The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5040
Original post by josephtsui
Thanks Minerva. It's just that my general interview went quite well and at the end one of the interviewers said that they would give me an offer if possible, but my performance in the interview with the DOS was only average, so I kind of hoped that the interviewer who said that they are going to give me an offer is the person who make the final call. Anyway, thanks. Oh and why is it this time next week? I thought it says in the general info that pool interviewees will start getting decisions on the 13th.
Well, that sounds promising, certainly. Your view of what's average and the DoS's may be different, so try not to worry about it.

On the timing of news, I said 'by' not 'at' the end of the week. It's possible that people will hear something today, though I don't think it's likely. I can't remember the detail of what happened last year, and haven't time to trawl through the thread to remind myself, but the first half of the coming week is when I'd be expecting to see updates, from the successful people particularly.
Original post by Minerva
Well, that sounds promising, certainly. Your view of what's average and the DoS's may be different, so try not to worry about it.

On the timing of news, I said 'by' not 'at' the end of the week. It's possible that people will hear something today, though I don't think it's likely. I can't remember the detail of what happened last year, and haven't time to trawl through the thread to remind myself, but the first half of the coming week is when I'd be expecting to see updates, from the successful people particularly.

Well one of the other interviews went terribly, so, I'm not sure. Thanks anyway.
Reply 5042
Original post by Minerva
Yes.

Not necessarily. Successful interview candidates usually hear by the end of the coming week*, and it varies as to what method of communication is used. Telephoning does seem to be less usual generally than it was a few years ago.

*Though it may be different for the medics because of the moderation meeting.

How does my situation change considering that I was not asked back for re-interview?
Original post by silver*linings
Thank you very much everyone, I'll definitely look at applying to some other places before Tuesday. Great advice :smile:

I second Minerva's recommendation - I would definitely look at Durham. Amazing university (and very well respected), which offers huge flexibility in what you study. Plus I hear Durham is really pretty with friendly people. All in all, it comes highly recommended :smile:
Reply 5044
Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•
Ahhhh I get you now... Yeah I wasn't as smooth as i'd have liked, but it's just a completely different situation in an interview...! When do you think we'll hear by?

And no I haven't actually seen it live, but I've seen quite a lot of the 25th anniversary clips on youtube

You were right about discussing interviews, apparently they're not over yet.
5 warning points *high five*
Original post by Minerva

I did look through last years thread on behalf of my son who is sensibly focusing more on revision for 2 exams this week.

I posted more fully a few days ago, but basically last year on TSR a few offers came in on Tues, with more by letter arriving Weds and a slow trailing of offers thereafter as the emphasis unfortunately shifted to rejections as files returned to the original college and they finally gave closure to those still swimming.

Hope that helps - though as Minerva says the offers' arrivals were spread out not all on the same day or method ie email/post.
Hi everyone,

I'm an engineering fish; pooled by Jesus then fished and reinterviewed by Murray Edwards. No news yet so the wait continues...:yawn:.

Just wanted to say that on the subject of getting in touch on a Sunday, I was originally contacted by ME last week, so it can happen. (Or maybe that was just the initial post-pool frenzy...)

Good luck to everyone!
Reply 5047
Original post by john414
How does my situation change considering that I was not asked back for re-interview?
The likelihood is that you will have had definite news by the end of the week, so much the same, really.

Original post by Littlefoot
Hi everyone,

I'm an engineering fish; pooled by Jesus then fished and reinterviewed by Murray Edwards. No news yet so the wait continues...:yawn:.

Just wanted to say that on the subject of getting in touch on a Sunday, I was originally contacted by ME last week, so it can happen. (Or maybe that was just the initial post-pool frenzy...)

Good luck to everyone!
Most likely it was :smile:
Original post by _Georgie
You were right about discussing interviews, apparently they're not over yet.
5 warning points *high five*

Haha I know! we are officially TSR outlaws...

I hope I hear tomorrow/tuesday... really don't wanna hear on the day of my exam.
Original post by Minerva
Yes.

Not necessarily. Successful interview candidates usually hear by the end of the coming week*, and it varies as to what method of communication is used. Telephoning does seem to be less usual generally than it was a few years ago.

*Though it may be different for the medics because of the moderation meeting.

what is this moderation meeting for medics?
Original post by EyesBegoniaSkies

In medicine (and I think Vet Med) they give out open offers to a few applicants, so many applicants for medicine wont hear until the discussions about these open offers are over.
Reply 5051

I hope I hear tomorrow/tuesday... really don't wanna hear on the day of my exam.

Yeahh I was thinking this morning what I'd do if I got a letter weds morning... I might be tempted to not open it so that bad news can't jeopardise the exam

I was having a look at the thread last year and the Girton interviewees got their replies on the 20th Jan... so it's possible we may be waiting a week or so...
Reply 5053
Original post by EyesBegoniaSkies
It is clear from this that discussions between the admissions tutors for each college with the 'group chairs' must be ongoing throughout the Pool and its aftermath. The reason for this is the need to absolutely control numbers - unlike in other subjects, there seems to be an exact quota and the university cannot afford to exceed it. Therefore, while it may not be a face-to-face meeting as such, there's no doubt that at some point next week (hopefully early on) there will be a review, by the admissions tutors working with those 'group chairs', of all the re-interviewees and anyone still being held in reserve, to decide who gets the remaining college-specific offers, and who gets an open offer. As was discussed earlier in the thread, this is presumably why most of the medics who have posted here have not heard anything, either way, yet.
(edited 11 years ago)
Yeahh I was thinking this morning what I'd do if I got a letter weds morning... I might be tempted to not open it so that bad news can't jeopardise the exam

Exactly, but even if it's an offer, that could still be distracting in the exam..!
Original post by shamika
You'll do amazing at Imperial :smile:

Original post by Silverland
I'm sorry. All the best though. I'm sure you'll do great at Imperial! =]

Thank you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by cath1509
I was having a look at the thread last year and the Girton interviewees got their replies on the 20th Jan... so it's possible we may be waiting a week or so...

Ahh but the 20th of jan last year was the equivalent to this friday so hopefully 5 days or less! I'm not waiting on Girton btw, I was semi fished by Caius :smile:
Reply 5057
d

Do u think theres amy chance that we could maybe get the letter tomorrow<?
Ahh but the 20th of jan last year was the equivalent to this friday so hopefully 5 days or less! I'm not waiting on Girton btw, I was semi fished by Caius :smile:

Ahhh right good luck with caius :biggrin: and cleverrrrrr!!!So it's sooner than i thought hopefully :biggrin:
Reply 5059
Post-rejection, is it possible to get feedback on your application/interviews? How would one do this? Or would you have to wait until it comes through on track? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending