The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature Poetry Across Time Exam 16th January 2013

Hi to all who are sitting the English Literature GCSE "Poetry Across Time" exam in January 2013. I am doing some last minute revision and read that 3 of the poems in each cluster will not appear as one of the named poems on the paper. So i was wondering if anyone who is studying the Relationships cluster could tell me which poems will definitely not appear so i don't need to revise them . Also it would be greatly appreciated if you could also tell me which poems have a high likelihood of coming up. Thanks a lot.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by goldfish21
Hi to all who are sitting the English Literature GCSE "Poetry Across Time" exam in January 2013. I am doing some last minute revision and read that 3 of the poems in each cluster will not appear as one of the named poems on the paper. So i was wondering if anyone who is studying the Relationships cluster could tell me which poems will definitely not appear so i don't need to revise them . Also it would be greatly appreciated if you could also tell me which poems have a high likelihood of coming up. Thanks a lot.

Only on foundation tier - In paris with you, brothers and sister maude
Only on higher tier - hour, harmonium and sonnet 116

but you can still use brothers on the higher tier to compare for example :smile:
hii....i dont understand...are the poems you just named in higher coming up or do they have a high likelihood of coming up. Thanks:smile:
I believe the poems mentioned for foundation won't come up in higher and vice versa.
Reply 4
Original post by qwepoizxcmnb
I believe the poems mentioned for foundation won't come up in higher and vice versa.

Yeah so hour, harmonium and sonnet 116 will NOT appear on the foundation paper and vice versa. Or so I've been told by my teacher..
heyyy thanks ....that basically means brothers, sister maude and in paris with you will defo not be named in the higher ?? what do you guys think have a high likelihood of coming up
Reply 6
Yep, exactly. I think some of the literary heritage poems since they haven't come up at all recently... So the sonnets and coy? Just my feeling though.
ooo okayy .thanks Good luck everybody !!! I hope you all do extremely well
Original post by lilyrose2896
I need your help! I'm taking this exam in June and are the poems that will definitely not come up the same?

The same poems may come up as AQA do not want teachers to teach around the syllabus. However, I would say it is unlikely that the same poem will appear in successive series.
Hi i'm taking this exam in June too and was just wondering what poems were named in January? Thanks :smile:
Reply 10
For relationships it was Hour and The Farmers Bride
Reply 11
what poems came up for character and voice ?
Reply 12
Which came up in Conflict?
thanks
Reply 13
For conflict next to of course god america i came up. Not sure what the other one was.
Reply 14
Would the January exam paper be the same one in June?Cause I know the farmers bride and hour so well!Or would it be unlikely to come up again?
Reply 15
Original post by Natalia_14
Would the January exam paper be the same one in June?Cause I know the farmers bride and hour so well!Or would it be unlikely to come up again?

Hey Natalia, it is very unlikely that these two poems will refeature so soon for this exam ( as they appeared in the VERY latest paper), as they will try and include a range of the poems from the whole cluster. however, simultaneously, AQA are also likely to throw up some poems which have appareared recently to catch out those who don't bother to revise poems which have already appeared as a way of cutting the work load, so there is a small chance that one of the hour/ farmers bride will appear in the June 2013 paper, however if you ask me , I would consider a poem from a couple of papers back (ie January 2012)/one that hasn't appeared yet to feature. Good luck in your exam!
Reply 16
hi,
just checking which poems came up for higher tier in jan 2013, relationships cluster please? :smile:
Reply 17
also, if anyone who did the Of mice and men / short stories higher tier in jan 2013 could advise me which questions came up please, that'd be great? :P
Reply 18
Hey , I sat the Jan 2013 paper and did Relationships and the named poems were:
'Hour' by Carol Ann Duffy
'The Farmers Bride' Charlotte Mew
Hope I helped :biggrin:
sorry does anyone have the link from aqa about the three poems? thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending