The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Psychology Applicants (2013 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey. I've applied for and received an offer for Psychology at Durham.
I've been reluctant to post on TSR in the past but seeing as there's a few of us here, why not! :smile:
Hope your applications are going well!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by _Izzy
I've been reluctant to post on TSR in the past but seeing as there's a few of us here, why not! :smile:

Congratulations on your offer! Can I ask, did you get yours in the December batch or more recent? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by emilypsychology
Congratulations on your offer! Can I ask, did you get yours in the December batch or more recent? :smile:

Thank you :smile: I got mine on the 11th of December.
Original post by _Izzy
Thank you :smile: I got mine on the 11th of December.

I've heard they're going to give out a batch of offers next week, hope to God that I'm one of those :frown: Have you chosen a college?
Reply 24
I've heard they're going to give out a batch of offers next week, hope to God that I'm one of those :frown: Have you chosen a college?

Ooh lots of luck! Hope you get one too :smile: Try not to worry if not though, there's still plenty of time.

I applied to University college but don't know if I've got a place there yet. In the email I received after my offer they said that they will start releasing college allocations in batches from the 22nd January. I doubt I'll get into University college but I suppose it's always worth a try! Did you pick a college?
Original post by _Izzy
Ooh lots of luck! Hope you get one too :smile: Try not to worry if not though, there's still plenty of time.

I applied to University college but don't know if I've got a place there yet. In the email I received after my offer they said that they will start releasing college allocations in batches from the 22nd January. I doubt I'll get into University college but I suppose it's always worth a try! Did you pick a college?

Thank you :smile:
It seems a lot of people are applying there but I'm sure if you did get in it would be an amazing experience, especially if you got to stay in the castle. At the open days I didn't bother visiting any of the bailey colleges and I don't want to be very far away from the department of Psychology. I thought Grey was nice enough for what I look for in a college and very close to Psychology which is a win-win situation :smile:
Reply 26
Thank you :smile:
It seems a lot of people are applying there but I'm sure if you did get in it would be an amazing experience, especially if you got to stay in the castle. At the open days I didn't bother visiting any of the bailey colleges and I don't want to be very far away from the department of Psychology. I thought Grey was nice enough for what I look for in a college and very close to Psychology which is a win-win situation :smile:

Yes, I think it's the most popular college, so I'm not really expecting to get in. I don't think I'll mind very much if I don't though as I really like pretty much all of the colleges but it would be amazing to go there. Haha yes, the Bailey colleges are quite a walk from the department! Grey is a great choice! :smile: A family friend goes there and loves it.
Original post by _Izzy
Yes, I think it's the most popular college, so I'm not really expecting to get in. I don't think I'll mind very much if I don't though as I really like pretty much all of the colleges but it would be amazing to go there. Haha yes, the Bailey colleges are quite a walk from the department! Grey is a great choice! :smile: A family friend goes there and loves it.

Yeah, well, Van Mildert, my dad said there's no way in hell he'd have me apply there :P It's just, not my cup of tea at all. I never knew rooms as small as that could exist for bedrooms, maybe for a wardrobe or cupboard but they were tiny!
Reply 28
Original post by _Izzy

congratulations on your offer! i envy you :tongue: do you mind me asking what your offer grades were? (and what you're predicted)?
Reply 29
Original post by laauurraa
congratulations on your offer! i envy you :tongue: do you mind me asking what your offer grades were? (and what you're predicted)?

Thank you so much :smile: Hope you get yours soon.
Sure. Offer is AAA (conditional) and my predicted grades are A*AAa (EPQ)
Original post by _Izzy
Thank you so much :smile: Hope you get yours soon.
Sure. Offer is AAA (conditional) and my predicted grades are A*AAa (EPQ)

I'm starting to worry that I wasn't predicted any A*s. I don't know how it can be, I've got As in every single exam done to date, but I put the modules down on my form so lets hope they see that I'm capable. I got 100% in one of my exams :frown: my college hates me clearly.
Reply 31
I'm starting to worry that I wasn't predicted any A*s. I don't know how it can be, I've got As in every single exam done to date, but I put the modules down on my form so lets hope they see that I'm capable. I got 100% in one of my exams :frown: my college hates me clearly.

