Clinical Sciences at the University of Bradford

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by amazon123456789
im a biomed stdent at uclan and want to transfer
i got 3 C's in sciences
just wondering if this happened to anyone else
or has anyone else transferd

I don't know anyone that has transferred from biomed. It's best to ring up and ask if they'll let you in.
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Original post by KJKA
I don't know anyone that has transferred from biomed. It's best to ring up and ask if they'll let you in.

on thier website they do but i was just wondering if anyone actually has

has any1 from clinical science transfered onto phramacy?
Reply 102
on thier website they do but i was just wondering if anyone actually has

has any1 from clinical science transfered onto phramacy?

Yes. There's actually a few oversea students in my year that I know that want to transfer to pharmacy.
Original post by KJKA
Yes. There's actually a few oversea students in my year that I know that want to transfer to pharmacy.

they recently said they want ABB and ive only got CCC. so now i dnt know what to do. i really wana do pharmacy?. are you in first year of uni
Reply 104
they recently said they want ABB and ive only got CCC. so now i dnt know what to do. i really wana do pharmacy?. are you in first year of uni

Foundation year. I got offered a year 1 place turned it down.

This was because I can apply to other courses whilst on a foundation year as it is a stand alone year. I couldn't do that on the first year of the course as it would look like I dropped out and that would look pretty bad.

Is that the requirements for foundation year or first year?

A lot of pharmacy schools offer foundation years. You'll have to ring up and ask or look on their website if they do offer one.
Reply 105
Has anyone received an offer or interview date or had an interview for the Bradford Clinical Foundation year for 2013 entry?

Also I've asked around and most people have said that the place is really aweful do its reputation of riots but I think im going ignore those factors since medicine is probably a once in a life time oppurtunity!
Original post by 12345po
Has anyone received an offer or interview date or had an interview for the Bradford Clinical Foundation year for 2013 entry?

Also I've asked around and most people have said that the place is really aweful do its reputation of riots but I think im going ignore those factors since medicine is probably a once in a life time oppurtunity!

I had an interview a couple of weeks ago and had not visited the university before then. First impressions was that the city itself (which has been renovated and looks pretty good!) was very different to what I am used to at home and the university was better than I had expected and I was even more impressed when I watched a presentation about the content and opportunities of the clincial science course.

I had been unsure about the course myself when I got an invitation to interview and was debating whether or not to go - when aspiring to medicine, starting off somewhere that does not do the course isn't really a good start!

However, the course seems to present a good foundation for starting medicine at university from the relevant skills you learn and the course content. If you are successful in getting 60/70% in all modules with no resits, you are eligable to apply to Leeds university for year 1 entry to medicine. The clinical science foundation has a guaranteed number of spaces every year for interview at leeds. If you are unsuccessful to be considered for medicine after the foundation, you can continue on to Year one clinical science and then apply to leeds that year but can not have interview through clinical science more than once. Even if you are unsuccessful after that, you have the opportunity to apply for graduate medicine after the clinical science degree. Not ideal if you want to study medicine - extra time and money wasted but it's still an excellent opportunity...

The interview itself was around 20 minutes long and for me didn't go well. I was unprepared for the structure of the interview and was completley thrown by some of the questions I was asked. I even got so worked up that I cried, forgot what I was saying and answered simple scientific questions wrong. I did acknowledge that I was wrong and corrected myself but felt that I had screwed the entire thing up.

To my utter surprise, they accepted me after interview, offering me grades CC which is pretty reasonable as I am a re-sit applicant. Sorry for the lengthy reply, but I know I would have appreciated some detailed information before I went for interview as I had no idea what sort of things I would be asked aside from what my future intentions were. Feel free to ask any questions - If I got through such an awful interview, you can! :smile:
Original post by 12345po

yeah i've got one in feb, and several others on TSR have had interviews already and had offers too for 2013 entry.
Reply 108
Has anybody received interviews for just the 3 year clinical science course? I'm really on edge cause its my only one I haven't heard from D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 109
Applied but haven't head back from them. When do they usually respond? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 110
Original post by asphodel77
I had an interview a couple of weeks ago and had not visited the university before then. First impressions was that the city itself (which has been renovated and looks pretty good!) was very different to what I am used to at home and the university was better than I had expected and I was even more impressed when I watched a presentation about the content and opportunities of the clincial science course.

I had been unsure about the course myself when I got an invitation to interview and was debating whether or not to go - when aspiring to medicine, starting off somewhere that does not do the course isn't really a good start!

However, the course seems to present a good foundation for starting medicine at university from the relevant skills you learn and the course content. If you are successful in getting 60/70% in all modules with no resits, you are eligable to apply to Leeds university for year 1 entry to medicine. The clinical science foundation has a guaranteed number of spaces every year for interview at leeds. If you are unsuccessful to be considered for medicine after the foundation, you can continue on to Year one clinical science and then apply to leeds that year but can not have interview through clinical science more than once. Even if you are unsuccessful after that, you have the opportunity to apply for graduate medicine after the clinical science degree. Not ideal if you want to study medicine - extra time and money wasted but it's still an excellent opportunity...

The interview itself was around 20 minutes long and for me didn't go well. I was unprepared for the structure of the interview and was completley thrown by some of the questions I was asked. I even got so worked up that I cried, forgot what I was saying and answered simple scientific questions wrong. I did acknowledge that I was wrong and corrected myself but felt that I had screwed the entire thing up.

To my utter surprise, they accepted me after interview, offering me grades CC which is pretty reasonable as I am a re-sit applicant. Sorry for the lengthy reply, but I know I would have appreciated some detailed information before I went for interview as I had no idea what sort of things I would be asked aside from what my future intentions were. Feel free to ask any questions - If I got through such an awful interview, you can! :smile:

Wow .. thank you so much! So are you planning to keep it as your firm choice? And what other courses/ places have you applied for? Also was the interview process like really terrifying? I literally blank out when I'm nervous!! And were the questions just general gcse or alevel? And lastly do they ask questions based on your personal statement?

I think CC is pretty awesome.. seeing as other universities like applicants with three subjects. However one of the problems with me applying to Bradford is that its to far from where I live in london and alot of money so I want to know if its worth it :frown:

So sorry for so many questions!
Thank-you!
Original post by 12345po
Wow .. thank you so much! So are you planning to keep it as your firm choice? And what other courses/ places have you applied for? Also was the interview process like really terrifying? I literally blank out when I'm nervous!! And were the questions just general gcse or alevel? And lastly do they ask questions based on your personal statement?

I think CC is pretty awesome.. seeing as other universities like applicants with three subjects. However one of the problems with me applying to Bradford is that its to far from where I live in london and alot of money so I want to know if its worth it :frown:

So sorry for so many questions!
Thank-you!

Nooo, it's fine, I dont mind :smile:

I have no idea what I'm going to do as it will depend on what replies i get from my other choices and what my exam results are like in march :wink: I have applied for 1 medicine and a mix of biomed and related medical courses. All going well I will probably pick medicine as my first choice and not sure about the others!

It was a little scary because it was my first interview and then I messed up near the beginning and got muddled so I felt ten times more intimidated. The women that interviewed me were lovely if a tiny bit intimidating but only to put people on the spot like they would at a medical interview - they explained that they need suitable candidates at this stage so they pick people who would cope on a medical course.
I think if you go in there knowing your stuff - personal statement, work experience, recent medical stories etc you shouldn't get yourself too nervous. I go go blank myself when im nervous and I think they could see that but you just have to relax and think of an answer. The more the interview goes on, the more relaxed you will get.

The questions I was asked was mostly about society, medicine and hospitals in general rather than scientific stuff. However, nearing the end they do ask you medical/ biological questions that you should already know about - trust me, don't worry about that part!

Best thing to do is be honest with your intentions, especially about why you want to do the course/ medicine. Don't just regurgitate model answers without thinking because they will realise! Pause when asked a question, give it some proper thought and then give your answer - to show you have considered the information you have. Even if you mess up, I think the best thing to to is acknowledge that and correct yourself - which was probably my redeeming quality and explained at the end how much I wanted to be considered for the course.

I hope thats been helpful and I havent waffled at you! :colondollar: If you have any more questions, just message me and I'll try to answer as best as I can! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 112
Got an interview today! :biggrin: cheered me up after feeling like so ill. Anybody else got one on Wednesday the 23rd? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 12345po

Original post by muzza.
Got an interview today! :biggrin: cheered me up after feeling like so ill. Anybody else got one on Wednesday the 23rd? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a letter before the christmas holidays to say I have an interview, and I'd hear later on about a date, but I haven't heard yet. Did you get a letter or email? or did you have to email/phone to clarify when you want to do it as the letter said something about feb for those with jan exams and jan for those without.

I have an exam that day, so probably wont get/attend on the 23rd
Original post by KJKA
Foundation year. I got offered a year 1 place turned it down.

This was because I can apply to other courses whilst on a foundation year as it is a stand alone year. I couldn't do that on the first year of the course as it would look like I dropped out and that would look pretty bad.

Is that the requirements for foundation year or first year?

A lot of pharmacy schools offer foundation years. You'll have to ring up and ask or look on their website if they do offer one.

did you ask to be put for the foundation year or did they offer this when you turned down yr 1?
I applied for yr 1 but want to do the foundation despite how well I perform at an interview
Reply 115
I sent my application off about 15th Decemberish and they still haven't got back to me apart from the say they've acknowledged my application... Should they have rejected or offered me an interview by now? :s
Original post by carehow
I sent my application off about 15th Decemberish and they still haven't got back to me apart from the say they've acknowledged my application... Should they have rejected or offered me an interview by now? :s

i sent mine in oct and heard the other day
I am in the dumps:frown: sent in my application in December and it has not even been acknowledged. I have heard nothing. Every other uni has said something! I guess its a reject coming. Anybody been invited to an interview since the start of the year?
Original post by muzza.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats to you! I know your joy! how did the interview go? have u had an offer?
Reply 119
anybody know the chances of the foundation clinical science course coming up for clearing? + what are the interviews like

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending