The Student Room Group

PSYA4 A2 Predictions - January 2013

Any predictions for this exam?

Doing Schizophrenia, Media and Research Methods

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd also like some predictions for psya4!
I'm doing different topics to you (depression + addiction)
But hopefully by posting here it'll attract more people to the thread!
Reply 2
im doing schziophrenia and addiction (one of each of your topics lol) predictions please??? :smile:
Original post by Alejandro
I'd also like some predictions for psya4!
I'm doing different topics to you (depression + addiction)
But hopefully by posting here it'll attract more people to the thread!

Snap I'm doing depression, addiction and research methods! What do you think will come up for depression?
Reply 4
Original post by coolgirl1999
Snap I'm doing depression, addiction and research methods! What do you think will come up for depression?

Well I've seen a lot of people say something along these lines -

I think the question will be:
A) Outline diagnostic criteria for depression (8 marks)
B) Discuss issues surrounding classification and diagnosing of depression (16 marks)

But who knows!

What do you think?
Man I really hope it's not the diagnostic criteria and the discussion surrounding classification of Depression - that's definitely the two questions I'm weaker in. Hows revision going for everyone? I'm doing Depression, Research Methods and Media.
Reply 6
I don't think Classification and Diagnosis of Schizophrenia will come up as it came up in Jan 12 , Jun 10 and a small question in Jan 11.

At least, I hope it doesn't come up :wink:
Reply 7
Original post by snakeyface
I don't think Classification and Diagnosis of Schizophrenia will come up as it came up in Jan 12 , Jun 10 and a small question in Jan 11.

At least, I hope it doesn't come up :wink:

I hatee that question with a passion! I hope it don't come up. I don't want biological stuff to come up either. Ahh God knows how I'll mangae to rememeber a 24 mark essay and all of addiction and research methods :frown:
Reply 8
Doing Depression, Media and Research Methods :smile:
I really hope biological explanations of Depression come up, such an easy question :biggrin:
Reply 9
I still find research methods the hardest it's such a boring topic. I can't get my head round it...
Reply 10
15 DAYS until the exam!!! :s-smilie:

What would you include in Psychological Explanations of Schizophrenia (24 marker) to get full marks?
Especially AO2, I'm okay at describing it, just not very good at AO2 :frown:
Reply 11
What does everyone think will come up for addiction?
Original post by AlexMKF
Doing Depression, Media and Research Methods :smile:
I really hope biological explanations of Depression come up, such an easy question :biggrin:

I'm doing the same ones, and I hope that question comes up too! Have you used 12 paragraph plans for the 24 marker? It's a really useful way of revising.

Not loving research methods at the moment.
Reply 13
Original post by gypsyclimber
I'm doing the same ones, and I hope that question comes up too! Have you used 12 paragraph plans for the 24 marker? It's a really useful way of revising.

Not loving research methods at the moment.

What's the 12 paragraph plans for 24 markers? Never heard of this :smile: (If you don't mind me asking)
Yup!! I think that it will come up as well! My psych teacher reckons it will come up! But she also said that because everyone may think it may come up aqa may just put another question just to throw us!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Here's a model answer on the issues surrounding classification and diagnosis of depression. I hope this topic does come up, it's quite likely to as it hasn't been up for a while. Anyone doing media? What do you think's coming up for that?
Anyone doing OCD and media? Or know a website for sharing model answers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
What's the 12 paragraph plan thingy???

and does anyone have any resources for schizophrenia, addiction or research methods??

Thanks xx
Reply 18
Original post by iLop
Here's a model answer on the issues surrounding classification and diagnosis of depression. I hope this topic does come up, it's quite likely to as it hasn't been up for a while. Anyone doing media? What do you think's coming up for that?

Thank you so much for this!
Everyone that predicts this question will come up, are they all assuming it'll be set out like that - 8 + 16 marks? Because back in jan 10 I think? It was 5+10 then another random question. Is it guaranteed they won't do something like that again?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Do you reckon the 12 marker report will appear in Research Methods?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending