The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I was pooled from King's for MML and haven't heard anything since the letter informing me of that either... don't feel very hopeful but now I have find this thread at least I know I am not alone in this awful limbo.
Reply 4561
Original post by Minerva
Good morning all

Latest update report added to the first post here. As I have a bit more time today I have added two tables to the regular format - one with outcomes by pooling college and subject, and one by pooling college.

Good luck to today's interviewees. If they don't tell you when you'll hear, it's usually safe to assume that it won't be until next week.

For the medics still waiting - it seems that the pattern from last year is repeating itself; ie, that many of you are still in limbo. I do hope that the admissions tutors will get on with making their final decisions, but it makes sense to assume that the final moderation meetings won't happen until after any re-interviews.

the tl;dr version for today:

332 posted on their own account
75 direct offers (three people retrieved by their preference college)
32 people invited to 35 interviews
45 rejections confirmed - most colleges feature here now

Hi Minerva! Is there a pattern of what will happen in the next 3 days(until 14th)? Will there be a few direct offers sending out? Or just rejections?....
Reply 4562
Original post by Chrisgame
Argh... Just drowned for Physical Natural sciences for Queens'.
Thanks everyone in this thread, it's been a really good way to remove some of the stress.
Good luck to everyone still swimming, hope it all goes well for you!

Now I need to decide what to do... I have a Nottingham and York offer, but i've only really been set on Cambridge..

Sorry to hear this:frown:.
Reply 4563
How is one supposed to request feedback?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4564
Original post by dornam
How is one supposed to request feedback?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Via your referee, at the end of the month.
Reply 4565
Is there any specific document or just a formal email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4566
Original post by L_X_0.0
Hi Minerva! Is there a pattern of what will happen in the next 3 days(until 14th)? Will there be a few direct offers sending out? Or just rejections?....
There may be a few more, but there's no predictable pattern to it, unfortunately.
Reply 4567
Maybe I'm just the next to be rejected........
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4568
Original post by honggau
@Minerva: I emailed St John yesterday and they said they would have full details of the results of the pool by today and letters would be prepared then. Is that a good sign judging that some people already got rejection letter from St John? Plus, she mentioned my prefered first name which is only shown in UCAS and SAQ. Or am I over thinking?! Maybe I'm just the next to be rejected........
I think you are, to be honest. It's impossible to say what your chances of good news are. At least they are finally getting on with letting people know.
Reply 4569
Original post by Minerva
I think you are, to be honest. It's impossible to say what your chances of good news are. At least they are finally getting on with letting people know.

I know thats why I edited my post lol but thanks!
Just drowned for Engineering at Peterhouse.

Got a letter and it had a feedback form enclosed.

Goodbye all, I'm off to Southampton/Bristol/Bath, well done to those who were fished, good luck in the future to those still swimming and my fellow drowned, and thanks (especially to Minerva) because this thread has made this experience a lot less awful than it could've been.
Reply 4571
pembroke is being very inconsiderate.........
Reply 4572
Just drowned, Pembroke sent a letter today. Oh well :frown:
Reply 4573
Original post by Rivastro
Just drowned, Pembroke sent a letter today. Oh well :frown:

oh i'm very sorry... i'm sure youre gonna go to some other amazing university :smile: which course did you apply for? i'm a bio natsci and pembroke probably sent me one too, but i'm not at my address right now so i dont know!!! any idea when the letter was sent by them?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4574
are there gonna be any direct offers still? when can we give up hope on that?
Reply 4575
Drowned. Emailed pembroke and then they sent me a copy of my decision letter. At least I have enough reasons to start a new life now.
Condolences to the drownees, I've just started my 4 and a half hour train journey down to cam for my re-interview tomorrow and I have forgotten my headphones! GARGGHHHHH! And I can see myself being rejected after all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4577
Is it normal for a re-interview college to request work submitted with the application, don't they just have access to all information on an applicant?
Reply 4578
Original post by L_X_0.0
Drowned. Emailed pembroke and then they sent me a copy of my decision letter. At least I have enough reasons to start a new life now.

So sorry to hear that mate. Where are you planning for your first decision now? Can't remember which subject you doing?

A mate if mine went to a non Russell group uni, got a first, went to Cambridge to do Masters, now has top civil service job.........so it is another way and probably a less stressful route, as we all know easier to get a first from non Oxbridge. Wish you well mate.:wink:
Reply 4579
Original post by L_X_0.0

i'm sorry :/ i'm sure you'll be going to a really awsome uni nonetheless. what course?

Latest

Trending

Trending