The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5180
Original post by insomniacramblings
Looks like I've been drowned. I had a feeling this was just postponed rejection... Oh well. All things considered, I was lucky to even get this far. Still hurts though.

Minerva, thank you for volunteering your own time and effort to help us through the pooling process. This thread was useful. It was actually nice going somewhere (between checking my voicemail, post and inbox), where I could relate to others throughout all the anxiety and uncertainty. There wasn't really anywhere else I could do it, and I think I'd have gone (even more :tongue:) insane on my own.

Best of luck to you all, wherever you go :smile:
Thank you for that feedback - so you all should not be on your own with this hideous process is why I'm here.

The hurt will pass - and many other great things will come your way. In the long run it really won't matter at all, but I know it doesn't feel like that just now.
Reply 5181
Original post by GeeGee3
I uess all those that just got update on ucas track but haven't got letters yet will prob get the letter tomorrow :frown: ...I feel kinda upset but relieved at the same time....I guess itll take a few days to pass to get over the rejection since Cambridge was a dream :'( ah well guess its Wariwick from here on now! :biggrin: ...its just the case of finding the motivation to do STEP now...

That was just mean from Girton :frown: I hope my fate doesn't go the same way.
I'll hold out for a letter tomorrow, but now I'm refreshing track & emails every second haha.
Maybe they thought fast via Track was better than an extra day or so via post.
Silly them, the decisions have come too late either way.
Reply 5182
Guys, just remember: it doesn't matter where you go, because wherever you go, you will always shine, all you smart kids :wink:

See some of you at Bristol!!! Woo hoo!!
Reply 5183
Original post by Orange Fish
I'm sorry :frown: Head up though, you'll have a blast wherever you go. :smile:

For anyone wondering why they are being rejected by the college they applied to after being pooled, that's just the way it works., even if your 'pool' was rejected by another college. It's not that they've just kept your file for a week.
In some cases, it is. GeeGee3 applied to Girton in the first place, was pooled but it appears not fished out. Unless Girton had her on their 'pending' list, they've known for a week that she was unsuccessful, and not only do they not get the letter out promptly but when they do they time so badly that Track gets there first. I don't think she was a 'B' because final decisions on those won't have been made in time for the outcome to become known today.
(edited 11 years ago)
Just found out by email I have been rejected for Phys NatSci post-reinterview by Murray Edwards :frown: (originally applied to Clare). Obviously there is the initial disappointment (especially because I had to go down again for another interview!!) but in the end I think I will be just as happy, if not happier, elsewhere! :biggrin: I was beginning to doubt I would even accept an offer if I got one, so at least this way the decision is made for me! :wink:
Wishing all of you still afloat the best of luck, and remember (I know it's been said before!) if you've got to this stage in the Cambridge application process and you have the motivation, you will succeed wherever you go! :smile:

Also, anyone out there thinking of UCL? :biggrin:
Original post by jamil78613
So do you think that those who haven't heard are in that category? Girton have around 9 spaces, they give out about 3-4 direct offers and the rest are pooled applicants. I was just hoping that after the reinterview stage they may have reconsidered my application. However seeing as though they don't even know where my application is, it seems very unlikely. I think my only hope left is the open offer. In 2011, applicants that were being considered for an open offer were sent emails and made to wait until February. I don't think all pooled applicants were sent that email and even then i think very few actually got an offer. Do you have any idea what the chances are?

Oh wow, I had no idea that you were sent an email if you were being considered for an open offer. That changes my perception somewhat, there is no chance they will send that email to so many people. As for the offers themselves, the only info i have is probably the same as you have. Somewhere in the region of 4-8 you can expect to be given out.

