The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bíborcsiga
Oh, god, now I'm worried she's going to be a hateful genius. :tongue: (No, not really. :wink:)

Yeah, I think like three Maths people got in, but as it's technically the year below me, and the Maths classes were never very sociable, I don't really know them. One girl got in for PhysNatSci, though, and she's lovely. :smile: Also, today I went back to my school and accidentally bumped into someone from my year who's already at Cambridge doing (surprise!) Maths, and we had a nice chat. :smile: He didn't know where Newnham was actually located and freaked out when he realised it was in fact 'across the river', haha. I guess this is what one term at Cambridge does to you, you start to think of a 10-minute walk as the longest journey possible. :biggrin:

Is there the two of you from your school with this linguist friend, or are there others? :smile:

A genius? Aha no, she's very blonde. :tongue:

Ah right OK! :smile: Well that's good, you'll know a few people before you go then. Aha yeah, it will be so different at Cambridge. Currently, it takes me over an hour to get to school so it will be such bliss to just have a 15 minute walk to lectures. Though, I'm sure that will be considered a fair walk at Cambridge. XD

But no actually, my Linguistics friend doesn't go to my school. :smile: But I have two really close friends that got in from my school also. :biggrin: They going to read MML and HSPS. And also, hopefully, my other close friend will get an offer also. She just had a second interview at Pembroke yesterday, for History.
It's really quite strange that everyone who got an offer from Cambridge are from my friendship group. I think there's a common denominator in this, me. :wink:
Original post by Hol123
Oh really? so just the extra people can take it haha! Oh right, my UCL offer is AAA but I'm not interested to go down to london for a open day so not sure yet! other uni's are bristol & manchester and bath hasnt replied yet. wbu? and my college is Homerton :smile:

Oh really? That would be amazing to have Cambridge as a firm and UCL as an insurance!! Literally, the two best universities for Psychology. XD I would be very tempted (although it's slightly risky) to do that if I was in your position. :smile: Do you not like London much?
My other universities were Bristol, Exeter and Sussex. Sussex will most likely be my insurance as it's the only one that asks for AAB.

Ah right of course!! You said that. :tongue:
Reply 1102
Original post by T.Aria
Any chemical engineers via natural sciences??

Yea, Churchill :smile: what college? :smile:
Received an offer from Clare's for Medicine - A*AA !!
Any fellow medics out there? :P
Original post by Carnifexist
Received an offer from Clare's for Medicine - A*AA !!
Any fellow medics out there? :P

Congratulations!
I've also got an offer for Medicine at Clare as well =)
Whoo! Can now officially join this thread after being picked out of the pool to study history at Fitzwilliam! :smile:
Original post by Yashmeee
Anyone got an offer for Engineering at Jesus? :smile:

Hey, I just got my offer letter from Jesus for Engineering in 2014!!! They asked for A*AAA in further maths, maths, physics and chemistry :smile:
Is it common for them to defer engineering applicants?
Reply 1107
Original post by king12345
Helloooo

I have an offer for AMES (Japanese) for Queens' college! Anyone else doing AMES/ Got an offer for Queens?

I have an offer for queens'!! But for Medicine :smile:
Original post by gabriejike
No, I meant to the course :smile:
where are you applying from?

hahah, i'm looking forward to it too :biggrin:

I live in Surrey if thats what you were asking, but i don't fullfill the stereotype :P What about you?
Original post by T.Aria
Any chemical engineers via natural sciences??

Yup. Emma yourself?
Original post by TheHaylio
hahah, i'm looking forward to it too :biggrin:

I live in Surrey if thats what you were asking, but i don't fullfill the stereotype :P What about you?

I wouldn't know what the stereotype would be as I don't live in the UK, I'm based in Dubai. First time I was in the UK was for my interview :tongue:
I wouldn't know what the stereotype would be as I don't live in the UK, I'm based in Dubai. First time I was in the UK was for my interview :tongue:

Oh wow haha! Dubai! Thats crazy!
Were you born there?
Reply 1112
Original post by belgianboy
Hey, I just got my offer letter from Jesus for Engineering in 2014!!! They asked for A*AAA in further maths, maths, physics and chemistry :smile:
Is it common for them to defer engineering applicants?

Hey! I am going in 2013 - did they defer you or did you apply for deferred entry? My offer is A* Maths, A* Physics, A French and A in AS Further Maths :smile:
Oh wow haha! Dubai! Thats crazy!
Were you born there?

Nope, moved here last year
Nope, moved here last year

Oh right :smile:

Where did you live before?
Oh right :smile:

Where did you live before?

Uganda, and before that Italy and before that Nigeria :biggrin:
Reply 1116
Uganda, and before that Italy and before that Nigeria :biggrin:

Is your father a diplomat? :wink:
Original post by Pandin
Is your father a diplomat? :wink:

sort of
I heard in Nigeria you pay hard cash to become a member of parliament. Made me question whether I should to there to.
Original post by Heloise with an H
Hey! Any fellow linguistics people out there, especially those with an offer from Christ's?

Hi, I'm Linguistics, though for Newnham, not Christ's. :hello:

Latest

Trending

Trending