The Student Room Group

[AQA] - Economics Unit 1 January 15th - [2013]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ineedtorevise127
Ok thanks for that. If you don't mind me asking how do you structure your 25 mark essays in economics?

I am having really trouble with 25 mark essays?

I keep getting 9 or 10/25 for every essay
Is there any good structures that you know?

Many thanks

Could you message me one, I can tell you what you need to improve on? If not I can try explain it but it would be easier.
Can someone please attach/upload some AQA ECON1 notes please ??

Thank you :smile::biggrin:

P.S. How come OCR data response questions are easier than AS AQA Data Response ?? :confused:
Original post by Tha Realest
Can someone please attach/upload some AQA ECON1 notes please ??

Thank you :smile::biggrin:

P.S. How come OCR data response questions are easier than AS AQA Data Response ?? :confused:

pm me and why are you even looking at there questions, by the way the notes are almost finished but I can send you what i done up to now
Original post by jack0213123
pm me and why are you even looking at there questions, by the way the notes are almost finished but I can send you what i done up to now

Sorry I have a inquisitive mind and was wondering lol ... Anyway Thanks :cool:
Original post by jack0213123
Could you message me one, I can tell you what you need to improve on? If not I can try explain it but it would be easier.

ok
Hi,

Could someone please tell me why the answer to the Jan 2010 paper, question 4 is B?

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-ECON1-W-QP-JAN10.PDF

I thought that as its inelastic, QD will only fall by a little? But the answer says that consumers will spend more?

Original post by Jatt.B
the answer is d because quantity supplied is 10000and demanded is 6000! This means that there is excess supply of 4000! This will a be a cost on the government!

As it is provided at 18 pounds you do 18*4000= 72000 which means its d

Thanks very much :smile:
Reply 47

Original post by bestfriends33
Hi,

Could someone please tell me why the answer to the Jan 2010 paper, question 4 is B?

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-ECON1-W-QP-JAN10.PDF

I thought that as its inelastic, QD will only fall by a little? But the answer says that consumers will spend more?

Yes you are right in saying that Qd will fall! But only by a little! Inelastic means that demand is not very responsive to a change in price so this means that at a higher price consumers will purchase the sa,e amount or SLIGHTLY less but at a higher price leading to a general increase as demand will fall but price will rise by MORE
Reply 48
Original post by bestfriends33
Thanks very much :smile:

You're welcome :smile:
Reply 49
Ohh I don't think I worded the above very well! Just to say that it's a an increase in total amount SPENT not the amount demanded!
Original post by Jatt.B
Ohh I don't think I worded the above very well! Just to say that it's a an increase in total amount SPENT not the amount demanded!

I see so the consumers will still by more or less the same amount and thus the amount spent by them will increase if the price is higher. Thank you, I understand now :smile:
Reply 51
I really hope it's on externalities or demerit/ merit
Does anyone have some good notes on pros and cons for government intervention?
I always talk about policies!!
Reply 52
Hi can anyone give a basic unique essay plan like how you sturcture your argument for the 25 marker
i was wondering how you answer this question with diagrams?
‘. . . the provision of speed cameras is a source of government failure’
(Extract E, line 20).
Using the data and your economic knowledge, evaluate this view.
Reply 54
does anyone know where I can find model A grade answers for this paper? im fine on multiple choice, and pretty good at the 25 marker and definition i just cant seem to get the 8 and 12 mark questions right as easy as they should be! anyone know where i can find some good examples?
I'm doing OCR but I gue?ss you're doing similar stuff

What comes under regulation? Does it just mean like price regulation and stuff or does it include things like Polluter Pays Principle, Tradeable Permits, Subsidies etc.?
Reply 56
Original post by klomd
does anyone know where I can find model A grade answers for this paper? im fine on multiple choice, and pretty good at the 25 marker and definition i just cant seem to get the 8 and 12 mark questions right as easy as they should be! anyone know where i can find some good examples?

Yes, google economics essays and there is a site which sells 25 micro and 25 macro for 8 quid...

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are the advantages and disadvantages of a buffer stock scheme?
Reply 58
Hi
Please could someone explain why A is the answer to the question 22 on:
http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-ECON1-W-QP-JUN09.PDF

Thank you :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by Jatt.B

Hi, please could you help me understand why A is the answer to question 22 on:
http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-ECON1-W-QP-JUN09.PDF
Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending