The Student Room Group

[AQA] - Economics Unit 1 January 15th - [2013]

Scroll to see replies

Section B was quite nice :smile: Especially 6 and 8. I think I got Marginal Private Cost right and then the 12 marker I may have got confused I'm not sure. I did the right diagram and described what would happen and why to the prices of corn etc due to the subsidy but the last bit seemed odd imo unless I read it wrong.
Original post by ineedtorevise127
Did anyone have these answers for mchoice?
These are the only ones I remember in no particular order

Land owned by firms
Diseconomies of scale
Bus - some question about a bus I think I put inferior good
Price of lamb and something else
Government overproducing a merit good
taxing a car park
subsidise p3p2 i think or something like that
misallocation of resources

I got them except the lamb one :smile: I put something else for that but I forgot ... or did I put the lamb one ...
Original post by JordanS94
I got them except the lamb one :smile: I put something else for that but I forgot ... or did I put the lamb one ...

Yeah lol i guessed that.
Did you put the supply curve could shift to the right if other firms enter.
Reply 203
Original post by JordanS94

I got all of that except can't remember the lamb lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Son234
I got all of that except can't remember the lamb lol

Did you get for one
Substitute good and taxation and for the curves did you pick the MPC and MSC ones?
I can't remember any of my multiple choice answers :| hahaha
Yeah lol i guessed that.

I'm not sure. I don't remember any except for the ones you posted and the ones that were repeated :lol:
Did anyone have these answers for mchoice?
These are the only ones I remember in no particular order

Land owned by firms
Diseconomies of scale
Bus - some question about a bus I think I put inferior good
Price of lamb and something else
Government overproducing a merit good
taxing a car park
subsidise p3p2 i think or something like that
misallocation of resources

i don't think it was that, the q asked "what would make a firm prevent from expanding" and i said that it was increased competition
Reply 208
Yeah lol i guessed that.

Yep thats definitely one of the reasons for supply to increase
In the aqa book it says

Number of firms in the market determines supply

If that's wrong then aqa economics textbook needs evaluating

how did everyone find it?

I was fairly confident about it beforehand, but I was completely thrown by the question on "competitive markets," in hindsight god knows why. Was not a fan of the rest of paper either, and almost ran out of time...

Don't think I got the grade I wanted...damn, that is very annoying!

Anyone else?
Original post by Son234
Yep thats definitely one of the reasons for supply to increase
In the aqa book it says

Number of firms in the market determines supply

If that's wrong then aqa economics textbook needs evaluating

Yeah do you remember anymore Mchoice answers you put so many questions I can't even recall
Reply 211
Original post by DonLad Academia

I was fairly confident about it beforehand, but I was completely thrown by the question on "competitive markets," in hindsight god knows why. Was not a fan of the rest of paper either, and almost ran out of time...

Anyone else?

Exactly in the same position!! Was very confident beforehand but I was thrown off by the multiple choice it was not the best! I ran out of time as well and my 25 marker was very weak and if I had more time I am sure I would have done it!

Anyone have the paper with the mark scheme?? Which context did you choose
For the productive efficiency question was the answer lowest point on the AC curve
not sure about it i just guessed it
Reply 213
Original post by Jatt.B
Exactly in the same position!! Was very confident beforehand but I was thrown off by the multiple choice it was not the best! I ran out of time as well and my 25 marker was very weak and if I had more time I am sure I would have done it!

Anyone have the paper with the mark scheme?? Which context did you choose

Same situation for me really. Was completely thrown off the multiple choice despite doing loads and getting near full marks each time. Also, almost ran out of time on my 25 marker and it wasn't the best of answers at all. Was predicted close to 100 UMS. Absolutely gutted!
Original post by Hi, How are you ?
i don't think it was that, the q asked "what would make a firm prevent from expanding" and i said that it was increased competition

I think it was large economies of scale are experienced from low outputs, if there was increased competition the firms would expand.
Reply 215
Original post by DonLad Academia

Anyone else?

I thought the questions we're quite nice, considering A levels are meant to be getting stricter.

The multiple choice was really difficult, for most people I spoke to. The timings made me frantic and so I personally didn't tackle the questions properly. If you stayed calm then the paper shouldn't have been too challenging I guess.
Reply 216
I havn't been on student room since I did my GCSE's but do people still make up predicted mark schemes and answers?

I know the first answer was a factor of production: rented land
Reply 217
Original post by Hi, How are you ?

With Competition the advantages are consumer sovereignty and productive efficiency or lose Market share

Disadvantage is firms have incentive to outcompete other firms away

That does not necessarily prevent expansion of a firm does it?

I thought diseconomies in scale at low level output made made for sense

because how do you expect economies of scale to occur if the firm is experiencing diseconomies of scale at low level output

But I that's my logic lol

Reply 218
What was the definition for: Marginal Private Cost?
Original post by Son234
With Competition the advantages are consumer sovereignty and productive efficiency or lose Market share

Disadvantage is firms have incentive to outcompete other firms away

That does not necessarily prevent expansion of a firm does it?

I thought diseconomies in scale at low level output made made for sense

because how do you expect economies of scale to occur if the firm is experiencing diseconomies of scale at low level output

But I that's my logic lol

spot on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending