The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4840
Original post by AParentOf2
Direct Hughes Hall offer received for my child. Much disappointment about no re-interview. Much joy about the offer. Letter dated yesterday and received to-day.

Cong Cong Cong!!!this is my 1st post in TSR
Reply 4841
This is from dad of an little international fish. My son is still swimming. I just register this account for saying thank you to Minerva and other guys provided helpful information in the last week. Good luck for everyone!
Finally drowned this morning; rejected by Magdalene for Law via letter.

Although I am slightly disappointed, I am chiefly overwhelmed by a sense of relief, a feeling of closure and a surge of determination.

Having reflected on the entire admissions process over the last week or so, I realised how much I've come to resent Cambridge and the way in which they go about doing things. I can only conclude that if - after getting us to jump through so many hoops and endure so much anxiety - they decide they do not want us, they do not deserve us :smile:

I really hope we can all keep in touch and show one another that this isn't the end of the road, that it is indeed just the beginning. (Silverland, I'm looking at you - make the user group! :wink:)

Anyway, congratulations to those who go on to get offers; commiserations to those who, like myself, fall victim to aspyhxiation. Thank you ineffably, Minerva. Good luck to all for the future.

I'm off to go get a grand spanking degree from the next best law school in the country - see y'all later! :biggrin:
Original post by JKA17
FINALLY!!! Got my rejection letter in the post this morning, I must say, I never thought I'd be so glad to see it. DURHAM HERE I COME :biggrin:
(this was from Magdalene)
Thank you so much everyone for this whole thread, especially Minerva :smile:

WOOOO

Don't let us forget about the Durham reject party :biggrin:

(although I think we need to change the reject tag to something more proud and such. The Oxbridge Underground?)
Original post by Kidioteque

I really hope we can all keep in touch and show one another that this isn't the end of the road, that it is indeed just the beginning. (Silverland, I'm looking at you - make the user group! :wink:)

Agreed! I for one want to make my new tutors delighted to have me!

Slightly ironic that two of the main Cambridge thread creators got rejected, but we still have the proud honour of being one I guess~

You can make the usergroup if you like. I don't really like the tsr form system for doing it. It always confuses me for some reason :s-smilie:
Reply 4844
Has anyone heard heard any news from Girton yet?...im beginning to get really impatient!
Well jesus has finally drowned me for engineering oh well it was kinda what i was expecting.
DURHAM here I come :smile::smile::smile:
Reply 4846
Original post by GeeGee3
Has anyone heard heard any news from Girton yet?...im beginning to get really impatient!

I was at Girton on Thursday for an interview (for maths) and so were a few others there that I met. It may be that they're waiting to compare the applicants they've left hanging with applicants they've reinterviewed from the pool! In which case they'll make all there decisions on Monday and maybe send out letters or make phonecalls on Tuesday.
Last year most people heard on Wednesday after reinterviews so you might be left waiting until then with us!
Reply 4847
Finally got my rejection letter through the post from Robinson.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Drowned today from Jesus for Engineering (giving the heads up to anyone in the same boat- or should I say same pool), seems like rejection letters were received yesterday from Jesus too.

Relieved to be free from constraints, I thought I'd share my personal highlight of the letter I received, a closing statement from Dr. Stephen Hladky:

"I do regret the period of uncertainty you have had to go through, and wish you well for the future."

It is nice to know that despite all this waiting, they have spared me a copied and pasted line of 20 words.

Congratulations to anyone who got in, and good luck to anyone who didn't or is still waiting, I think enduring this process alone is a mental battle with sanity so well done to everyone :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Just had a re-interview for Law yesterday, originally pooled by Downing. Does anyone know when I can expect to hear back about the results? :s-smilie: I'm really nervous!
Original post by Silverland

Pressed wrong button and negged you, really sorry >_>
Reply 4851
Original post by savagedhearts
Just had a re-interview for Law yesterday, originally pooled by Downing. Does anyone know when I can expect to hear back about the results? :s-smilie: I'm really nervous!

Hello fellow pooled lawyer. It says on the general info about the pool, re-interviewed people will hear from 13th onwards.

Good Luck!

Out of interest, which College were you interviewed by?
Reply 4852
Original post by Achilleasrn
Congrats! It seems however that only mature colleges send out offers this late, much to the dismay of us non-mature poolies :tongue:

Really? I thought the generally accepted date is around the 15th as the last day on which pooled applicants can get a direct offer! So there is still hope!
Original post by sgt
Really? I thought the generally accepted date is around the 15th as the last day on which pooled applicants can get a direct offer! So there is still hope!

well technically, the letter says 5-14 january SOME offers made to pooled applicants without further interview. So we all do have somee hope til the 31st!! I'm a medic, and an international one at that, so im gonna keep optimistic past the 14th cuz i think med takes longer to decide... :tongue:
Original post by sgt
Hello fellow pooled lawyer. It says on the general info about the pool, re-interviewed people will hear from 13th onwards.

Good Luck!

Out of interest, which College were you interviewed by?

Hi, would you mind redirecting me to the general info about the pool? Where does it say 13th? Thanks
Reply 4855
Are there any Caius/Law fish still swimming, who have heard nothing at all? :smile:
Keep swimming everyone! Hope people with re-interviews get offers soon :biggrin:
Original post by josephtsui
Hi, would you mind redirecting me to the general info about the pool? Where does it say 13th? Thanks

13 31 January decisions on pool interviews are communicated to applicants

from http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/publications/docs/winterpool_2013.pdf
Reply 4857
Original post by _Georgie
I was at Girton on Thursday for an interview (for maths) and so were a few others there that I met. It may be that they're waiting to compare the applicants they've left hanging with applicants they've reinterviewed from the pool! In which case they'll make all there decisions on Monday and maybe send out letters or make phonecalls on Tuesday.
Last year most people heard on Wednesday after reinterviews so you might be left waiting until then with us!
Ahh I see...that's what I was thinking they wud do...so im guessing ill prob get aletter in the post of a rejection or offer on tues :/ ... what college were you pooled from?
Reply 4858
Original post by Kidioteque
Finally drowned this morning; rejected by Magdalene for Law via letter.

Although I am slightly disappointed, I am chiefly overwhelmed by a sense of relief, a feeling of closure and a surge of determination.

Having reflected on the entire admissions process over the last week or so, I realised how much I've come to resent Cambridge and the way in which they go about doing things. I can only conclude that if - after getting us to jump through so many hoops and endure so much anxiety - they decide they do not want us, they do not deserve us :smile:

Anyway, congratulations to those who go on to get offers; commiserations to those who, like myself, fall victim to aspyhxiation. Thank you ineffably, Minerva. Good luck to all for the future.

I'm off to go get a grand spanking degree from the next best law school in the country - see y'all later! :biggrin:

Just realised that we applied to 4 of the same Law Schools! Will you firm LSE and insure Bristol? :biggrin:
Reply 4859
Original post by GeeGee3
Ahh I see...that's what I was thinking they wud do...so im guessing ill prob get aletter in the post of a rejection or offer on tues :/ ... what college were you pooled from?

Yeah, or if they're a bit slow they'll send it tues so we'll get it on weds. The day of my physics exam, great!
From Pembroke :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending