The Student Room Group

Aqa buss1 2013 jan 9th

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by jack0213123
I got 3.9% and 7.1%, both to 1 d.p. What about you?
Got the same as you mate, i think they are correct because most people seem to have gotten them.
Reply 141
Original post by MobQ
Yeah, that's what I did too, got 3.9% as the answer?

Yeah, i'm pretty sure i did mate.
Reply 142
Original post by Scaz
Yeah, i'm pretty sure i did mate.

I think we're all good then :smile: I was looking at that question a tad confused as I was trying to figure out where to get the sales information for their business then I saw it in the cash flow and felt stupid haha
Reply 143
Original post by MobQ
I think we're all good then :smile: I was looking at that question a tad confused as I was trying to figure out where to get the sales information for their business then I saw it in the cash flow and felt stupid haha

Same, i still did it wrong the first time when i seen the forecast, because i only used the first quarter originally like a nugget.
Helps if i read the table a bit more first :biggrin:
Reply 144
Original post by Scaz
Same, i still did it wrong the first time when i seen the forecast, because i only used the first quarter originally like a nugget.
Helps if i read the table a bit more first :biggrin:

Haha, yeah, least I have the peace of mind that I got the calculations right as many other people got the same answer! What are you aiming to get in this exam? I'm hoping for a B, if an A, even better!
Reply 145
Original post by MobQ
Haha, yeah, least I have the peace of mind that I got the calculations right as many other people got the same answer! What are you aiming to get in this exam? I'm hoping for a B, if an A, even better!

I'm in A2 at the minute, this was a resit for me and i already had a B in it.
So i'm really hoping for an A, because im trying to go for an A* overall and have 4 more exams to do this January, so this exam has cheered me up a little as i felt it was rather easy. Good luck getting your A, sounds like you should have it if your calculations are anything to go by :biggrin:
Reply 146
guys, how was the exam? what did everyone get for the market share and market growth?
Reply 147
Im hoping that everyone got 3.9% for MS and 7.1% for MG?
Reply 148
Original post by JH22
Im hoping that everyone got 3.9% for MS and 7.1% for MG?

Yep ur right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 149
How did you get the 7.1 for Market Growth...?
2013 was 8.4 Mill and 2014 was 9 Mill
i got 7.1 and 3.9 so i assume by now they are right.

i was wondering if anyone could remember the last question because i think i could have answered it wrongly. i thought it was just the risk of the bussiness start up but someone said something about the risk of being part of a franchise. could anyone please clarify this for me?
thanks.
Original post by andystormes
i got 7.1 and 3.9 so i assume by now they are right.

i was wondering if anyone could remember the last question because i think i could have answered it wrongly. i thought it was just the risk of the bussiness start up but someone said something about the risk of being part of a franchise. could anyone please clarify this for me?
thanks.

I am not sure but surely it can't have mattered too much but I took it as the risk of being a business to be honest and I suppose either way it doesn't matter. Are there any more risks to being a franchise? I can't remember any but I should have put about the costs of a franchise. It's such a short exam that it was rushed.
I am not sure but surely it can't have mattered too much but I took it as the risk of being a business to be honest and I suppose either way it doesn't matter. Are there any more risks to being a franchise? I can't remember any but I should have put about the costs of a franchise. It's such a short exam that it was rushed.

yeah i always felt the exam was short of time by about 5-10 minutes.

i guess with a franchise there is a risk of losing any control, some revenue and perhaps your own USP. but i reckon i could still get marks for app and analysis aswell as evaluation even if i answered it wrongly. only time will tell i guess.
yeah i always felt the exam was short of time by about 5-10 minutes.

i guess with a franchise there is a risk of losing any control, some revenue and perhaps your own USP. but i reckon i could still get marks for app and analysis aswell as evaluation even if i answered it wrongly. only time will tell i guess.

What did you put out of interest, I struggled to know what to put. I did however put there isn't much as its a franchise although it depends on how they run it but Bill is inexperienced as he was an engineer. Then I said how the cash flow didn't indicate it being a risk etc.
What did you put out of interest, I struggled to know what to put. I did however put there isn't much as its a franchise although it depends on how they run it but Bill is inexperienced as he was an engineer. Then I said how the cash flow didn't indicate it being a risk etc.

i talked about it being a risk because they were both inexperienced with a NBS and then i can't remember my second point. i think i might have talked about the brand not being very well established. i rounded off saying that looking at the opportunity cost because bill was unemployed and she didn't enjoy her job it was a worthy risk to start the business.
I think the exam was relatively easy. Gutted they didnt put in BE or contribution but the location ( a or b) was a walk in the park u just had to put the adv and disadv's of each and conclude! hope it went well for everyone :smile:
also for the risk...i said it was unlimited liability as it was a partnership between her and bill :/ hope this was right!
Original post by Sunshine1235
also for the risk...i said it was unlimited liability as it was a partnership between her and bill :/ hope this was right!

yeah a partnership will have unlimited liability but i don't know if the franchise affects this.
yeah a partnership will have unlimited liability but i don't know if the franchise affects this.

yeah true! hopefully it is worth some marks :frown:
i talked about it being a risk because they were both inexperienced with a NBS and then i can't remember my second point. i think i might have talked about the brand not being very well established. i rounded off saying that looking at the opportunity cost because bill was unemployed and she didn't enjoy her job it was a worthy risk to start the business.

Original post by Sunshine1235

Yeah I put about the unlimited liability, it was only a small part so its good we all noticed it. Hopefully get a decent amount of marks as we have applied it and evaluated it so its a high level answer already.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending