Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ruthiepoothie
When is the best time to exercise and what is the best exercise to do to
a. burn off lots of calories
b. get a nice flat tummy
c. tone the top of my fat thighs
d. firm up my flabby arms

i want to exercise but i'm always really tired....
any suggestions??

ruthiepoothie
xxxx
wha?
Reply 2
Bike riding, you get loads of fresh air, you work your tummy and thighs, but not so much your arms!! Even if you feel tired, just a short ride will do wonders, and I find 30 mins after I have more energy and feel more awake than before!!
shazza
Bike riding, you get loads of fresh air, you work your tummy and thighs, but not so much your arms!! Even if you feel tired, just a short ride will do wonders, and I find 30 mins after I have more energy and feel more awake than before!!

bike riding makes my bum hurt and also it is a hassle to get my bike out from the bottom of the garden in the shed and then put it back when i've finished....

*shocked*
how lazy am i?
if i just get off my backside i may actually try that suggestion- thanx shazza!!
Reply 4
ruthiepoothie
When is the best time to exercise and what is the best exercise to do to
a. burn off lots of calories
b. get a nice flat tummy
c. tone the top of my fat thighs
d. firm up my flabby arms
xxxx

a. Run, row, anything repetitive.
b. sit ups/crunches. Do them before bed each night. Helps you sleep too.
c. Run run run run run/swim.
d. press ups (proper ones), weights etc.
Reply 5
ruthiepoothie
bike riding makes my bum hurt and also it is a hassle to get my bike out from the bottom of the garden in the shed and then put it back when i've finished....

*shocked*
how lazy am i?
if i just get off my backside i may actually try that suggestion- thanx shazza!!

Swimming's a nice way to exercize, specially if u can have a jacuzzi afterwards :smile:
pal_sch
a. Run, row, anything repetitive.
b. sit ups/crunches. Do them before bed each night. Helps you sleep too.
c. Run run run run run/swim.
d. press ups (proper ones), weights etc.

weights?!!?! sounds a bit scary!!!
i think my bro has some- i could steal them!!

ok- i can only manage 3 pressups without collapsing so i think i'll work on those!!

thanx :smile:
suz19
Swimming's a nice way to exercize, specially if u can have a jacuzzi afterwards :smile:

ooh posh!!
my swimming pool doesn't have a jacuzi but i could sit in the baby pool- that's really warm...although i don't know if i want to know why! :confused:
Reply 8
Swimming and Cycling are the best. Simple stuff though like walking instead of driving helps too :smile:
Reply 9
ruthiepoothie
ooh posh!!
my swimming pool doesn't have a jacuzi but i could sit in the baby pool- that's really warm...although i don't know if i want to know why! :confused:

Ewww- steer clear of the baby pool! :eek: :tongue:
Reply 10
swimming is good too!! You should organise with your mates to all go swimming or biking, making it a social event, that way you wont notice the exercise part so much!It is a case of motivation!
shazza
swimming is good too!! You should organise with your mates to all go swimming or biking, making it a social event, that way you wont notice the exercise part so much!It is a case of motivation!

yeah good idea...cos i am trying to loose weight and get fitter etc... i can manage the food thing..but so far haven't been able to do the exercise thing!!
sounds a good idea to do it in a group- exercise without realising!!!
:tongue:
Reply 12
I think the best time is in the morning, cos it speeds up your metabolism for the rest of the day. You're not meant to do exercise too close to going to bed because it keeps you awake.

a.c.d. can all be done with a cross trainer, if you have access to one. Otherwise try swimming. You could also do some weights for them as well - a lot of girls are scared cos they think they'll turn into a butch man, but you really won't!

b. either sit ups or use one of those big ball things. I think the ball is best and a sit up crane thing is WORST (really bad for your neck and makes you do the sit ups kind of wrong apparantly).

You shouldn't do weights too often - every other day at the most - to get the most effective results. Your muscles need time in between workouts..
Reply 13
ruthiepoothie
weights?!!?! sounds a bit scary!!!
i think my bro has some- i could steal them!!

ok- i can only manage 3 pressups without collapsing so i think i'll work on those!!

thanx :smile:

If you use weights, try light ones first, but don't stop till you feel knackered. Then go for another 10 reps. You may feel like hell for an hour or so, but you will get better quicker than if you stop when you feel like it. Remember, your mind quits faster than your body.
Reply 14
ruthiepoothie
ooh posh!!
u could cum to my house for a jacuzzi if u want, ive got 1, it gets abit bubbly tho :frown:
~*glitter*~
u could cum to my house for a jacuzzi if u want, ive got 1, it gets abit bubbly tho :frown:

yay!!!
*grabs costume and towel*
take me to your jacuzzi!!!!
fionah
I think the best time is in the morning, cos it speeds up your metabolism for the rest of the day. You're not meant to do exercise too close to going to bed because it keeps you awake.

a.c.d. can all be done with a cross trainer, if you have access to one. Otherwise try swimming. You could also do some weights for them as well - a lot of girls are scared cos they think they'll turn into a butch man, but you really won't!

b. either sit ups or use one of those big ball things. I think the ball is best and a sit up crane thing is WORST (really bad for your neck and makes you do the sit ups kind of wrong apparantly).

You shouldn't do weights too often - every other day at the most - to get the most effective results. Your muscles need time in between workouts..

cross trainer??
ball???
:confused:
Reply 17
ruthiepoothie

If you can't do proper press ups straight away, do them on your knees, but with your body straight out. Will work your arms and your stomach.

Sit ups are really good, but be careful not to strain your neck.
Reply 18
Everyone I know who does YOGA has a really nice body. I'd recommend getting a dvd or going to a session at a gym though because I went to a class that was a bit too 'spiritual' for my liking and was run by a pervy hippy man in leggings. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Me & my friend were in fits of silent laughter for a whole hour and thought it would Never End.

I want to do yoga now!! Excellent.
fionah
Everyone I know who does YOGA has a really nice body. I'd recommend getting a dvd or going to a session at a gym though because I went to a class that was a bit too 'spiritual' for my liking and was run by a pervy hippy man in leggings. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Me & my friend were in fits of silent laughter for a whole hour and thought it would Never End.

I want to do yoga now!! Excellent.

ooh yoga- sounds cool
*gets leggins and big slouch socks on*
i'm all ready!!

are the dvds of it good?
does it work you out and get you fit and toned??

Latest

Trending

Trending