Oh try not to worry! I'm sure they'll see how great you are from your module results. 100%! That's amazing :smile: Predictions are such a tricky thing so I'm sure they will look at what you've actually got just as much, as well. Honestly, try not to worry. An A* isn't needed by Durham anyway.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by _Izzy
Oh try not to worry! I'm sure they'll see how great you are from your module results. 100%! That's amazing :smile: Predictions are such a tricky thing so I'm sure they will look at what you've actually got just as much, as well. Honestly, try not to worry. An A* isn't needed by Durham anyway.

Thank you :smile: you're so reassuring. I'm excited and worried, odd mixture. True, very true. I just think having them take so long to reply when they are your first choice university is daunting. I keep picturing my life there at university and it's pretty much perfect :rolleyes:
Reply 33
Thank you :smile: you're so reassuring. I'm excited and worried, odd mixture. True, very true. I just think having them take so long to reply when they are your first choice university is daunting. I keep picturing my life there at university and it's pretty much perfect :rolleyes:

No problem :smile: I think I know what you mean. Yes, of course, try not to worry though. All I did was constantly check my emails, but the offers always came when I least expected it, so try not to let it take over, especially as you've probably got other things to focus on - exams I presume. Yes, it's so great there! I really hope you hear from them soon, but try not to worry if not, Durham often gives offers quite late from what I've heard, and there's still a long time. Lots of luck :smile:
I've applied for Psychology at Durham, my application did only go on friday though. I'm quite sure I won't actually get an offer, as I'm predicted 4 distinctions rather than 5 which were their requirements (I'm the youngest 'mature student' in my college) but I have already exceeded expectations for one of them, so I'm crossing my fingers. I applied for St Chads college.
Original post by S_Adriaan
I've applied for Psychology at Durham, my application did only go on friday though. I'm quite sure I won't actually get an offer, as I'm predicted 4 distinctions rather than 5 which were their requirements (I'm the youngest 'mature student' in my college) but I have already exceeded expectations for one of them, so I'm crossing my fingers. I applied for St Chads college.

It may be a long wait then or not, you never know really, but good luck! :biggrin:
What are you doing in terms of qualifications?
Reply 36

I wasn't predicted any A*s either! (Well the IB equivalent anyway.) I really wouldn't worry about it, there's nothing you can do about it now so just focus on how you can do well in the actual exams :smile: Your college won't hate you haha don't worry!
Original post by hlangshaw1
I wasn't predicted any A*s either! (Well the IB equivalent anyway.) I really wouldn't worry about it, there's nothing you can do about it now so just focus on how you can do well in the actual exams :smile: Your college won't hate you haha don't worry!

Well I have exams this week, first one on Wednesday morning. It would of been nice to have a Durham offer for some more motivation mind you :wink: But by the way the snow is looking where I live I may be snowed in before I can take any exams D:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
Well I have exams this week, first one on Wednesday morning. It would of been nice to have a Durham offer for some more motivation mind you :wink: But by the way the snow is looking where I live I may be snowed in before I can take any exams D:

Hope they go well! I know what you mean but we just have to hold on hope really. You've got other offers right? Try and be motivated by them too haha :smile: ooh well I'm sure your school/college has measures to take if that were to happen
It may be a long wait then or not, you never know really, but good luck! :biggrin:
What are you doing in terms of qualifications?

I'm doing HEFC at gateshead college, I'm 19 in April and when I spoke to colleges in Sunderland I was told I wouldn't be able to do A levels, but I found out later I could have, but Im happy with my course and get along well with the people. we get a grade for each unit and we have two units for each subject, I'm predicted 4 distinctions and 2 merits but I've already upped one of those to another distinction (I'd have to get a pass for the exam to lower it) and its the prediction I think will hold back for Durham.
I've not been told how adjustment works or anything should I do better than my predictions though, so I guess I'll just have to see what happens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending