The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Blackburn just had a penalty but I think the ref was conned into giving it there, they lead 1-0 against Wolves.
Original post by billyblademan
The joys of a lower league football fan. There was a debate on the Blades forum this week about Premier League V lower league. Obviously, we all want our teams to get promotion, but visiting proper grounds such as Oldham etc. is what footballs about surely!! The real football experience!

That's a decent trek for you mate. Enjoy yoursen, although hopefully the Bees will come back empty handed, as you're catching us up quite rapidly!

Yeah, for us we'd definitely rather have a season doing the grounds from the top two divisions! We've been down here too long and I'm sick of playing Oldham almost every single season. It's freezing, by far the coldest stadium I've ever been to, and there isn't an atmosphere. There's 'proper' stadiums out there that are also nice to visit but Oldham ain't one of them! That said, I did Shrewsbury and Colchester away over Christmas and those are terrible - pop-up stadiums in the middle of absolutely nowhere. The Weston Homes Community Stadium isn't even in Colchester.

I've got Carlisle, Crewe and you away yet to come this season and I might be able to fit in Yeovil too. Excited about Bramall Lane, it'll be my first trip.
(edited 11 years ago)
Bristol City are getting absolutely sodomised.
4-0 at Brizzle City, Middlesbrough and Palace losing - up to third on goal difference, and best goal difference in the league by 6.
Reply 7724
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
4-0 at Brizzle City, Middlesbrough and Palace losing - up to third on goal difference, and best goal difference in the league by 6.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cardiff drew as well :smile: All we need now for a pretty much perfect weekend is for Hull to drop points tomorrow... :smile:
Original post by Xenite
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cardiff drew as well :smile: All we need now for a pretty much perfect weekend is for Hull to drop points tomorrow... :smile:

Tonight. Kicks off in about quarter of an hour.

Pretty pleased with Chris Wood - on a goal every half hour for city at the moment (league - obviously cup goals don't count...) - only 1 striker I can think of with a better record: Harry Panyantanou (or however you spell his name).
Hoping for a Hull slip up too (v Wednesday) can't see it happening though :frown:
Reply 7727
Tonight. Kicks off in about quarter of an hour.

Pretty pleased with Chris Wood - on a goal every half hour for city at the moment (league - obviously cup goals don't count...) - only 1 striker I can think of with a better record: Harry Panyantanou (or however you spell his name).

Ah, 'course. Don't know why I thought it was a Sunday match.. :colondollar:

Cup goals don't count, eh? Are you on FoxesTalk as well then? :P

Edit: Just seen Wednesday are winning. Nice one :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Started amazingly well; scored one and had chances for another.
Original post by Xenite
Ah, 'course. Don't know why I thought it was a Sunday match.. :colondollar:

Cup goals don't count, eh? Are you on FoxesTalk as well then? :P

Edit: Just seen Wednesday are winning. Nice one :biggrin:

Indeed I am. I'm guessing you're Xen? I know Father Ted and Fox92 are knocking around on here as well.

Sweet - so that's 2 points off the autos, with a far superior goal difference to the rest of the league. At 10 points Cardiff might be a bit far gone though...
Fans of Leicester, Crystal Palace & Middlesbrough: you have us to thank :tongue:

Seriously though, by far and away our best result of the season; to concede after 83 and then go on and score two more and save a Hull penalty is just awesome.

Staying up tonight to see Football League show for sure :smile:
Original post by Tactical Nuclear Penguin
Fans of Leicester, Crystal Palace & Middlesbrough: you have us to thank :tongue:

Seriously though, by far and away our best result of the season; to concede after 83 and then go on and score two more and save a Hull penalty is just awesome.

Staying up tonight to see Football League show for sure :smile:

Aye, just seen the score-line. 14 minutes of injury time?

Still, I hope Wednesday stay up, do like Sheffield as an away destination.
Aye, just seen the score-line. 14 minutes of injury time?

Still, I hope Wednesday stay up, do like Sheffield as an away destination.

Their keeper was injured after he let our second in. Needed several minutes of treatment and stretchering off.
Poor result for MK today (1-1 draw with Bury) after an atrocious 2nd half performance. :frown:
Reply 7734
I have no idea how we're top of the championship, we've been playing dire football all season. In desperate need of a striker or we'll soon dip in form, and do the classic Cardiff bottle job. Maynards back in training though

As for Wood, what a signing he's proving to be for Leicester, 6 in 3?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If Peterborough don't go down I'll be shocked. Probably the worst side I've seen this season. Didn't create anything at all. The score line flattered them really. Their goal was a scruffy scramble in the box from a corner, and Majewski blazed 2 easy chances over the bar, and numerous other chances were wasted.

First win under McLeish, hopefully we'll see a 2nd next week.

I'd love to beat Derby 1-0 with 10 men. Maybe then our club shop will make We only had 10 men t shirts, and our fans will be able to do #1-0 #1inarow.

If they're lucky, we might even scrape a few pennies together and send a plane over their ground for such a magnificent win!

Derby+Banner.png
Decent result for Scunny today, meaning now we're out of the relegation places. Was hoping for a better win against the team that had lost their last 8 games, but I can complain with 3 points considering our position.

Up The Iron!
Seen the highlights of Hull v Wednesday. Giles Coke's goal should have stood. Fully deserved win, lets just hope we can keep this up.
Original post by Baines3
If Peterborough don't go down I'll be shocked. Probably the worst side I've seen this season. Didn't create anything at all. The score line flattered them really. Their goal was a scruffy scramble in the box from a corner, and Majewski blazed 2 easy chances over the bar, and numerous other chances were wasted.

First win under McLeish, hopefully we'll see a 2nd next week.

I'd love to beat Derby 1-0 with 10 men. Maybe then our club shop will make We only had 10 men t shirts, and our fans will be able to do #1-0 #1inarow.

If they're lucky, we might even scrape a few pennies together and send a plane over their ground for such a magnificent win!

Derby+Banner.png

Keep fishing mate. It's going to be 4 in a row and you know it. :rolleyes:
Shock defeat for Leeds today against Barnsley,meanwhile Bristol City's manager is sacked hours after his team lost 4-0

Latest