The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ipoop
I'm sure. :colonhash:

They actually were :grumble: I got 2 warning points because my previous sig was too big :emo:
Original post by ranbow99
They actually were :grumble: I got 2 warning points because my previous sig was too big :emo:

Mine's pretty big but it's in a spoiler, is there a limit on how big it can be even in a spoiler?
Reply 2002
I'm never changing mine, no way no how.
Original post by RainbowWithAnI
Mine's pretty big but it's in a spoiler, is there a limit on how big it can be even in a spoiler?

"Please make sure it is no more than 500px high, and 700px wide."
^taught me a couple new things today :h:
Original post by RainbowWithAnI
16 pos rep on one post, never had so much on one post in all my life :daydreaming: :woo:

edit: 18 :eek: what's going on?

What post is zis?

Original post by ipoop
A male can never be a feminist, you are either a blieral douche that thinks women are the same as men :rolleyes:or you are a white knight, an even bigger douche. :pierre:

:lolwut:

Whoah, you've completely misunderstood what feminist means. Some of the most important feminists in history are male.

Apparently, I have warning points. When did this happen :sad:
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
What post is zis?

Whoah, you've completely misunderstood what feminist means. Some of the most important feminists in history are male.

There are actually some radical feminists who believe men cannot be feminists at all. Also, with the existence of such movements within the feminist movement such as Political Lesbianism (I know it is somewhat outdated and belongs to the second wave of feminism), one could be inclined to thinking that feminism promotes misandry :yep:
Original post by The Epicurean
There are actually some radical feminists who believe men cannot be feminists at all. Also, with the existence of such movements within the feminist movement such as Political Lesbianism (I know it is somewhat outdated and belongs to the second wave of feminism), one could be inclined to thinking that feminism promotes misandry :yep:

Splinters of the term don't change the term, they're just people who in my opinion deserve to be lined up and... well. Let's just say they're worse than the people they argue against.
Reply 2008
What post is zis?

/Sacacasm. :colonhash:
Splinters of the term don't change the term, they're just people who in my opinion deserve to be lined up and... well. Let's just say they're worse than the people they argue against.

But they don't help the case.

Plus I personally have a problem with the word feminism itself as it is just as gender based as many of the terms it criticises such as policeman, fireman, history etc... Why not use a more inclusive term like anti-sexism or gender rights activism or some term similar to that? :beard:
Original post by ipoop
x

I haz another question for you, poopy. :yes:

Do you think in your head in English or in French? :pierre:
Reply 2011
Original post by The Epicurean
But they don't help the case.

Plus I personally have a problem with the word feminism itself as it is just as gender based as many of the terms it criticises such as policeman, fireman, history etc... Why not use a more inclusive term like anti-sexism or gender rights activism or some term similar to that? :beard:

Well, when feminism came about, discrimination against men was unheard of, so anti-sexism or whatever instead of feminist (something related to females) would not have made sense imo. I do agree though that most of these terms should now be defunct. Policeperson, fireperson(?)
Reply 2012
Original post by boumavilla
I haz another question for you, poopy. :yes:

Do you think in your head in English or in French? :pierre:

English, most of the time. 9/10 times, even when I'm thinking of France. :emo: Most of my dreams are in English as well. You kind of are reminding me of that poem from The Poetry Anthology about the mother tongue. :moon:
Original post by ipoop
English, most of the time. 9/10 times, even when I'm thinking of France. :emo: Most of my dreams are in English as well. You kind of are reminding me of that poem from The Poetry Anthology about the mother tongue. :moon:

Omg, wow, that's so interesting :teeth:

So did it like, slowly turn into English over the years?

When I was doing my GCSE languages, I began to think in French and Spanish occasionally, but not so often now. I miss it so... :emo:
Reply 2014
Omg, wow, that's so interesting :teeth:

So did it like, slowly turn into English over the years?

When I was doing my GCSE languages, I began to think in French and Spanish occasionally, but not so often now. I miss it so... :emo:

TBH I can't remember how or when it happened, but it did. :dontknow: English is pretty much my first language now. :sigh:
Original post by ipoop
Well, when feminism came about, discrimination against men was unheard of, so anti-sexism or whatever instead of feminist (something related to females) would not have made sense imo. I do agree though that most of these terms should now be defunct. Policeperson, fireperson(?)

Quite true. But I believe if feminism wishes to continue in the 21st century western world, then it is in need of a name change :yep: Firstly, a lot of men feel excluded by the term feminism and secondly feminism was created at a time when women were clearly at a great disadvantage. However I feel a new term is needed to take into account new problems in our society that include issues effecting men as well. Most prisoners are male, males underperforming at all levels of education compared to females, paternity leave is not equal to maternity leave and a whole host of other issues :yep:

Also there is an interesting village in India where the gender lines are the opposite way around and women rule society and men are discriminated against >_>
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16592633
I'm having fun using my subscription to neg members that negged me! :teehee:

Original post by ipoop
TBH I can't remember how or when it happened, but it did. :dontknow: English is pretty much my first language now. :sigh:

Aww that's really sad :unsure:
Get using it again! :beer:
Reply 2017
I'm having fun using my subscription to neg members that negged me! :teehee:

I haven't revenge negged anyone. :mmm: Apart from TH. :mmm: The polar dude negged me, so I negged TH. :mmm:

Aww that's really sad :unsure:
Get using it again! :beer:

Meh, my French will never be as good as my English no matter how many books I borrow from the library, as long as I live here. It's alright, I speak three international languages, I have no ground to complain.
btw guys, how long does it take between receiving rep and it upping your rep count? Cause I've overall been repped well over 30 times and I've only gone up by 30 points so far...

Latest