The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shadowdweller
I don't know what that means, but okay xD

It's a water-tight coverall used for water sports. I'm planning on joining up with the nearest sailing club and wanted to know whether my mums old drysuit would fit

It does, though a bit long in the leg:smile:

Now all I've got to do is contact the club and see if they have anyone needing crew!:biggrin:

Reply 5101
Original post by incipientT
It's a water-tight coverall used for water sports. I'm planning on joining up with the nearest sailing club and wanted to know whether my mums old drysuit would fit

It does, though a bit long in the leg:smile:

Now all I've got to do is contact the club and see if they have anyone needing crew!:biggrin:

Oh that makes sense. Sounds awesome, hope you manage to join ok :smile:

Oh that makes sense. Sounds awesome, hope you manage to join ok :smile:

thanks, shouldn't be a problem, but there isn't much sailing this time of year, too cold!:pinch:

Do you do any sporty things?

thanks, shouldn't be a problem, but there isn't much sailing this time of year, too cold!:pinch:

Do you do any sporty things?

Oh wow, didn't even think about that. It'd be freezing :eek:

Climbing, though I haven't been in a while. I also go paintballing occasionally, which is kind of sporty? Do you do any other sports? :smile:

Oh wow, didn't even think about that. It'd be freezing :eek:

Climbing, though I haven't been in a while. I also go paintballing occasionally, which is kind of sporty? Do you do any other sports? :smile:

That's what the dry suit's for.:smile:

Climbing I've sorta* done, but don't really go in for it much, paintballing? I know you shoot paint, but that's the extent of my knowledge...

don't think there's anything else sporty I do. Sailing is kind of my token sport, not being a particularly sporty individual normally:smile:

* long story short, I was working on a job which required me to be away for a week and we had a spare day. For some reason we took it into our heads to climb a nearby Munro. Not sure what we were thinking, didn't really have the gear for it.:dontknow:

(edited 11 years ago)
That's what the dry suit's for.:smile:

Climbing I've sorta* done, but don't really go in for it much, paintballing? I know you shoot paint, but that's the extent of my knowledge...

don't think there's anything else sporty I do. Sailing is kind of my token sport, not being a particularly sporty individual normally:smile:

* long story short, I was working on a job which required me to be away for a week and we had a spare day. For some reason we took it into our heads to climb a nearby Monro. Not sure what we were thinking, didn't really have the gear for it.:dontknow:

:facepalm: Ok that makes a lot more sense now. I have a very limited knowledge of water related sports, not really my thing

Paintballing. Basically you just run around and try not to get hit by paintballs whilst trying to achieve some objective/shoot the opposing team. (I'm aware that that probably makes very little sense, but I can't remember anything more specific). It's a lot more fun then it sounds, if you like that kind of thing :tongue:

You tried to climb a what?

:facepalm: Ok that makes a lot more sense now. I have a very limited knowledge of water related sports, not really my thing

Paintballing. Basically you just run around and try not to get hit by paintballs whilst trying to achieve some objective/shoot the opposing team. (I'm aware that that probably makes very little sense, but I can't remember anything more specific). It's a lot more fun then it sounds, if you like that kind of thing :tongue:

You tried to climb a what?

it makes sense.:smile: It does sound kinda fun. Computer game IRL.

I spelt it wrong, I ment Munro.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munro

good thing the weather stayed good.

(edited 11 years ago)
it makes sense.:smile: It does sound kinda fun. Computer game IRL.

I spelt it wrong, I ment Munro.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munro

good thing the weather stayed good.

Aye it's pretty good fun, especially if you can convince a few friends to go along

Ah, that makes more sense :h: Although that seems a bit of an ambitious climb if you didn't have the gear for it :tongue:
Aye it's pretty good fun, especially if you can convince a few friends to go along

Ah, that makes more sense :h: Although that seems a bit of an ambitious climb if you didn't have the gear for it :tongue:

well, we took a car halfway up and it was pretty well traveled from there. Can't remember which mountain though.

(edited 11 years ago)
well, we took a car halfway up and it was pretty well traveled from there. Can't remember which mountain though.

Ah right, sounds pretty fun :smile:

Right, I'm off to bed, night :wavey:
Ah right, sounds pretty fun :smile:

Right, I'm off to bed, night :wavey:

Good night:wavey:

308 :biggrin:

Latest