The Student Room Group

WJEC biology BY4 11/01/2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by MrBean1994
Well, if you scroll back the past 7 pages to the start I'm sure you'll read what the thread was for. I think you'll find that it wasn't for answers to the exam, purely for discussing the possible topic that may be involved.

Well the exams been now... So what else are we supposed to discuss?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 141
Well, if you scroll back the past 7 pages to the start I'm sure you'll read what the thread was for. I think you'll find that it wasn't for answers to the exam, purely for discussing the possible topic that may be involved.

So what exactly do we do now we've done the exam?
Reply 142
Original post by stevo95
Well the exams been now... So what else are we supposed to discuss?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anything but answers preferably.
Reply 143

So nothing.

This is for talking about answers, if you don't want to look at potential answers, don't look at this thread.
Reply 145
To be fair, you can't single one person out for discussing answers when everyone else is

Come on lads we've all had a drink

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 146
Original post by Bord3r
So nothing.

What did you think of the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 147
what do people think the grade boundaries will be for this paper? I'm pretty sure I've seen them as low as 69% in previous past papers, which is around 55/80!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 148

That's ridiculous
Reply 149
Original post by Picksel8
what do people think the grade boundaries will be for this paper? I'm pretty sure I've seen them as low as 69% in previous past papers, which is around 55/80!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully will be around the same. 55/80 for an A would be perfect. Reckon I'll get about a low B.
Reply 150
Mr Beans had a 'mare

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 151
Original post by stevo95
What did you think of the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not too bad, although as always with WJEC you come away feeling a little bit cheated. They ask questions that your teacher only went over briefly and you just know the mark scheme's going to be really specific.
How about you?
Original post by Bord3r
Not too bad, although as always with WJEC you come away feeling a little bit cheated. They ask questions that your teacher only went over briefly and you just know the mark scheme's going to be really specific.
How about you?

Agreed, a lot of my answers were hugely ambiguous. I feel like it could be an E or if the boundaries are low a B. I thought the respiration thing was in the bag but now that I think about it I reckon I ****ed it up. I put the one about "glycerol going in as trios phosphate" in glycolysis, only to remember as soon as I walked out the door it goes in the Krebs cycle.

Also, how dare they represent the "w" tag labeling the Krebs cycle as ATP, a few people in my school said it was ATP but I thought it was Co2? If it was ATP then that's very mean, they did not even specify if it was one cycle or two? Bull****.
Reply 153
Sorry guys - been a long week. Love you all xx
Reply 154
Reading this thread post exam and seeing all the different answers people got is making me want to self harm

I'm off to sit in the dark and listen to my chemical romance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 155
Reply 156
Original post by Bord3r
How about you?

I really liked the paper... So glad nothing on kidney came up... Also quite shocked haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mclovin123
Agreed, a lot of my answers were hugely ambiguous. I feel like it could be an E or if the boundaries are low a B. I thought the respiration thing was in the bag but now that I think about it I reckon I ****ed it up. I put the one about "glycerol going in as trios phosphate" in glycolysis, only to remember as soon as I walked out the door it goes in the Krebs cycle.

Also, how dare they represent the "w" tag labeling the Krebs cycle as ATP, a few people in my school said it was ATP but I thought it was Co2? If it was ATP then that's very mean, they did not even specify if it was one cycle or two? Bull****.

Ahh i thought glycolysis too :L that was a mean question, and 4 marks for it! I think the w came out both times right after the carbons reduced in number, if it was ATP what other evidence was there for it? (I thought co2)
Reply 158
Original post by mclovin123

Glycerol doesn't go in kerbs.... I thought it went in at triose phosphate too... But it specified '3 carbon compound' so I put pyruvate as there was no arrow pointing to triose

Also W was co2... Every time a substance loses a carbon it loses a co2 molecule!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 159
Original post by Picksel8
Mr Beans had a 'mare

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha tell me about it. Teddy won't drop it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending