The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Everyone else has been talking about their Track updating, so I went and checked my email in the hope that mine would have too. It had! It was from Durham though...
Original post by DJMayes
Everyone else has been talking about their Track updating, so I went and checked my email in the hope that mine would have too. It had! It was from Durham though...

:lol: And the verdict? Or had you already heard. :tongue:

Still nothing through track for me, but not fussed, got other things on my mind right now. :tongue:
Reply 962
Original post by chocoholic_x
Oh yes, I keep thinking to myself, "From now on, revision is on!!". But sometimes I don't quite do as much as I want. :tongue:

Oh OK! :smile: I suppose you must really enjoy Biology then? I like them all! XD I can't choose. But I do have a shortlist: Either Evolution and Behaviour, Introduction to Social Anthropology, Introduction to Sociology, or the three Philsophy modules that are available. I have quite a great interest in philosophy you see, so this course is perfect for me as it allows for me to potentially do philosophy every year! :biggrin:

yeh only got 2 exams so I havn't really got an excuse!:P thats the majority of the course then haha, and yes thats based on my A-level subjects I suppose bt I've never studied philosophy so perhaps I shall be intrigued! I saw you also applied to UCL, so did I. Will it be your insurance choice? I don't know which one to pick, I don't want to think about not getting in!!
Track just updated :biggrin:

Newnham- Land Ec
Original post by Oromis263
:lol: And the verdict? Or had you already heard. :tongue:

Still nothing through track for me, but not fussed, got other things on my mind right now. :tongue:

Conditional, A*AA with the A* in Maths/Further, which makes 5/5 offers.

Spoiler

Reply 965
Original post by Oromis263
Aye, I reckon it will be a novelty that will wear off after the initial couple of weeks. :tongue:

King's tourists are ruthless. Woe betide he who stops the Chinese tourists from sprawling themselves all over walls and getting their photo taken by another equally in-the-way friend...

In saying that, there's nothing like the respect you get when you flash your student card at the porters. :colone:
Original post by PartonProduct
Hey guys!
I'm in for Phys Nat Sci - offer: just 2 A's at Fitzwilliam college :biggrin:!!

Is anyone else in for Fitz (please say yes, haven't found ANYONE yet :colondollar:)

Oh, and congratz to everyone here :tongue:

Hey! I am from France and received my offer for Fitz. I'm in for HSPS! Is there any facebook group? Congratulations for your offer!
To people with economics offers: were you asked to achieve an A in A level maths in your offer letters?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anybody else's track just updated? I've accepted it on there and now my track says:

'The current status of you application is:

Congratulations! Your place at University of Cambridge has been confirmed.'
Reply 970
Original post by Zhy

Still swimming little fishy? :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 971
Original post by cheese-lemming

What college are you? Sorry if you've posted further back :/
Reply 972
[QUOTE="meowcat95;40958819"]
Original post by Zhy
QUOTE]

Still swimming little fishy? :tongue:

Nope, was rejected this morning
Reply 973
[QUOTE="Zhy;40958938"]
Original post by meowcat95

Nope, was rejected this morning

Oh no, that's such a shame :frown: best of luck with your other places then! :smile:
Reply 974
Hi all
My son has an offer for Caius ( mml ) this year and I was wondering what a typical week at Cambridge would entail.
As much info as possible please.
I am a little worried as we are not a well off family and he has worked extremely hard to get to Cambridge.I am sure it is rubbish but I am a little concerned that his working class roots will not fit in even though he knows and says that we have nothing to worry about.
Thanks in advance all:confused:
Original post by thompa
Hi all
My son has an offer for Caius ( mml ) this year and I was wondering what a typical week at Cambridge would entail.
As much info as possible please.
I am a little worried as we are not a well off family and he has worked extremely hard to get to Cambridge.I am sure it is rubbish but I am a little concerned that his working class roots will not fit in even though he knows and says that we have nothing to worry about.
Thanks in advance all:confused:

I suggest that you listen to your son. He doesn't need you to make sure he can cope socially at the age of 18
Why so many parents on the studentroom?
Reply 977
Original post by mattmattmatt
Why so many parents on the studentroom?

There were lots when I went down for interview. I felt kind of strange and unloved.
Original post by meowcat95
What college are you? Sorry if you've posted further back :/

Selwyn :smile:
Reply 979
Original post by Incorrect.
I suggest that you listen to your son. He doesn't need you to make sure he can cope socially at the age of 18

A little harsh I think but point taken:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending