My picks:

Denver > Baltimore
Houston > New England

GB > SF
Seattle > ATL

Denver > Houston
GB > Seattle

Denver > GB
I'd also like to see Houston beat NE. Their defence has a lot of work to do though.
Reply 4942
I just can't write Tom Brady off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going for a Denver/Seattle Superbowl. Seahawks have momentum at the minute and I can't help but root for the underdogs.
Reply 4944
Who's got or is getting tickets to the World Series then? I proper fancy the Steelers v Vikings game so i'm going to negotiate with my Mum tomorrow!
I have to stick with Patriots winning the AFC, they create so many mismatches against the Broncos despite playing in Denver, and the Texans are an overrated bunch. From the NFC, I like the Packers.
Reply 4946
Original post by Wattsy
Who's got or is getting tickets to the World Series then? I proper fancy the Steelers v Vikings game so i'm going to negotiate with my Mum tomorrow!

Got my ticket for the Steelers v Vikings game, although my mate (the only other person I know who likes the NFL) can't make it because he's broke, so I'll be going alone. Anyone else in need of company for the game, we could have a TSR outing:tongue:
Reply 4947
Original post by Zubby77
Got my ticket for the Steelers v Vikings game, although my mate (the only other person I know who likes the NFL) can't make it because he's broke, so I'll be going alone. Anyone else in need of company for the game, we could have a TSR outing:tongue:

I'm roping in my mate who lives in Greenwich (down the road by London standards) because I can't find anyone else either so he was the most practical guy to ask. He also gives me a free house to stay at. Now just to get some tickets!
Reply 4948
Everyone set their teams for this weekends fantasy challenge? Can't believe I didn't pick foster in the Wildcard week -_-.
Reply 4949
Have this odd, deep fear the Texans might get something, as stupid as it sounds.

They better not :angry:
Original post by R-KAM
Have this odd, deep fear the Texans might get something, as stupid as it sounds.

They better not :angry:

im terrified as well so many people think the Pats will cruise its unnerving...
Reply 4951
Original post by Malevolent
im terrified as well so many people think the Pats will cruise its unnerving...

Yeah, exactly. See Jets 2010 :facepalm2:

Don't let them get their running game going and get Brady out there ASAP and we should walk it :h:
Not sure if the Pats will cruise. The Broncos certainly will pose a challenge

Also, don't know who between the Packers and 49er's will win. Two good teams

My Picks

Broncos beat the Ravens 24-10

Patriots beat the Texans 20-14

Packers come out on top over the 49ers, 28-24

And Falcons beat the Seahawks, 30-14

And yes, despite a decent performance, and a soft schedule by the Falcons, I think the Falcons will handle the Seahawks easily. If RG3 hadn't been injured, the previous game would have been a big win for the Redskins
Next weeks picks - Broncos over the Pats - 28-30

Pack over Falcons - 14-20

Broncos to take the Superbowl

Despite the fact that my favorite team is the Pats right now, I just think that Broncos have a bit of the edge
Original post by dgeorge

And Falcons beat the Seahawks, 30-14

And yes, despite a decent performance, and a soft schedule by the Falcons, I think the Falcons will handle the Seahawks easily. If RG3 hadn't been injured, the previous game would have been a big win for the Redskins

Seahawks hater here aha. Washington got off to a hot start, and Seattle played badly first quarter. RG3 was already injured 1st quarter so no excuses there. RG3 wasn't playing defense for the Redskins.Falcons easiest schedule played, Seattle beat 5 playoff teams and limited GB to 12 and Brady to 23. Falcons will never hang 30 on them especially since they are so one dimension. Seattle got arguably best secondary in the league, a decent pass rush even without Clemons and speedy LBs. Falcons may win but they will not score 30 points. Lynch to have a big game and it'll come down to last possession.
PS: anybody who claims Seattle win against GB win wasn't legit. Seen the penalties that continued the drive for GB on their go ahead drive. Horrendous calls including DPI on 3rd and long. And technically consulting the NFL rules, Tate did make the catch. He got a hand on the ball first, had possession mid air and landed first.
It was impossible to see from the replay who made the catch, which is why the video official made the right call in letting the ruling on the field stand.
Original post by nevergohalfpace
Seahawks hater here aha. Washington got off to a hot start, and Seattle played badly first quarter. RG3 was already injured 1st quarter so no excuses there. RG3 wasn't playing defense for the Redskins.Falcons easiest schedule played, Seattle beat 5 playoff teams and limited GB to 12 and Brady to 23. Falcons will never hang 30 on them especially since they are so one dimension. Seattle got arguably best secondary in the league, a decent pass rush even without Clemons and speedy LBs. Falcons may win but they will not score 30 points. Lynch to have a big game and it'll come down to last possession.
PS: anybody who claims Seattle win against GB win wasn't legit. Seen the penalties that continued the drive for GB on their go ahead drive. Horrendous calls including DPI on 3rd and long. And technically consulting the NFL rules, Tate did make the catch. He got a hand on the ball first, had possession mid air and landed first.

