The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Llewellyn
Not really the orthodox modus operandi, but then there aren't any set rules.

Personally I think it's better to write a response if you want to show support...

Engineering is one of the subjects that they prefer applicants to take (useful) gap years. Whether or not that interests you is personal but it's definitely a positive sign (even if you are annoyed by the conditions).

Thank you but yes it annoys me because I am already on a gap year :frown:
Why can't they just let me know already?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Reply 4402
Original post by Jennyhj
The same happened to me! Did you apply for a deferred entry? I didn't! This is confusing:s

They're a mature college. You have to be 21 (and female), hence deferred entry.
Reply 4403
I've missed two calls from an unknown number, one on Tuesday evening and one at midday today, but still no emails/letters...agonising, just want this to be over
Reply 4404
Original post by Rhiannonymous
Hmmm I didn't know there was a separate quote for med students.....it seems we're stuck in the same boat my friend, my college seems pretty slow too.....and I mean SLOOOWWW......people didn't start getting rejection letters until the last week of January :s-smilie: If you want, you can e-mail them, requesting that they send their response letter via e-mail rather than by post to help try and speed up the process.....not much though you can do after that I'm afraide....

Good luck! :smile:

Thanks a lot. Im afraid that I need bunch of luck. Well what about you? Being fished up already?? Otherwise best of luck to you as well :smile:
Pooled by Queens' for English, and getting more nervous every day that goes by. :frown: Since I'm an international student, I have no point of reference for why I got pooled, but I expect it might just be because of my age.

But when life gets you down, you know what you've got to do? "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swiiimming, swiiimming, swiiimming. What do we do? We swim, swim. Hahahahahoho! I love to swiiiiiiim!" :cool:
Reply 4406
Original post by red4lif3
Just been drowned by Caius for Land Economy. Good luck to those still waiting/being interviewed these couple of days!

Caius? like for real ... gosh teeth grinding moment... Why of all time before bio unit 4? :frown: anyway are u native to Uk or an overseas applicant?
Reply 4407
Well done on getting offers for 2014 entry :biggrin: A Cambridge offer is amazing regardless of the start date and I would happily wait a year to go there!
Reply 4408
Original post by red4lif3
Just been drowned by Caius for Land Economy. Good luck to those still waiting/being interviewed these couple of days!

When and how? i'm interested for when Caius drown me too (English)
Drowned :frown: I was pooled by Newnham for Philosophy, and the rejection letter arrived this morning. Keep on swimming all you fish still out there, and I think we should all be proud of ourselves for how far we got, fished or not! :smile:
Original post by HannahO.o
Really sorry to hear that :frown: At least you have closure and you know you're still a great applicant! If they sent me a rejection it should really have arrived by now since I don't live far away, always tomorrow's post :biggrin: Which course did you apply for at Downing?

Geography...I expect they havnt sent them yet :/ still, you could always call them and ask what's happening, I think coz the letter was dated 8th they didn't speed up my rejection or anything by calling :P
So all in all, today we have only had one offer, and the rest rejections?
Rejection by letter today, PhysNatSci, Newnham. Hope some people get offers and good luck with interviews! x
I have read the pool documents and the simple fact is that it is a mistake to say we are swimming.

The swimming was completed on Friday/Saturday and we have been put into boxes.

box 1. those they want to keep (offered - informed or waiting to be informed)

box 2. those they want to interview

box 3. the very few with a B mark

They clearly state that if you have not been notified by the start of interviews then it is likely you will not be getting an offer.

The majority will be box 4 - rejected or waiting to be informed of our rejections.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but we have to face the facts that the vast majority of us who have not been contacted are waiting for disposal and the manure prople will be picking up us shortly!
Reply 4414
Queens', why are you so slow?!
Original post by honggau
Any St John?!

Yeppp, I applied for PhysNatsci and Johns' :smile:
Still doggy paddling around :P
Original post by Question Mark
I have read the pool documents and the simple fact is that it is a mistake to say we are swimming.

The swimming was completed on Friday/Saturday and we have been put into boxes.

box 1. those they want to keep (offered - informed or waiting to be informed)

box 2. those they want to interview

box 3. the very few with a B mark

They clearly state that if you have not been notified by the start of interviews then it is likely you will not be getting an offer.

The majority will be box 4 - rejected or waiting to be informed of our rejections.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but we have to face the facts that the vast majority of us who have not been contacted are waiting for disposal and the manure prople will be picking up us shortly!

mine said that chances are you haven't gotten in by the 14th, but I accept your point (+ already accepted that chances are I haven't gotten in)
Sorry if this has been asked already but....
I was pooled by King's for English and fished by Churchill and Fitzwilliam, and had both interviews today.
I didn't want to sound arrogant so I didn't ask in the interview - but what would happen if both colleges wanted to make me an offer? Would I get to choose, or would they decide between themselves?
TOUCH WOOD TOUCH WOOD TOUCH WOOD I DIDN'T JINX IT :P
Original post by ohlittlewolf
Sorry if this has been asked already but....
I was pooled by King's for English and fished by Churchill and Fitzwilliam, and had both interviews today.
I didn't want to sound arrogant so I didn't ask in the interview - but what would happen if both colleges wanted to make me an offer? Would I get to choose, or would they decide between themselves?
TOUCH WOOD TOUCH WOOD TOUCH WOOD I DIDN'T JINX IT :P

A simple coin-toss
Whats a B mark ? Is that a malfunctioning interview?

Latest

Trending

Trending