The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by member591354
I apologise. Good luck! I hate seeing people getting rejected - like most of those people at my college...

Have you heard?
Original post by The Polymath
Have you heard?

Maybe...
Reply 5222
Track officially updated with the rejection. Well done to those who got offers, you are really amazing, If clever people I know (including me :biggrin:) got rejections, I can't even imagine what sort of people manage to get in. Good luck to all the fishes swimming. Those who did not get an offer forget about it and move on (apply next year, if you are desperate), now I shall beg God for an LSE offer.
Reply 5223
Original post by cecil_bear
Just found out by email I have been rejected for Phys NatSci post-reinterview by Murray Edwards :frown: (originally applied to Clare). Obviously there is the initial disappointment (especially because I had to go down again for another interview!!) but in the end I think I will be just as happy, if not happier, elsewhere! :biggrin: I was beginning to doubt I would even accept an offer if I got one, so at least this way the decision is made for me! :wink:
Wishing all of you still afloat the best of luck, and remember (I know it's been said before!) if you've got to this stage in the Cambridge application process and you have the motivation, you will succeed wherever you go! :smile:

Also, anyone out there thinking of UCL? :biggrin:

that's so weird, I applied to clare for phys natsci and had a reinterview at murray edwards nd also got rejected! feels a bit better to know someone else can go through that too and be optimistic :smile: best of luck for your other choices! XD
Original post by Ivo
Someone on here also got a direct offer via phone call and they were informed that a formal offer letter would be sent in the post later in the week. Hope that helps :smile:

Thank you! I have now received my offer letter - it seems I was getting stupidly worried for no reason! I think I just wanted something to prove that I didn't dream my phone call :biggrin:
Drowned/asphyxiated today by Jesus for Nat Sci Phys. Letter in the post dated the 9th. I must say, in spite of everything, I feel awful for people who only got to know through Track, that's just depressing after the torturous ten-or-so days we have all had. For shame, Girton and Selwyn! My condolences to all my fellow drowned fish, and congratulations to everyone who made it through! I'm sure we will all be amazing wherever we end up :smile:

And to reiterate the general sentiment, major thanks to Minerva and everybody else who has kept this thread going. It was both helpful and reassuring. Thank you for making the past ten days much less awful than they could have been.
Reply 5226
Another day of no news..Come on Caius!
Reply 5227
Drowned today by track. But I can honestly say I'm not even gutted. I thought I'd be upset but this process has really put me off Cambridge and by the end I didn't even care. Thanks to Minerva who has been amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by s_axo
Another day of no news..Come on Caius!

Is caius your original college? I'm waiting to hear about reinterview from them!
Reply 5229
Anyone know when us medics will hear anything? It's been so long since I was released into the pool that I'd actually forgotten I still hadn't been rejected. :colondollar:
In the next couple of days, open offers will be decided, so hopefully we will hear by the end of this week but it might go in to next week for some.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5231
Original post by _Georgie
That was just mean from Girton :frown: I hope my fate doesn't go the same way.
I'll hold out for a letter tomorrow, but now I'm refreshing track & emails every second haha.
Maybe they thought fast via Track was better than an extra day or so via post.
Silly them, the decisions have come too late either way.

Yh exactly! I'd much rather have waited an extra day and got a letter instead!...either way, im guessing if you've escaped getting a rejection through track today, your chances of getting an offer maybe higher...either way good luck!...hopefully you do get an offer tomorrow! so you can get on with your exams!
Hey everyone! Just a little update to all you medics still out there. Called downing earlier today, they said that decisions on all courses have been made except medicine (which is slow uni-wide) as they have some issues or something with choosing open offers and what not... The lady even said it was unusually slow this year, and that we may hear in the next few days. But I'm betting itl b longer than that... Maybe by the end of the week? :tongue: fingers crossed everyone!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by helangio
that's so weird, I applied to clare for phys natsci and had a reinterview at murray edwards nd also got rejected! feels a bit better to know someone else can go through that too and be optimistic :smile: best of luck for your other choices! XD

That is weird! :tongue: Don't know if I will have seen you last week - I was at Murray Edwards on thurs/fri? Best of luck for the future to you too! :smile: Where do you hope to go now?
For medicine, if we haven't been interviewed already, are open offers the only hope or is it still possible to receive a direct offer? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5235
Original post by Sharpeyj
I got pooled by Selwyn and my track just updated too, but I got a letter in the post earlier as well. Hope it works our for you wherever you end up- where do you want to go?

Ah really I might get a letter then! You too, I can't decide between Nottingham and Durham at the moment, you?
Original post by cecil_bear
That is weird! :tongue: Don't know if I will have seen you last week - I was at Murray Edwards on thurs/fri? Best of luck for the future to you too! :smile: Where do you hope to go now?

I was at murray edwards thursday/friday!! did they email you or did you find out on track, I was for Bionatsci but have heard nothing and its killing me not knowingggggg!! :frown:
Status update:

Still swimming, still no official correspondence since pool letter for affiliate theology :titan: Rang up John's admissions this afternoon, having not received a letter from the lot they posted on Friday, and was told the college was no longer in possession of my file. The lady didn't seem to know anything more but suggested just to keep swimming. I'm assuming another college has it and is 1) considering me, 2) gonna send me an offer in the next few days, 3) return my file back to John's for them to send me a rejection, 4) or they've just lost my file. :wizard:

Seen this before 'miranda'? :holmes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5238
Original post by swraysford
Status update:

Still swimming, still no official correspondence since pool letter for affiliate theology :titan: Rang up John's admissions this afternoon, having not received a letter from the lot they posted on Friday, and was told the college was no longer in possession of my file. The lady didn't seem to know anything more but suggested just to keep swimming. I'm assuming another college has it and is 1) considering me, 2) gonna send me an offer in the next few days, 3) return my file back to John's for them to send me a rejection.

Seen anything like this before 'miranda'? :holmes:
Given that you've heard nothing so far, it sounds like you may be a 'B' applicant*, in which case whichever college has got your file is going to have to make up its mind pretty soon. However, as you don't know who has got your file, your only point of contact is John's, so if you've still heard nothing by the end of the week I'd be inclined to ring them again for an update.

*extensively discussed further back in the thread; if you cba to look for the relevant posts, the detailed guidance, for which there is a link in the OP, explains :smile:
Original post by Minerva
Given that you've heard nothing so far, it sounds like you may be a 'B' applicant*, in which case whichever college has got your file is going to have to make up its mind pretty soon. However, as you don't know who has got your file, your only point of contact is John's, so if you've still heard nothing by the end of the week I'd be inclined to ring them again for an update.

*extensively discussed further back in the thread; if you cba to look for the relevant posts, the detailed guidance, for which there is a link in the OP, explains :smile:

Ah, thanks for clarifying minerva :h: I've already waited over a week, a few more days can't hurt :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending