The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480

people say liverpool are **** yet we have a city named liverpool

I... you... what? :lolwut:
Reply 481
Wayne's still out. I'm hoping he starts training today, in which case he won't be far away.

Nani's back in training and will be in the squad on Sunday.

Phil Jones is back, although I think Wednesday is more likely for him.

Anderson has been back training for 10 days so he'll be in the squad on Sunday.

This is good news, even if they don't start.
Most likely line up for Sunday?
Reply 483
Original post by Zerforax
Most likely line up for Sunday?

De Gea
Rafael - Ferdinand - Evans - Evra
Carrick - Cleverley
Valencia - Kagawa - Young
RvP

Then again Nani could start, so could Anderson, and so could Giggs (on left). I imagine Hernandez will be kept as an impact sub if Rooney truly won't play any part
Reply 484

So deluded! Actually I wouldn't expect any better from a scouser.
Reply 485
Hoping Nani to start instead of Valencia, he has been very poor lately, Young on the other hand has improved for me, though not amazing not as frustrating as Valencia.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 486
Original post by rohitbd
Hoping Nani to start instead of Valencia, he has been very poor lately, Young on the other hand has improved for me, though not amazing not as frustrating as Valencia.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Wouldn't be the type of game to start him in surely, after the time he's been out. Valencia's defensive qualities will still be useful enough in this game. Nani/Hernandez as impact subs from the bench if we need them sounds good.
Reply 487
Does Rooney look slimmer to anyone else?

Original post by Tommyjw
Does Rooney look slimmer to anyone else?

Could just be the angle but definitely in that shot. Would need to see a few others before saying for definite.
Reply 489
Original post by DH1'
I'm sorry but if you think Lampard's your best midfielder then you definitely have problems in that department. From watching Chelsea lately, it's clearly Luiz(Or Mikel when he's back). Says a lot that a CB is probably your best midfielder too. I think he's much more important in defence though, because Ivanovic and Cahill, quite frankly are a disaster. Chelsea have kept more CS's with Luiz at CB this season so you really miss him there. Anyway, going back to Lampard.. Apart from the Everton game, Lampard's season has just consisted of 2 pens and goals @ home against Norwich/Aston Villa.

Some stats which i found from Opta about your deep lying midfielders this season:

Passing Accuracy: Mikel - 90%, Romeu - 89%, Ramires - 85%, Lampard - 81%.
Passing Accuracy in the Final Third: Romeu - 92%, Ramires - 89%, Mikel - 84%, Lampard - 70%
Minutes per successful aerial duel: Romeu - 41, Ramires - 60, Mikel - 70, Lampard - 325
Minutes per successful tackle: Ramires - 29, Mikel - 46, Romeu - 49, Lampard - 72.
Minutes per successful interception: Romeu - 31, Mikel - 49, Ramires - 63, Lampard - 72.
Minutes per recovered ball: Mikel - 12, Romeu - 18, Ramires - 19, Lampard - 20.
Minutes per defensive clearance: Ramires - 49, Mikel - 55, Romeu - 61, Lampard - 81.

Best midfielder in the deep role? Yeah right :lol:

Carrick's passing ability is superior to Lampards'. We don't need him for his finishing, he would honestly have no major role at all in the first 11. With all due respect, Pirlo is playing in a league where the tempo is less, he would probably find it more tricky in the Prem right now. Lampard could do well their but again, he wouldn't displace any of Juve's current midfielders. I have watched alot of Chelsea this season, and Lampard has rarely started in the big games. An immobile/ageing midfielder like him is not what we need.

beautifully constructed argument, plus rep when i can.
Rooney always seems to slim down when he gets injured, which is strange as you would think he would have nothing to do than sit about for much of the time.
Original post by doggyfizzel
Rooney always seems to slim down when he gets injured, which is strange as you would think he would have nothing to do than sit about for much of the time.

I think it may be due to the fact that during his recovery, he would be in a strict routine which would cover his diet and strengthening his general fitness. He probably be spending a lot of time on fitness machines. I think that in the summer prior to pre season, he may have less routine and therefore gain weight which I felt meant he wasnt as fit as he could be at the start of the season.
Original post by Abiraleft
I... you... what? :lolwut:

The city is named after the club, is it not?

:awesome:
Reply 493
Nice article by Andy Cole, on Messi vs. Ronaldo "popularity contest"

http://www.thenational.ae/thenationalconversation/sport-comment/messi-or-ronaldo-popularity-contest-continues

And..the @LiverpoolUnion twitter page is putting me in stitches lol
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 495

What is painful is to see United so far in front of us. We knew when we sold him to Utd that would be the case

I know a few people who won't like that ha
Original post by doggyfizzel

My friend said alex ferguson give him a free pass during christmas time to be a fat **** and then he loses the weight after christmas. :colonhash:
I'm rather excited. Going to a house of Second Year's to watch it on Sunday. Some of them are Liverpool fans. We have to win. 2-1 to us I think.
Just remember, remember ...

Remember ALL of Anfield singing Munich songs

Remember the Kop doing aeroplanes

Remember the Munich 58 banner on the Kop

Remember Scousers slashing straight members and scarfers home AND away

Remember Maine Road 85 & what was at stake

Remember that we stopped them doing the "Impossible" Treble

Remember ALL those flags mocking Munich at Heysel in '85

Remember 39 dead Italians and how they tried to blame everyone but themselves

Remember the bastards throwing CS Gas at our players at Anfield

Remember that utter UTTER **** Kenny Dalglish

Remember Anfield 1992 & how you felt after Rush scored

Remember 3-3 in 1994 & how it felt like a defeat

Remember the **** spitting on Eric as he went to lift The FA Cup

Remember Robbie Fowler and his four (now five) finger salute every time he scores against us

Remember that giant FC Bayern München flag at Anfield in 1999

Remember Paul Ince (and all of Anfield) thinking he had denied us the Title

Remember losing Five on the trot against them 2000-2002

Remember The BBC hailing the plastic treble as some sort of achievement

Remember them breaking the silence in honour of Georgie Best

Remember rick parry bleating on about the NY honours and Paisley & all that other ****e, the ****ing ****er!

Remember scousers complaining on 5Live that Sir Matt only got knighted because he survived the disaster

Remember Smiths ambulance & cups of **** at anfield

Remember how they laughed when the glazers took over

Remember how you felt on 25 May 2005

Remember that Steaua Buchrest flag on the Kop

Remember the lack of justice and regard for Martin Gergiov

Remember Carraghers assault on Nani

Remember that horrible racist **** Suarez

Remember how they have behaved since

Remember that Kenny Dalglish is still the biggest **** in football

But most of all make them remember we knocked them off their ****ing perch.

BRING IT ON! Liverpool at home is always the biggest game in the season for United, this rivalry still means more than anything. There are no words to describe how much I despise, loathe, hate, detest and abhor LFC and all who sail in her. I'll be there Sunday at the home of England's most successful club, grinning proudly at the top of OUR perch.

19! 19! 19!
Reply 499
Original post by Kevmeister
The city is named after the club, is it not?

:awesome:

I always assumed it was because the city has traditionally had the largest pool of liver donors in Europe. :getmecoat:

Anyway, the match discussion thread for tomorrow's game is now up; please take all match discussion before and during the game there. :h:

Latest