The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
Original post by Jackkkkk
Very Nice :smile:) And you can walk on the grass there !!

Always a plus haha, which college did you apply to?
Reply 1241
Original post by Grauniad
Lived in the rural West Midlands all my life. My mum says I got in as the token yokel. But then, she's a Brummie and got an offer from being the token poor person.
My excitement of going to Cambridge seems to fluctuate though; it usually gets bigger just after I mess up an exam. As I did today...

You think that you're the token yokel, that's my job. I bet you don't milk 150 cows before you go to school, I do most days. I also feed all the calves after school and do alot of field work such as rolling grass, mowing grass and driving silage trailers in the Spring/Summer. I am also involved in lambing and shearing in the Easter break and all the other manual tasks throughout the year. Going to Cambridge will be like a walk in the park workwise although I noticed that my Dad has clocked the long holidays and will be expecting me to continue as before. Fair dos, the old folks have supported me big time through this whole process.
Original post by amg_22
Always a plus haha, which college did you apply to?

I applied to Corpus :smile:
Original post by mp1995
Trinity - Land Economy! (Incredibly hard offer though...)

Congrats! What's the offer?
Reply 1244
Original post by xxfieryangelxx
I'm a Medic :biggrin: My interview was on the 11th of December. I don't think I remember meeting any NatSci people that day... but I'm looking forward to meeting you this October :smile: What made you decide on Sidney?

I wanted the following: central location, mixed, relatively small and no admissions tests. You?
Reply 1245
Original post by fabulanoctis
I actually interviewed at Clare and got fished from the pool. :P

Ooo :P
Original post by mp1995
Trinity - Land Economy! (Incredibly hard offer though...)

Woo another Trinity offer holder there's not that many of us :frown: what's your offer?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
A perfect description of my week:

Original post by Oromis263

Hahahaha! Perfect!
Reply 1249
Anyone know what Cambridge feet are like? How do they rank compared to the likes of UCL feet or even Warwick feet?

EPQ, Politics, History and English Language (got told I'll probably get full marks on my coursework, which is nice. The irony is that it's the subject I'm most likely to get an A* in, and is completely unrelated to HSPS). And general studies, but not out of choice. Got a Politics module on wednesday, and second General Studies on thursday (are you OCR as well then? If yeah, what did you think of last week's paper?)

No, all my subjects are AQA. I'm studying Biology, Geography and History (Gen Studies is compulsory here also).
Do you know which four subjects you are likely to choose in your first HSPS year?
Original post by T.Aria
I wanted the following: central location, mixed, relatively small and no admissions tests. You?

The same, really. Obviously, as I applied to do Medicine, I would have had to do an entrance test no matter which college I applied to. But I went on the open day in September and I really liked the atmosphere.

Did you go on any of the open days?
:biggrin:
Reply 1252
Original post by Oromis263

A perfect description of my progress test :wink:

Screw you, Gauss.
Original post by Fresh91
Hey, dear future friends! I just got my UCAS status (conditional offer) updated and it comprises of 2 sentences. The 1st one relates to me achieving good grades but the 2nd one goes:
"Please provide a satisfactory financial guarantee."
Any idea what it could mean?

Help The Foreigner , please :smile:

I'm not a future friend, as my teen prefers to keep their friends away from their parents :smile: however in the absence of anyone else replying....as you're a foreign student they want to see you have enough money, or someone who will give you money, to last out the degree and pay their fees. So you probably need something from a parent and maybe their bank. Ask the university exactly what you need to provide or try asking here - I think there's an ask a current student or a search may throw something up. This is for London but may help http://uclu.org/guide-to-renewing-student-visa
Original post by Reacher_Creature
No, all my subjects are AQA. I'm studying Biology, Geography and History (Gen Studies is compulsory here also).
Do you know which four subjects you are likely to choose in your first HSPS year?

Politics, International Relations (which should hopefully be part 2 as well), Cultures of Egypt & Mesopotamia and Akkadian Language. Mix up the ol' traditional History and Politics whatnot.
You?
Politics, International Relations (which should hopefully be part 2 as well), Cultures of Egypt & Mesopotamia and Akkadian Language. Mix up the ol' traditional History and Politics whatnot.
You?

Politics, International Relations, Sociology and Biological Anthropology (don't want to drop the Biology just yet). Not sure about year two.
Original post by Caitlin_dj
Woo another Trinity offer holder there's not that many of us :frown: what's your offer?

I've got an offer from Trinity too woooo
I received an open offer last night :biggrin: thrilled, I don't find out which college till August but I don't care. Oh and its to study Vet Med!
Original post by Reacher_Creature
Politics, International Relations, Sociology and Biological Anthropology (don't want to drop the Biology just yet). Not sure about year two.

Well, unless they make you plan out you life there and then as soon as you arrive (if not sooner), you should have a little time to choose what to narrow down to.
Original post by amg_22
Selwyn :smile:

yayyy Selwyn... we have a FB group. its link is on one of the first pages of this thread :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending