The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qasidb
I doubt it's legit bearing in mind the photo looks like it's been taken on the floor of someone's house.

Stolen prototype? :holmes:

Remember this standing over free kicks :moon:

Probably my favourite kit of recent years.
Reply 522
Original post by qasidb
We're looking at the much cheaper Zaha though. Apparently we'll have to pay £15 million plus add-ons and then allow him to stay at Palace until the end of the season if we want to get him.

15mil is such a huge gamble though...

for an untested young player.. - who could reach any level of hieghts, world class.. or average..
Reply 524
Better off paying the money for Bale than getting Zaha. He just looks like another standard young, fast, English winger. They are easily found and never seem to do anything last the age of ~22. It's why I'm still wary of Sterling and the amount of hype he gets.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Mess.
Better off paying the money for Bale than getting Zaha. He just looks like another standard young, fast, English winger. They are easily found and never seem to do anything last the age of ~22. It's why I'm still wary of Sterling and the amount of hype he gets.

Is he a technical player (like the ox) or is he just a speedy guy who can dribble?
Original post by Mess.

I agree...

If united can afford it.. - madrid aparently are going to offer 55m...

if united could plump the same £55m... Im pretty sure that would be bales perefernce, rather than leave the UK

they would get a guarenteed in form player.. - proven in the premiership, only 23 - with probably another 7 years, of getting better.. more mature.. more skillfull etc.. - or even if he just stays the same, thats pretty good..

he doesnt have alot of injury worries.. seems to just live with so much confidence.. etc..

To me, he seems like a wise investment.. - alot of money, averaged out, considering how much time youl have with him... - it seems like a better investment.. then 15m for someone who you have no idea whether they will be any good when they arrive, let alone in 2-5 years...

+ just thinking of an atacking line up with midfield/attacking line up of: RVP, Bale, Rooney, Kagawa, Valencia (if he gets back to form)

it would buy them the league for another 2-3 years...
Reply 527

I don't get it. Is there something interesting in this image I can't see?
Reply 528
Original post by jam277
Is he a technical player (like the ox) or is he just a speedy guy who can dribble?

Reminds me more of the second. He might be one a really good player but he just seems like a generically overrated winger to me :dontknow:

Reply 529
As a former Barça fan I am predicting a 3-0 loss for Real Madrid next month. They are in **** form, hit them hard. Thanks.
Original post by Air1337
As a former Barça fan I am predicting a 3-0 loss for Real Madrid next month. They are in **** form, hit them hard. Thanks.

Why former? :holmes:
Original post by Mess.
I agree with the sentiment on Zaha. I feel he is a bit overhyped, I guess its up to the scouts to separate hype from potential. I think Bale is a bit out of our reach, not just financially. I honestly think he thinks he's bigger than United. I think he's waiting for that Madrid or Barca move. Barca is seemingly off the cards, with Jordi Alba's arrival, I imagine that''s where he would play. I would think he's looking at a move to Madrid for huge money. For the £50m he will cost, I think we could spend that more wisely, their are few players £50m won't shift.
Original post by DH1'
He's pointing to the No. 19 after the final whistle at Anfield. Do you not know the significance of that number?

They'll be pointing to van persie at the end of this season.
Reply 533
Original post by DH1'
He's pointing to the No. 19 after the final whistle at Anfield. Do you not know the significance of that number?

Nope. Google hasn't helped me either.

EDIT: Oh right, it just clicked. 19 titles. :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 534
Zaha has denied the tweet.

Wilfried Zaha ‏@wilfriedzaha
I don't know remember tweeting no such thing so I don't know where the tweet came from #Confused
Original post by Mess.
Reminds me more of the second. He might be one a really good player but he just seems like a generically overrated winger to me :dontknow:

Tbh when I saw him vs united he didn't look so impressive, I guess he's ripping up the championship. But tbh I think he's not going to be a big player. I want to see him in another england friendly though before making a judgement. I could see from chamberlain from the football league show that he could go right up there(17 year old english versatile forwards with technique on both feet are hard to find) but I haven't watched it much this season(don't have a football league team to support since west ham and southampton are in the prem now) so can't talk about it now.
Reply 536
Rafael (apart from Sturridge goal) did great. Vidic + Rio dealt with everything they had to deal with, only real Liverpool chances were fullbacks 'fault' imo. Evra also did very well, two assists!, and did very well defensively too imo.

Carrick had a fantastic game, my motm.

Welbeck was really really good, until he had any chance to score or get an assist. Put so much pressure on Liverpool, won the ball so many times, really kept them at bay, but is just wasteful in front of goal.

Kagawa shifted to the left, lots of great touches and did nothing wrong, a good stable performance rather than one that had much impact. but you can see he isn't settled in that position.

Should have had a pen but no other controversy and a Liverpool win, i'll take that!.

Hope Arsenal can get some points now.
10 points clear, Van Persie has 17 in the league, the awful referee couldn't stop us, United march on!
Reply 538
Original post by SciFiRory
10 points clear, Van Persie has 17 in the league, the awful referee couldn't stop us, United march on!

It rarely ever does. We get a ridiculous number of desicions against us but we're good enough to make sure they don't count.

Sweet win tbh. Just annoyed we didn't score a few more goals.
Reply 539
Honestly hope we sell Welbeck, he's a striker who can't do his job.

Latest