Having said that, if you look up then there is someone already with a Vet Med open offer, so maybe the process has already begun!
Reply 5186
I withdrew my application today, decided I would rather go to Imperial regardless of the outcome of the pool, good luck to anyone still waiting to hear back post interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just been fished by St Johns for HSPS, originally pooled by Clare! :happy2: Communication fails me, at the moment, but I wish all of you still swimming the very best of luck; I really thought I'd drowned, but it seems people are still getting offers! Thank you Minerva, and thanks to all of you for being so incredibly supportive and positive of each other and me these past 10 days!
Original post by cecil_bear
Just found out by email I have been rejected for Phys NatSci post-reinterview by Murray Edwards :frown: (originally applied to Clare). Obviously there is the initial disappointment (especially because I had to go down again for another interview!!) but in the end I think I will be just as happy, if not happier, elsewhere! :biggrin: I was beginning to doubt I would even accept an offer if I got one, so at least this way the decision is made for me! :wink:
Wishing all of you still afloat the best of luck, and remember (I know it's been said before!) if you've got to this stage in the Cambridge application process and you have the motivation, you will succeed wherever you go! :smile:

Also, anyone out there thinking of UCL? :biggrin:

Track just promptly updated too... at least I read the email first! Also, massive thanks to Minerva for all your support and time spent on this - you are brilliant! :tongue:
Reply 5189
Original post by laurelin_
Just been fished by St Johns for HSPS, originally pooled by Clare! :happy2: Communication fails me, at the moment, but I wish all of you still swimming the very best of luck; I really thought I'd drowned, but it seems people are still getting offers! Thank you Minerva, and thanks to all of you for being so incredibly supportive and positive of each other and me these past 10 days!

How and when if you don't mind me asking?
Does anyone know is Caius are known for taking a long time to get back to people?
Original post by mmohr
I withdrew my application today, decided I would rather go to Imperial regardless of the outcome of the pool, good luck to anyone still waiting to hear back post interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What subject did you apply for?

Also has anyone heard from Fitz yet about decisions after re-interviews?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5192
Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•
Does anyone know is Caius are known for taking a long time to get back to people?

Last year they were one of the quickest but got criticised for using Track to send out rejections. Their admin this year, however, has been dismally slow so I would expect decisions to take a while, particularly since they'll want to avoid a repeat of last year's mistake
Reply 5193
Original post by josephtsui
What subject did you apply for?

Also has anyone heard from Fitz yet about decisions after re-interviews?

Chemical engineering via NatSci at St John's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey all - I literally JUST got an offer from Girton for Philosophy - no reinterview, and no communication by my original college (Pembroke) since the pooling letter. I had lost all hope and I got it through a UCAS track update, which I expected to be a rejection. So don't lose hope just yet little fishies!
Reply 5195
Rejected from Selwyn.. via track!

The cheek! Commiserations to everyone else who's found out today - finally can move on with real life! :bumps:
Original post by WJRA
Last year they were one of the quickest but got criticised for using Track to send out rejections. Their admin this year, however, has been dismally slow so I would expect decisions to take a while, particularly since they'll want to avoid a repeat of last year's mistake

Ahhh okay, I had a reinterview there, so I'm now expecting an even longer wait...
Reply 5197
Original post by Sharpeyj
Hi everyone. I received my rejection from Selwyn for bio nat sci this afternoon. Got home after my chemistry exam to find it :/ but I am honestly just relieved, I am happy not to have the pressure, and happy to know I was almost good enough :smile:

Original post by Halleb9
Well it is officially over! My track just changed to unsuccessful - the most cruel way!
Surprisingly not that upset more relieved really!

Good luck to everyone else, hope it works out for you!

Law pooled by Selwyn btw

Bad form Selwyn! I just got rejected via track too - alas!
Reply 5198
Well done to everyone who got offers just now; amazing! :biggrin: Best of luck to those swimming up/downstream, you will all be BRIlLLIANT wherever you go!
Reply 5199
Hi everyone.

I was pooled by Queens' and picked up for interview by Robinson for ASNC last Thursday. Now to just wait for a reply...

Fingers crossed for everyone :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending