The Student Room Group

Shops with plus size clothing

Hi guys, I'm searching for a coat for my aunt and she's a large curvy women and is a size 20 I don't know where to look? I normally shop in topshop, river island, new look, Dorothy Perkins, Asos etc.....

So I don't know where to shop for plus size women.... (Sorry not meaning to offend someone)

I know new look have an plus size range called inspire and Asos have a plus size range called curve.

other shops besides Evans and yours clothing, Bhs and M&S, very and Next

Quite fashionable shops not granny-fied lol

thanks guys :smile: appreciate it!! :biggrin:
Reply 1
Hi. My friends a size 20 and she shops in newlook (inspire) george at asda internacional excuse spelling! Dorethy perkins. You might wanna be careful with evans it can be dodgy poor cut over priced ect. Sorry not much help but hope u find something.
Reply 2
Do you have a local Debenhams store? That have nice clothes,sometimes a little price as they can be "designer"
Reply 3
Debenhams do some nice stuff in their plus sized range I think
Reply 4
H&M have a plus-sized section - I don't know how fashionable the stuff is but it seems like a good place to try out. It starts at an 18 I think.

Matalan might also be a good option!
Forever 21 in Westfield Stratford has a plus size range.
Thanks guy for all the shops I've managed to check all of them out and they were brilliant I managed to get a coat from Debenhams for my aunt so thank you all for the shop names once again :smile: I really appreciate it
Reply 7
FAT.

There I said it. Please stop hiding behind "curvy" "plus size" and "larger ladies". You want clothes for fat people. Please don't make it taboo to say that someone has a weight problem. Sweeping it under the carpet won't help anyone.
Reply 8
There is no need to be rude. And who says its a problem? Its only a problem if the the individual thinks it is.
Original post by eikciv
There is no need to be rude. And who says its a problem? Its only a problem if the the individual thinks it is.

Lol denial. Would you say the same about somebody that was anorexic?
Clothing is the most essential thing for the human beings, that should be in proper and perfect manner. We need to wearing the clothes based on our body type, shape and color etc... Then only we can looking like beautiful and neat, for plus size clothing curvygirlguide is the best place.
Reply 11
Yes i would. Its a known fact that anorexia can only be treated once the individual realises they are ill. As for deniel, i am a size 10 so im not quite sure what your point is.
New Look, Dorothy Perkins, Debenhams, Next, ASOS, Marks and Spencer, Tesco, ASDA, Sainsburys and Primark generally go up to size 20 or 22 I think
Reply 13
Original post by alexiareeta
Clothing is the most essential thing for the human beings, that should be in proper and perfect manner. We need to wearing the clothes based on our body type, shape and color etc... Then only we can looking like beautiful and neat, for plus size clothing curvygirlguide is the best place.

But can you see how that attitude is like having clothes shops for anorexics? We wouldn't dream of having such a shop so why do we have shops catering for the other end of the spectrum i.e obese people? It is time people realized that being obese is as bad as being anorexic. If a girl feels sad and starves herself for comfort she gets all the sympathy and medical attention yet when a girl feel sad and overeats for comfort all that happens is people just say "tut tut" but otherwise completely overlook the problem by using flattering words/selling her flattering clothes.
Reply 14
I would really recommend "yours". They do really nice stuff and they're not very expensive :smile:
Do you really think that plus size people get a simple 'tut tut' and then that's it? People discriminate no matter what size you are, thanks to society my little sister who 22 and only now in a size 10, thinks shes fat (she's always been able to fit into clothes made for children aged 11-12)...I'm the opposite of the scale, yes I'm fat but does that mean a simple 'tut tut' is what I have to deal with on a daily basis? Surely it should be about people wearing clothes that fit them and make them feel amazing than having to deal with people who are constantly quite happily putting people down? Would you have the same opinion if it was a woman asking for advice or would you tell her she should ditch her guy and get with someone thinner? Majority shops cater for thin people, even those who are anorexic so why shouldn't fat/curvy/bbw women and men be able to go into a shop that fits their needs and feel happy about it?
Hi, why not try lovefashion.co.uk?

We specialize in plus size clothing of the latest trends at affordable prices.
We hope you purchase soon, happy browsing :smile:

Regards, TeamLoveFashion.

Quick Reply

Latest