Not a hater. Just don't think that the Seahawks necessarily have the pieces to get any deeper into the playoffs. RG3 may have been injured in the first, but it only really showed after they were already two scores up.
Even though Russell Wilson is a great rookie QB, I just don't think he has the skill to cope with tougher play the deeper into the playoffs. Marshawn Lynch is rightly the biggest threat in the team, but I have a funny feeling that he will be shut down this game, or at least won't be as productive as usual.

Of course, there is all likelihood that the game may go entirely the other way, but thats just my feeling
Reply 4957
Original post by dgeorge
Not a hater. Just don't think that the Seahawks necessarily have the pieces to get any deeper into the playoffs. RG3 may have been injured in the first, but it only really showed after they were already two scores up.
Even though Russell Wilson is a great rookie QB, I just don't think he has the skill to cope with tougher play the deeper into the playoffs. Marshawn Lynch is rightly the biggest threat in the team, but I have a funny feeling that he will be shut down this game, or at least won't be as productive as usual.

Of course, there is all likelihood that the game may go entirely the other way, but thats just my feeling

As a Seahawks fan it's actually the defense that worries me the most in this (and all other road games), as they've let us down several times this season - fortunately on Sunday it was in the first quarter that they collapsed and not the 4th - if you look back at our games we lost in the second half of the season (Miami and Detroit), Wilson absolutely cannot be held at fault for those losses:

As the 4th quarter starts, Detroit have the ball on the Seattle 17, with Seattle leading 17-14. They complete the drive for the TD and give Wilson the ball back with 11 minutes 30 seconds left, Wilson then drives 87 yards for a TD in 6 minutes to put the score back at 24-21. Detroit get the ball back and in the remaining 5 minutes 30 second drive 80 yards for a TD and the lead, giving Wilson 15 seconds to get the TD - simply not possible (managed to run 2 plays in that time, with the game eventually ending with Tate fumbling the ball away with a poor lateral pass).

Similar story in Miami, though Wilson didn't do as much - Seahawks drive stalls in the 4th quarter and Miami get the ball with 12 minutes left, Seattle with a 14-7 lead. Tannehill drives 82 yards in 4 minutes for a TD. Hey it's not too bad, Leon Washington takes the kickoff to the house, 21-14.
That's ok, defense should hold the Dolphins now, after all they only gave up 7 points in 3 quarters. 3 minutes later it's 21-21.
****. Well, Wilson can chew up some of the remaining clock, even if they don't score at least it'll go to overtime. Miami gets the ball on their own 10 yard line with 90 seconds left. Defense allows Tannehill to drive 65 yards to the Seattle 25 and kick the winning field goal.
17 points given up in the 4th quarter.

Even the Bears game, which we all know now as Wilson driving down the field to take the game to overtime then driving all the way to win the game isn't quite how it went. Wilson drove down the field with a little under 4 minutes to go and scored the TD to take the lead 17-14. Bears start on their own 10 with 24 seconds to go, defense just needs to hold for 2-3 plays. First play, 56 yard pass to Marshall putting Chicago in FG range for the tie :facepalm:

Needless to say, it's not Wilson I'm worried about, his best games have been against San Francisco, New England and Chicago, so the pressure of playing a good team shouldn't get to him. I just worry about the supposed strength of our team - this defense.
I don't know with the Pats, I reckon we can beat any of the remaining teams no problem, but the loss against the 49ers highlighted flaws. If Brady can get it going from the off and get his receivers making completions we shouldn't have any trouble.

To get into the American football-fest of this weekend, I've started watching Friday Night Lights. Anyone else watch this? I think it's really good, can't believe I've only just discovered it.
Reply 4959
Original post by CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
I don't know with the Pats, I reckon we can beat any of the remaining teams no problem, but the loss against the 49ers highlighted flaws. If Brady can get it going from the off and get his receivers making completions we shouldn't have any trouble.

To get into the American football-fest of this weekend, I've started watching Friday Night Lights. Anyone else watch this? I think it's really good, can't believe I've only just discovered it.

Yeah it's really good, I've seen all of it:biggrin: Watching that as well as The League is what got me in to American Football in the first place.

Latest