The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sgt
Hello fellow pooled lawyer. It says on the general info about the pool, re-interviewed people will hear from 13th onwards.

Good Luck!

Out of interest, which College were you interviewed by?

Mag. Thanks! How about you? Where were you pooled from? :smile:
Original post by _Georgie
Be patient! :tongue:
I had my interview the same day as you, which college were you fished by again?
I'm concentrating on my exams now, starting with physics on Wednesday. I think that exam is gonna creep up on me way too quickly so I'm hoping a final decision (though by this point it doesn't feel like a final decision is even possible!) will do the same.

I seriously can't! Well I can, because I guess I have to be :frown:

Gonville and Caius, you're Girton right? Yeah same! AQA right? Just about to start a past paper now...

How do you think your reinterview went?
Original post by jqian
Finally got my rejection letter through the post from Robinson.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi fiveee! And I'm surprised to say that I feel completely happy with it :smile:
Reply 4863
Original post by nicolettuce
Hi fiveee! And I'm surprised to say that I feel completely happy with it :smile:

Haha, I already managed to mentally prepare myself over the last few days so it doesn't feel that bad. What's your second choice uni then?
I just got fished by Robinson! (pooled by them as well) for Phys nat sci!!!

Got a letter this morning, dated 10th
Reply 4865
Original post by jqian
Finally got my rejection letter through the post from Robinson.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Commiserations :frown: Hope you don't mind me asking but did you receive yours today and when was the letter dated?
Reply 4866
Original post by savethegoldfish

Excellent news - congratulations :biggrin:
Original post by Silverland
I know :wink:

are you still swimming yourself btw?

Haha, and yeah mate still paddling along, phys natsci from selwyn..what about yourself??
Original post by Minerva
Excellent news - congratulations :biggrin:

Thanks, now to focus on exams.:rolleyes:

Congrats :')
Original post by Mystic Creature
Haha, and yeah mate still paddling along, phys natsci from selwyn..what about yourself??

Drowned and upstream to Durham :V
Reply 4870
Original post by Question Mark
if offers come they will be from the interview process running now or delayed communications from colleges on decisions made ladt weekend.

international students may be those that are impacted most by the delayed communications.

to build unrealistic hopes is not honest but good for business.
Well, most of them will be certainly - but I thought the conversation we were having was not about this group. Either way, this morning we have had our first news of an offer for some time, and I don't think the recipient cares much how that happened, just is glad that it did.

As for 'good for business' - I really don't know what you're on about. If the idea of hope - whether realistic or not - disturbs you, then may I suggest that you unsubscribe from this thread and leave the rest of us to it?

Congrats :smile: You, my friend, have just given me some hope :redface:

Original post by Silverland
Congrats :')

Drowned and upstream to Durham :V

Ah sorry to hear that, well your contribution to this thread has been great, and I'm sure you'll have a bloody awesome time up there!
Original post by Mystic Creature

Ah sorry to hear that, well your contribution to this thread has been great, and I'm sure you'll have a bloody awesome time up there!

Thanks. I appreciate it~
Reply 4873

Did they contact you at all?

BTW guys, do they send rejection letters first class? Or if it's delayed like 1, 2 days it's definitely rejection letter? I know we have this exception here but still....
Original post by Minerva
Well, most of them will be certainly - but I thought the conversation we were having was not about this group. Either way, this morning we have had our first news of an offer for some time, and I don't think the recipient cares much how that happened, just is glad that it did.

As for 'good for business' - I really don't know what you're on about. If the idea of hope - whether realistic or not - disturbs you, then may I suggest that you unsubscribe from this thread and leave the rest of us to it?

hope does not. misleading people does annoy me. As fsr as I am concerned I would rather be told as it is and I can deal with it.

we have an offer today ..... how many have we had on Thursday or Friday? How msny people have had hope because of your comments only to be dashed?

My suggestion to you is stop trying to be mum and simply present the facts.

why should I unscribe from this thread because I disagree with you? what gives you that power. or is this a businesses where the number of clicks and comments results in revenue snd yoy have to sell hope for the good of this business.

ban me if you want and delete my threads if you need to stop people having free speech.

Congratulations!!

Original post by jqian
Haha, I already managed to mentally prepare myself over the last few days so it doesn't feel that bad. What's your second choice uni then?

Yeah, I was feeling pretty low yesterday and I think that got it out of my system. Imperial College, what about you? (the offer is silly though, A*AAAA...not impressed)
Reply 4876
Original post by Shirleybear
@Minerva

I am an international fish who applied Land economy for Clare college, but I still didn't receive any result up to now.
I learnt that decision is already made last week and Clare college would send email back to applicant to inform the rejection or give out the direct offer.
Therefore, I wonder why I am still in this status? if there are still any other fish from Clare still remained in the pool?
You should email Clare direct and let them know you have not received your initial decision letter. As it's been a week now, I would hope that they'll email it to you on Monday (they won't be there now).

If the decision was that you were pooled, as an international you won't have missed an interview invitation, so don't worry on that score.
Reply 4877
Original post by _Georgie
Yeah, or if they're a bit slow they'll send it tues so we'll get it on weds. The day of my physics exam, great!
From Pembroke :smile:

Oh yh knowing them they will be slow!...n awh that sucks! Im lucky i dont have any jan mods this year but then the pressure is gonna be so high in june, esp with STEP papers too :/ what uni r u thinking of going to if u dont get an offer from cam!
Fished this morning by post. Unconditional offer for English, at Wolfson College. Would require another gap year to wait until Im 21, but another gap year hardly seems like a bad fate :smile: Thanks to all, especially Minerva for the help and support on this thread.
Reply 4879

Omg congratz!! This has given me a little hope... :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending