The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I made a profile specifically because it'd be interesting to have a pen pal from another country! (Hopefully that doesn't come across as creepy)

I live in the U.S., born in China, go to law school, 22 yrs old, female, always wanted to visit the UK. That's the bare bones. My handwriting is horrible so anyone want to be email pen pals :smile:?
Reply 101
Original post by Cattypake
I made a profile specifically because it'd be interesting to have a pen pal from another country! (Hopefully that doesn't come across as creepy)

I live in the U.S., born in China, go to law school, 22 yrs old, female, always wanted to visit the UK. That's the bare bones. My handwriting is horrible so anyone want to be email pen pals :smile:?

Hah, Which city are you in when you are in china??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 102
Original post by Lance liu
Hah, Which city are you in when you are in china??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was born in Changsha, but my family lives in the U.S. so I've only been to China a couple times when I was younger. My Chinese is almost nonexistent so I can't see myself visiting anytime soon :colondollar:!

I'd be up for it :smile: I think I'd prefer email as to written as I'm not too ecstatic about giving my home address away lol. Where abouts in the US are you from? I'm from rainy old Scotland lol.
Hello, just read through this thread and decided I'd join the group- sounds quite fun :smile: (if anyone wants a penpal from the Midlands)
Original post by Annie72
Well my friend was going out with his friend at the time,both lads were in the RAF, and my friends BF asked her if she had any friends that would like to write to some lads in on camp in Europe.I wrote to 5 lads in the end,and my hubby was the only one to reply.Just started writing, and then we met about 4 months later.We had feelings for each other by then so we gave a relationship a go.It was an LDR but we made it.Got married just over 2 years later.

That was almost 19 years ago and we're still together.

wow that's such a lovely story!! xx
Reply 106
Hey guys just joined the group:-):-) ...anyone wanna be penpals via email?... :-):-)
If anyone wants a pen pal the old fashioned way, I'm a snail mail connoisseur. c:
Original post by Bibliomaniac
If anyone wants a pen pal the old fashioned way, I'm a snail mail connoisseur. c:

Would you mind having a Scot as the recipient of the aforementioned snail mail?
Snail mail all the way! The anticipation, like most things in life, makes it better.

Also, it's nice to have some variation in my mail between "electricity bill, heating bill, depressing reminder that my bank account is almost empty, pizza takeaway advertisement" :tongue:
Original post by GingerGoat
Would you mind having a Scot as the recipient of the aforementioned snail mail?

I'm up for it if you are! And it's perfect because I was looking for a Scottish pen pal; I'm holding offers from Edinburgh and St. Andrew's, so it would be great to get a feel of the country before going there. :biggrin:

The way we execute the penpalling is completely at your discretion.
Reply 110
I was born in Changsha, but my family lives in the U.S. so I've only been to China a couple times when I was younger. My Chinese is almost nonexistent so I can't see myself visiting anytime soon :colondollar:!

Wow, I was born in Changsha though I m living in SZ right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahaha this sounds interesting. Unfortunately I don't have enough time to write letters, but I think email will do :biggrin:
Oh and I joined the group :cool:
Wow! This takes me back a decade or so to when I had a pen pal. There's something to be said for a handwritten letter. Shame they aren't as common these days :frown:
Reply 113
I'd prefer to write via email. Is that alright, or is it only for people wanting to write by post?
Reply 114
Original post by shera89
I'd prefer to write via email. Is that alright, or is it only for people wanting to write by post?

It can be anything you want!
I wouldn't mind an email one! Sounds quite good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115
Just joined the group. I'd love a handwritten penpal like when I was a kid, it'd be great fun. There's always something lovely about getting a personal letter in the post :biggrin:
Original post by Tigrah99
Just joined the group. I'd love a handwritten penpal like when I was a kid, it'd be great fun. There's always something lovely about getting a personal letter in the post :biggrin:

Great! :smile: Want to be my penpal? :smile:
Anyone want to be my penpal? It seems like a pretty cool idea, so I'm up for it if anyone wouldn't mind having a caffeine-obsessed YouTube-loving music-crazy person as a pen-pal.
Original post by MrCheesecake
Anyone want to be my penpal? It seems like a pretty cool idea, so I'm up for it if anyone wouldn't mind having a caffeine-obsessed YouTube-loving music-crazy person as a pen-pal.

MrCheesecake, can I just say, I love your name :tongue:

Where abouts you from ?
Original post by VanillaTwilight
MrCheesecake, can I just say, I love your name :tongue:

Where abouts you from ?

Why, thank you. I thought it up myself:colondollar:
I'm from Wales, you?

Latest

Trending

Trending