The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Current Students in University Houses - Some Advice For a Sep 2013 Starter Please?

Hello everyone,

So I have a deferred entry place for September 2013 and I was looking at the university owned houses as my choice of accommodation. I've seen that you can't choose what house you are allocated or even whether you're allocated halls/house however I was going to ask them if they could record my preferences. Ideally I would love to have an en-suite room just because I'm a bit OCD when it comes to having a clean bathroom.

I would really appreciate it if any current students living in the university owned houses could give me some advice about them. I'm mainly worried about the social aspect and the location of the houses. I was looking at Westminster Road and Spencer Road.

Thank you x
Reply 1
You could certainly ask, but I'm not sure if you can guarantee it. Having a note from a doctor about OCD would probably help your chances if it is an actual condition for you.

May I ask why you're looking at the university houses? I have heard that they're fine, but they are a bit out of the way. There is a new block of student halls opening in September 2013 by Victoria Halls. It's about the same price as Singer Halls and they offer an en-suite. They're taking bookings at the moment, so that's another possibility. I know that Trinity/Raglan/Callice are a bit pricey.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
I have just got a place in victoria halls ensuite and they look amazing and it works out much better vue for money than uni halls xx
Reply 3
Thanks guys, I'll have a look at the victoria halls :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by jodie1993
Thanks guys, I'll have a look at the victoria halls :smile:

Hi
I am currently at coventry and made a request last year when applying for accommodation but didn't get it. I was hoping to get ensuite but ended up with shared bathroom. I will be a 2nd year in Sept and am thinking of applying for Victoria Halls as they look lovely and en-suite would be great.
Original post by lou_d93
Hi
I am currently at coventry and made a request last year when applying for accommodation but didn't get it. I was hoping to get ensuite but ended up with shared bathroom. I will be a 2nd year in Sept and am thinking of applying for Victoria Halls as they look lovely and en-suite would be great.

I start in September and I got given Coundon Road from the university owned houses even though I kinda wanted somewhere with an en-suite. What was it like living with a shared bathroom and how many people did you share with? I wish I'd known about Victoria Hall as I'd love to stay in one of their flats. Like yourself that could be an option to look at for my second year :-)

Quick Reply

Latest