The Student Room Group

WJEC biology BY4 11/01/2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by JulieRichards
yeah i only listed uses but the word 'importance' confused me a little, i didnt know if it was asking for uses or properties or advantages or something completely different

That's WJEC for you. :rolleyes:
do u think they will be picky on the part of plant which contains photoreceptor? I put leaves but I was ummming and rrrrrrring about whether to put just leaf
Reply 182
Original post by adamcusirinzon
do u think they will be picky on the part of plant which contains photoreceptor? I put leaves but I was ummming and rrrrrrring about whether to put just leaf

Wjec are mean but I think they'll give you the mark for putting the plural version of the answer :P
Reply 183
A nice exam except the sly bit of BS1. I put: Multiple tertiary structured proteins plus a non-protein group held together by bonds. Should pick up one of 2 marks at least

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 184

They'll deffo accept both

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 185
Original post by mclovin123
It said afterward, "what enzyme is used for it"? Or something similar. I too put co2, but becuase I did not know the enzyme I just put ATPase.
I put NADPH and the enzyme dehydrogenase because that W was everywhere even in the krebs cycle so I though it must be NADH because that was everywhere by the enzyme dehydrogenase.
Original post by Zarah A
I put NADPH and the enzyme dehydrogenase because that W was everywhere even in the krebs cycle so I though it must be NADH because that was everywhere by the enzyme dehydrogenase.

I thought along the same lines as you at first!! but then I realised if it was NADH2 then it would've present in glycolysis as well but it wasnt...in my opinion it was carbon dioxide and the enzyme was decarboxylase.
Reply 187
Original post by zacb95
A nice exam except the sly bit of BS1. I put: Multiple tertiary structured proteins plus a non-protein group held together by bonds. Should pick up one of 2 marks at least

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put multiple polypeptide chains woven and folded held together by hydrogen bonds. But to be honest I was just babbling I think. Not a fan of WJEC
Reply 188
I thought along the same lines as you at first!! but then I realised if it was NADH2 then it would've present in glycolysis as well but it wasnt...in my opinion it was carbon dioxide and the enzyme was decarboxylase.

I had the exact same trail of thoughts like you haha! Think it was carbon dioxide but was threw off track with the next qs on the production of the compound..but still put decarboxylase. Hope we're right!
Reply 189
Original post by hcsbc
I put multiple polypeptide chains woven and folded held together by hydrogen bonds. But to be honest I was just babbling I think. Not a fan of WJEC

You're not alone. :smile:
Reply 190
WJEC are so sneaky one of the essays in the HB4 paper was the same as BY4 last year :colone:
Reply 191
The eight mark table was horrible!!
I put two of the locations the wrong way around and because I did so for both mitochondria and chloroplasts that is a whole 4 marks down the drain!!
Was really shocked about the lack of kidney questions! :O
Reply 192
Original post by stevo95
Ahh I went for thylakoid and matrix... Hmmm... Yeah! I can't remember now about that one haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's the stroma for chloroplast, because this is to maintain the H+ conc gradient inside the thylakoid space.
Reply 193
Original post by chloels
The eight mark table was horrible!!
I put two of the locations the wrong way around and because I did so for both mitochondria and chloroplasts that is a whole 4 marks down the drain!!
Was really shocked about the lack of kidney questions! :O

I have to agree, it required a little more understand the study and revision give you, where as it is well explained in the textbook printed in Nov, would definitely recommend that book.
Reply 194
WJEC are such sly dogs! They literally try and catch you out on everything, its as if they want you to fail or something.
Reply 195
Original post by ellaott
WJEC are such sly dogs! They literally try and catch you out on everything, its as if they want you to fail or something.

Definitely, have you seen BY5? My plan is to revise from now and make sure I know absolutely everything.
Reply 196
Ive briefly looked over it but I didnt like the look of what I saw! Yeah, me too. Hate exams so much, i always doubt myself then panic even though in lessons and at home everythings fine.
Reply 197
Hope you've all done well guys!
Reply 198
this exam was awful! hated the population pages and ATP question the most.
Reply 199
Original post by lex300
this exam was awful! hated the population pages and ATP question the most.

The Edexcel Biology unit 4 was TERRIBLE !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending