The Student Room Group

Maths AQA C1 revision - 14th January 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Carlile
What did everyone get for C on the integration question?

C = -1
Reply 81
I thought the exam was easier than others but I know ive done some stupid mistakes which i tend to do in a maths exam. I didnt even know their was an integration question lol
Reply 82
Made this exam my little bitch, if you excuse the crude reference
Original post by Taran Hare
I thought the exam was easier than others but I know ive done some stupid mistakes which i tend to do in a maths exam. I didnt even know their was an integration question lol

I don't remember integrating anything either. I think I missed the question out. I just hope that I get atleast a B. What do you think the grade boundries will be? Does anybody want to guess?
Reply 84
Yeah that integration question had the most amount of marks for it too. (5 I think)

I think I did really well on this paper, but I have definitely over revised for it. There were certainly some tricky questions in there like the integration and translation.
Reply 85
Original post by Stournslad
Made this exam my little bitch, if you excuse the crude reference

As did i, with kinky whip and chain...i
Reply 86
Was the translation from Y=x^2 onto x^2-6x+11 or the other way around?
Reply 87
Original post by Fillly

I concur
I think an answer of:

The graph has been translated by the vector [3....2] would be sufficient enough for three marks going by the past mark schemes.
Original post by Fillly

The other way around. What was the answer? I said 6 to the right and 11 down.

EDIT: I'm 99% sure that's wrong. I didn't know what to do. Could somebody tell me what to do? My logic was the -6x was not in Y=x^2 so it must've went 6 to the right and +11 wasn't there idea so I thought that turned into a 0 in Y=x^2 by going 11 down.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Ferrari_1996
The other way around. What was the answer? I said 6 to the right and 11 down.

I'm sure the answer is 3 to the right and 2 up. After you have completed the square, the vertex is (3,2). The vertx of the y=x^2 is (0,0) therefore the graph has been translated by the vector [3,2]
Reply 91
It was y = x^2 - 6x + 11 onto the graph of y = x^2.

You had to use the completed square version of y = (x - 3)^2 + 2.

So the translation was:
[-3]
[-2]

I'm pretty sure about this.
What did people get the answer of the length PQ? The question was something to do with Tangents... I used the pythagoras theorem and got underoot 9 as the answer, which = 3.
Original post by the_googly
I'm sure the answer is 3 to the right and 2 up. After you have completed the square, the vertex is (3,2). The vertx of the y=x^2 is (0,0) therefore the graph has been translated by the vector [3,2]

That's what I put in my exam. I did the vector and then stated 3 to the right and 2 up, just in case. :smile:
Reply 94
Original post by Ferrari_1996
I don't remember integrating anything either. I think I missed the question out. I just hope that I get atleast a B. What do you think the grade boundries will be? Does anybody want to guess?

From what ive heard it was an easy paper in general and i dont believe i dropped any marks. They cannot however make the A boundary above 67/75 due to the gap they must leave for students getting above 90% aiming for A* in maths and the grade boundaries are normally 6 or 7 marks away from eachother so im assuming

62-64 for an A
55-57 for a B
47-49 for a C
Etc
Original post by Ozzy4321
It was y = x^2 - 6x + 11 onto the graph of y = x^2.

You had to use the completed square version of y = (x - 3)^2 + 2.

So the translation was:
[-3]
[-2]

I'm pretty sure about this.

Should it be positive 3 and positive 2?
What did people get the answer of the length PQ? The question was something to do with Tangents... I used the pythagoras theorem and got underoot 9 as the answer, which = 3.

I got that one too! What did people do for 6b? Was it integration as I didn't know what to do. :s-smilie:
Original post by ZoeLouise15
That's what I put in my exam. I did the vector and then stated 3 to the right and 2 up, just in case. :smile:

Yay!

You're probably right. I didn't know how to work out the vertex. I should've revised more. How did you work out the vertex?
Reply 99
Ah nvm, thats a mark ive lost. However i found this paper fairly decent, anyone else get the c on the integration question to be -1?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending