The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Silverland
Just thought I'd bring this up again. I really like #6. That keeps me happy even though I may be rejected. It's like after all this I don't even want Cam that much anyways. Perhaps all Cambridge has ever meant to me was a prestigious way of meeting people who also loved their subject and Academia. All the pool has really shown me I guess is that even the most idealistic of places has harsh realities and nothing is as ever good as you dream of it.

What did you apply for again, i forgot. Are you a fellow Phys Natsci?
1357853617378.jpg
Ahh i feel much better for that :biggrin:
Reply 4482
Original post by Chrisgame

I'm a swimming Phys Natsci!!! Anyone else still swimming?
Original post by Matjaz
I was pooled by Trinity for maths and still no answer. Anybody else in the same situation?

Yeah pooled by Emma for English and still zilch :frown: does this probably mean there's no place for me?
Original post by Chrisgame

Fellow Natsci. I am neither Bio nor Phys. My college has twisted and mangled my application beyond all recognition anymore.

Original post by belisarius
1357853617378.jpg

Perhaps if we burn an Oxford one they'll accept us?
Original post by medicdude
17th last year, so would be 16th this year I believe. Although there were only a couple who said/reported rejections.

1 reported offer post interview, and one open offer post interview. No direct offers or rejections after interview reported. A load of direct rejections.

So those with offers were re-interviewed then? I'm assuming then that no 'B' listed individuals were made offers. Bit of a shame, considering i was hoping that i was in that category, but oh well.

Now seriously, what did i say to deserve that? I am just trying to be realistic about my chances.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4486
Original post by Question Mark
you sound more happy this time around. it seems less academic and more personal?

Um not really, like I said each college have their own way of interviewing. The general this time was more personal simply because he wasn't an economist, whereas last time the guy knew a fair amount of economics to make it more academic :smile:
Original post by jamil78613
So those with offers were re-interviewed then? I'm assuming then that no 'B' listed individuals were made offers. Bit of a shame, considering i was hoping that i was in that category, but oh well.

Well, 2 people with offers post interview isn't really a large enough sample size to discern the number of 'B' listed applicants. So you can still hope on.
Original post by amg_22
Um not really, like I said each college have their own way of interviewing. The general this time was more personal simply because he wasn't an economist, whereas last time the guy knew a fair amount of economics to make it more academic :smile:

wow an economics interview without an economist! well good luck mate !:smile:
Original post by Minerva

Hi Minerva, I had my interview today, which went okay! But I was wondering how long I should expect to wait now? I think it might have said on the letter, but I cant find it...
Still waiting for phys nat sci -.-

Chances are basically 0 now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4491
Original post by belisarius
1357853617378.jpg

I finally get it

The idea of the pool is that it's so awful, that no-one wants to go to Cam after it anyways.

Genuis! >=D
Reply 4493
Original post by mp1995
Were they the same as your first interviews?

Not really, in Dec I had a test, two maths interviews and a physics interview (for maths with physics) but today I just had one 25 minute maths interview with two profs with two extended questions.
I got the impression that they just wanted to cover a couple of areas of maths and get me to solve a few things to see how I responded, one numerical & one algebraic.
A pretty similar style, just less rigorous.
Reply 4494
Original post by mick.the.fish
Still waiting for phys nat sci -.-

Chances are basically 0 now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I notice you are slightly worried, and I would just like to say, try not to be :smile: absolutely everyone on this thread deserves, er, something pretty impressive for
a) getting an interview at Cambridge in the first place
b) getting pooled
c) managing to cope with being in the pool and living at the same time
Wherever you go to university will be absolutely fab, be it Cambridge or not, and you will always have the knowledge that you were good enough to have got in, it just wasn't meant to be. And don't forget there is still potential for an offer to wing its way to you.
So, calm :smile:
Original post by JKA17
I notice you are slightly worried, and I would just like to say, try not to be :smile: absolutely everyone on this thread deserves, er, something pretty impressive for
a) getting an interview at Cambridge in the first place
b) getting pooled
c) managing to cope with being in the pool and living at the same time
Wherever you go to university will be absolutely fab, be it Cambridge or not, and you will always have the knowledge that you were good enough to have got in, it just wasn't meant to be. And don't forget there is still potential for an offer to wing its way to you.
So, calm :smile:

Thank you, I'll try my best to calm down :s

I think im struggling with c the most xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where is your second choice amigo?

If the pool is anything to go by how Cam treat the country's brightest young minds, I doubt I want to be there at all
Reply 4497

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too, but soon it'll all be over :smile: where will you go to Uni if Cam doesn't work out?
Original post by medicdude
Well, 2 people with offers post interview isn't really a large enough sample size to discern the number of 'B' listed applicants. So you can still hope on.

Yeah I know what you're saying and I salute the fact that you're trying to remain optimistic. But this conversation began from a point made earlier that medics will have to wait all the way near the end of the process because they are all considered for open offers. You can probably imagine how I reacted to that, I felt as though all of this waiting may actually be worth it and there may be some light at the end of this perpetuating tunnel. However, it seems as though, the only medics with offers so late on are those that were re-interviewed. The rest that were made to wait were simply rejected i.e. no direct offers or open offers. I do appreciate that this may not be representative of this years stats, but I guess all that we can do at this stage is to infer from previous years threads.
Original post by JKA17
Me too, but soon it'll all be over :smile: where will you go to Uni if Cam doesn't work out?

Most probably Durham :biggrin:

U?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending