biggrin:
Courage I wrote about:
Atticus and defending tom, jail house mob, tim Johnson

Mrs.L.Dubose and morphine
Calpurnia and tim Johnson
Mayella having a lack of courage

:/ didn't go well...

The extract, was hard! Damn :P I said peaceful/serene... And how that juxtaposed previous scenes... And then I saidbstuff ;(
Have you got your results? I got 54 (b)
Reply 87
Original post by MusicMaestro97
Have you got your results? I got 54 (b)

Well done! I got 62 (a) missed A* by a mark... :tongue:
Well done! I got 62 (a) missed A* by a mark... :tongue:

Ooh that 1 mark!! But the next paper is worth 45% whereas this one was 35% (Shakespeare CA 25%) so you can make that up easily by doing well next time.

What texts are you studying for the next exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Ooh that 1 mark!! But the next paper is worth 45% whereas this one was 35% (Shakespeare CA 25%) so you can make that up easily by doing well next time.

What texts are you studying for the next exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, that's the plan!

About a Boy
An Inspector Calls
Yourself?:biggrin:
Yeah, that's the plan!

About a Boy
An Inspector Calls
Yourself?:biggrin:

Heroes (Cormier)-although we haven't read it yet due to our teacher being ill and our sub being useless!

Inspector Calls as well-when reading I read Mrs Birling despite being a boy!

Got higher hopes for this one! But as they say:
Carpe Diem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Heroes (Cormier)-although we haven't read it yet due to our teacher being ill and our sub being useless!

Inspector Calls as well-when reading I read Mrs Birling despite being a boy!

Got higher hopes for this one! But as they say:
Carpe Diem

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aah we haven't finished any of the books (I've read them in my own time and the former, about a boy. Is terrible.)

I like An Inspector Calls!!

So far I've been Gerald and Mr.Birling :tongue:

That poem :colonhash:
Aah we haven't finished any of the books (I've read them in my own time and the former, about a boy. Is terrible.)

I like An Inspector Calls!!

So far I've been Gerald and Mr.Birling :tongue:

That poem :colonhash:

I'm sorry for bringing that up again

Terrible from a literature point of view or from a storyline point of view?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
I'm sorry for bringing that up again

Terrible from a literature point of view or from a storyline point of view?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:ahee:

Story line... Literature not too sure, I guess character analysis is quite nice :redface: very bad ending and in general though...
:ahee:

Story line... Literature not too sure, I guess character analysis is quite nice :redface: very bad ending and in general though...

I won't make a point of reading it then. Good luck in May, I hope you get your A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
I won't make a point of reading it then. Good luck in May, I hope you get your A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Hope you get what you want as Well :biggrin:
Thank you! Hope you get what you want as Well :biggrin:

Thanks, with my teacher back I hope my grade will improve :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Hey guys:tongue:, if any of you did wjec for june 2013 then mabye you can help me?

I want to know what the two poems were for unseen poetry
and the theme or question for of Mice and Men please,:biggrin:

Thanks
Reply 98
Thanks, with my teacher back I hope my grade will improve :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gow did you do overall?

I got my A*!
Reply 99
whats the structure to answer extract and essay questions?? please i do wjec eng lit swell i dot get it one bit i study of mice and men inspector calls and heroes?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending