The Student Room Group

OCR Sources of Law - Answering questions

Hi guys, just a quick question for anyone who is doing or has done the Sources of Law paper before.

I got an A on the paper last year but it was a low A grade so I'm retaking it this month to get a higher A.

Anyway, I've forgotten the structure of it which is stupid =/. Are the "Describe" questions the write up questions? I'm forgetting what questions I can bullet point and which ones I can write up. I know in ELS the Describe question is bullet point-able. :biggrin:
Reply 1
Do you know what topic is most likely to come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PiarraFR
Do you know what topic is most likely to come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

S.I and EU. my teacher said perhaps precedent may come up. ive only studied for SI and Precedent though.
Reply 3
Yeah exactly the same as you! FINGERS CROSSED FOR THE LITERAL RULE!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Confusing_Chem
S.I and EU. my teacher said perhaps precedent may come up. ive only studied for SI and Precedent though.

I would recommend also looking at legislation... It has not come up since June 2011 whereas everything else has :3. I'm resitting because I messed up the middle question :angry: I misread it (so stupid) and didn't talk about the body but talked about the types *facepalm*
Yeah exactly the same as you! FINGERS CROSSED FOR THE LITERAL RULE!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think it is not likely literal rule. last time it was rules of language and purposive and literal i think. maybe hansard and mischief will come up and the intent of parliament.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Yeah intentions of parliament should be on there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Is it in the morning or afternoon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it in the morning or afternoon?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Morning. good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest