Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by Skilled
Yup, it actually made me smile and think that AQA will never change

Hahah me too.. Oh god, we probs sound so sad :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skilled
with figures, I compared:
-petrol usage reduced overall from 2000 to 2011 whereas Diesel usage rose from 2000 to 2011

-Petrol rose from 200 - 2004 then just kept dropping whereas Diesel continually kept rising throughout.

Do you think those where do enough to get the marks?
What did you compare?

Yeah i think you will get the marks, just have to remember to use the right figures. With figures, my first comparision was the same as your first one and my second was petrol and diesel were at their highest at different times (2004 for petrol and 2011 for diesel i think)
Do you think i would get the marks?
Original post by Skilled
I needed litteraly only 5 minutes more to finish one more issue and conclude in the end

That's annoying, well I suppose we'll just have to wait and see! I liked the MC q about butter, it was practically the same as one about milk. Even both dairy products :tongue:

Original post by Squarez
I kind of had the opposite problem, I don't know what it was (in hindsight it was probably spending the whole morning revising or something that tired out my brain) but normally I find the MC questions a cake walk but today I had to read each question and the answers 2 or 3 times before it in what the question was asking. So by the time I reached the 25 mark question what I wrote felt really barebones and rushed compared to what I could have written.

If I have to retake/when it comes to Unit 2 I'll know to do the essay FIRST.

Agree with the bold, I think it was just exam pressure! My essay was OK, I think I covered it all and wrote 3 1/3 pages incl diagrams, but I could have written more I think. Next time I do a mock I might try doing the Part B first; with MC if you have a few seconds left you can always guess the last one or two!
Reply 363
Grade boundaries what's it been for last few years?

What's the lowest and highest it's ever been?

Predictions for this one?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Oh and in the examiners reports I read today a common mistake on the 8 marker is people not putting the units e.g annual percentage change, dollars per tonne (random example!) etc. That's quite a small thing to cost you 8 marks :erm:
Original post by Skilled
That makes sense, you should definitely get rewarded

Hopefully, how did you find multiple choice?
For the multiple choice question were the answer was between elasticity -1 to 0 in the second block and in the first block that means answer was either wages of '....' Or cost of lamb ( so B or D ) what did you guys put ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 367
Is anyone able to put the paper up or MC answers
Reply 368
Original post by Rishi_Sood11
Hopefully, how did you find multiple choice?

Tricky for some questions and some were easy because they were from past papers
Reply 369
Original post by nadster
Hahah me too.. Oh god, we probs sound so sad :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha...
Reply 370
Original post by Rishi_Sood11
Yeah i think you will get the marks, just have to remember to use the right figures. With figures, my first comparision was the same as your first one and my second was petrol and diesel were at their highest at different times (2004 for petrol and 2011 for diesel i think)
Do you think i would get the marks?

You will get the marks because peaks of data is an important point to consider
Reply 371
Original post by Alexandra's Box
That's annoying, well I suppose we'll just have to wait and see! I liked the MC q about butter, it was practically the same as one about milk. Even both dairy products :tongue:

yep, the butter one was exactly the same, some other ones were also around 99% the same
Original post by Newbie95
I thought this was quite a tricky paper in comparison to the previous ones. Did anyone do context 1?

For my 25 marker - I talked about how congestion has negative externalities, talked about policies such as subsidy, taxation. How it will be costly, opportunity cost, how it may be ineffective and will not work if consumers have no incentive. Also talked about congestion charge and how it should be increased. Also talked about govt failure such as how they take a short term view.

What did people do for the 12 marker, I drew the S+D diagram with supply shifting in and explaining effects of tax rise if the good had positive cross elasticity.

I did context 1. I wrote about:

Taxation on petrol

Ad Valorem for miles travelled

Subsidise Rail and Bus services

Left to free market (petrol/rationing function)

I also did initiative and regulations on Rush hour/inner city travel though I'm not sure if it would mean anything...

...Basically ->inelastic P.E.D so tax was have high revenue but not decrease the level of car use by much at all...

...don't think my evaluation was very good
Original post by Rafael_96
For the multiple choice question were the answer was between elasticity -1 to 0 in the second block and in the first block that means answer was either wages of '....' Or cost of lamb ( so B or D ) what did you guys put ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Answer please :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 374
Answer please :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, for that question, I calculated the value and got -0.8 so chose the one with from -1 to 0. Don't remember what was in the first block. xD
Original post by ljc123
Yep a lot of people from my class answered it by evaluating the different strategies but I had split my evaluation revision up into two, strategy revision and pro market forces, pro gov intervention revision

I kinda did it in that way but not really too much structure. I wrote one big paragraph on why leaving the market forces wouldn't work. Also how they're good - they work by themselves, take into account the whole supply + demand for producers and consumers in the market, quickly alter to changes in demand or supply, and how they are allocatively efficient- forgot to write about msb=msc but it kinda meant the same thing as scarce resources aren't wasted.

Also forgot to write about how they make an unequal distribution of income - poor might not be able to afford, but I did state how they don't help fixing externalities - and negative ones in this case.

Then my rest of the essay was focusing on government intervention to fix the issue of over consumption of Junk food, and under consumption of vegetables :P (Min + Max price + Taxing junk food)

I do think that is where lots of people loose marks, and I hope including that paragraph is enough to get me good marks for the content of my 25 marker with an iffy evaluation.
Reply 376
Original post by Keyan333
I kinda did it in that way but not really too much structure. I wrote one big paragraph on why leaving the market forces wouldn't work. Also how they're good - they work by themselves, take into account the whole supply + demand for producers and consumers in the market, quickly alter to changes in demand or supply, and how they are allocatively efficient- forgot to write about msb=msc but it kinda meant the same thing as scarce resources aren't wasted.

Also forgot to write about how they make an unequal distribution of income - poor might not be able to afford, but I did state how they don't help fixing externalities - and negative ones in this case.

Then my rest of the essay was focusing on government intervention to fix the issue of over consumption of Junk food, and under consumption of vegetables :P (Min + Max price + Taxing junk food)

I do think that is where lots of people loose marks, and I hope including that paragraph is enough to get me good marks for the content of my 25 marker with an iffy evaluation.

I'm sure you'll get decent marks! As long as there's evidence that you've considered the question you don't really have too much to worry about :smile:
Reply 377

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put b because it was a rightward shift in supply and the wages dropped.
So who has finished their exams?

I'm an A2 student. Luckily 3 out of 4 of my exams are over. Have Econ 3 on Tuesday.

Envious of the people who have already finished!
Original post by ljc123
I wrote some similar stuff but I didn't go into different policies and evaluate them, i evaluated the idea of governments intervening :smile::smile:

That makes me feel a bit better! :smile: so what kind of stuff did you write about? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending