The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Found out via UCAS Track that the other colleges let me drown for HSPS, and Downing didn't take me back, so I guess this is goodbye for now, kids.

The last week waiting in the pool was made so much more bearable by the rest of you fish in a similar state of limbo posting on this thread, so thank you.

As for me, I'm now coming to a university near you! (If you're going to Edinburgh, Leeds, Glasgow or Bath....)

So, final words (this feels like the opposite of an Oscar acceptance speech, on dear):

To those who drowned in the pool, we had a good run. Cambridge wouldn't have put us there if we didn't have a chance of getting a place. We're going on to bigger and better things, I promise you.

To those who are still waiting, don't lose hope. There's every chance you might get in, and if you do, I'll be cheering for you from my slightly-less-prestigious-but-nonetheless-fantastic university :smile:

Until we meet again
Spacemenrule94 x
Reply 4721
Original post by Hephaestus 13
Is it dated?

Yes, the 9th.
Reply 4722
Original post by Namod
Minerva, I received two sheets for winter pool.
One saying that I had from 5 of jan to 10 of jan to get an offer.
Does it mean is it finished for me? :frown:
It is unlikely that you'll get an offer now, but not completely impossible. What subject and which college did you apply for?
Reply 4723
Original post by Minerva
It is unlikely that you'll get an offer now, but not completely impossible. What subject and which college did you apply for?

Subject Engineering
And I applied another college but got pooled to Girton. So now I think I have really small chance. And my UMS is not as good as the people here. :mad:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Silverland
Today my heart has joined the thousand, for my dream drowned with me

:hugs:
Reply 4725
I propose a party at Durham for all us poolees who end up there.
Hugely tempted to create an underground society of Cambridge rejects intent on showing Cambridge just how wrong they really were :colone:

Original post by JKA17

2nd!

One a poolie always a poolie! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4727
Hugely tempted to create an underground society of Cambridge rejects intend on showing Cambridge just how wrong they really were :colone:

2nd!

Hear hear to both of those points!
Reply 4728
Hugely tempted to create an underground society of Cambridge rejects intend on showing Cambridge just how wrong they really were :colone:

2nd!

I for one would join this. It's not that I dislike Cambridge, I just want to prove to myself as much as anyone, that I was good enough.
Original post by JKA17

awww now I really wanna get into Durham! :s-smilie: Still no reply back from them......applied for Physics and Astrophysics and I'm getting kinda worried D:
When did Christ's inform rejected fish last year?
Original post by JKA17

Sounds good what college u applied to there? And what subject ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4732
I haven't been on here on a while, but it seems everybody left swimming has given up all hope and are now awaiting rejection. It is all very depressing :frown: don't get me wrong, I have always been expecting rejection, and was actually delighted to even be pooled! But I thought we could receive offers up until 15th? Everybody seems to be saying it is certain we won't. I'm just a little confused :s-smilie:
Reply 4733
Original post by Hephaestus 13
Sounds good what college u applied to there? And what subject ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

St Chad's and history :smile: and you? (if you applied that is...)
Original post by JKA17

Yeah a did collingwood and engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JKA17

i'm St Chad's and history too :smile:
Reply 4736
Original post by andypoole163
i'm St Chad's and history too :smile:

Ah hey! Do you have an offer? :smile:
Reply 4737
Wish I had applied to Durham now :/ I was too cautious I think :frown:
Reply 4738
That's the end of it :biggrin:
Thanks all of you guys for a great journey!
Original post by JKA17
Ah hey! Do you have an offer? :smile:

yeah got it on tuesday and drowned today, you?

Latest

Trending

Trending