The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5340
Original post by Christopher Lee
any medics still swimming in the pool? I got pooled by Caius and I didnt have a reinterview. just keep swimming~

Im a natsci for caius but havent heard back either!
Reply 5341
any medics still swimming in the pool? I got pooled by Caius and I didnt have a reinterview. just keep swimming~
Of the 20 medic poolees (you're the 21st) we've had, two got direct offers pretty quickly; none of the others has reported hearing anything, including the three who got called for re-interview.

We wait on, it seems.
If the people who had re-interviews at the end of last week, haven't heard anything by the end of this week, would it be wise to get into contact with the college (via email or phone) and ask the status of the application?
Reply 5343
Pooled by King's for HSPS, and still waiting ...
Original post by Lisalikesfood
If the people who had re-interviews at the end of last week, haven't heard anything by the end of this week, would it be wise to get into contact with the college (via email or phone) and ask the status of the application?

I'd really like to know as well, but as someone who didn't have a re-interview. How long are you supposed to wait before it's appropriate to contact the university for news?
Original post by DanishPastry
I'd really like to know as well, but as someone who didn't have a re-interview. How long are you supposed to wait before it's appropriate to contact the university for news?

That's the problem :s-smilie:
I don't want to phone up, only to give them the wrong idea that I'm being rude or something, but I don't want to be kept in the dark for ages as well.... Arghhh! :frown:
Original post by silver*linings
Completely unexpectedly received an offer from Caius today!!!
So happy, good luck to all of the other fish who are still swimming don't give up all hope yet!
Thank you very much to Minerva and everyone else for their kindness and reassuringness, I've still applied to different unis for a slightly different course as recommended - it's always good to have options!
I feel very lucky for both this late offer and the help this lovely, good-humoured and ever-present thread has give me.
Much love xxx

Well done on the offer! Can I ask, were you REinterviewed at Caius, or originally pooled from there?
Offer: My son (not posted before) received an email from Trinity around 4.15 pm today for Phys NatSci originally pooled by Trinity.

This thread has been inspiring - I wish there could be official recognition for people who have been pooled.

Best of luck to anybody left in the pool and thanks for all the support.
Reply 5348
Original post by Minerva
I agree with this.

I'm afraid there's nothing to add to what's in the updates already posted. Which college did you apply to?

I applied to Fitzwilliam
Reply 5349
Original post by Halleb9
Ah really I might get a letter then! You too, I can't decide between Nottingham and Durham at the moment, you?

Nottingham is lovely! I haven't seen Duhram but I know people say great things about it :smile: and I am deciding between York and Sheffield... I'm leaning towards York at the moment!
Reply 5350
Original post by laurelin_
Got everything tightly crossed for you. Let me know when you hear something! :smile:

I finally got rejected today. Swimming off to UCL instead it seems :smile:
Reply 5351

Sup. :cool:
Reply 5352
Original post by john414
I applied to Fitzwilliam
None of the Fitzwilliam poolees who didn't get called back has reported an outcome yet. Of the two interviewees, one has reported an offer, and there's no news about the other.

Yep. I'm one.
Original post by Minerva
None of the Fitzwilliam poolees who didn't get called back has reported an outcome yet. Of the two interviewees, one has reported an offer, and there's no news about the other.

Sorry, by interviewees you means people who were pooled by Fitzwilliam and were called back for a second interview at another college? Just making sure that no one has heard back from Fitzwilliam yet on post-interviews decisions.
Reply 5355
Original post by josephtsui
Sorry, by interviewees you means people who were pooled by Fitzwilliam and were called back for a second interview at another college?
Yes.

Just making sure that no one has heard back from Fitzwilliam yet on post-interviews decisions.
Nothing's reported yet by any of the four people called to Fitzwilliam for re-interview.
Original post by Sharpeyj
Nottingham is lovely! I haven't seen Duhram but I know people say great things about it :smile: and I am deciding between York and Sheffield... I'm leaning towards York at the moment!

I got an offer from York as well, so maybe I'll be seeing you there, if I make that choice. :smile:
Reply 5357
Original post by jamil78613
Yep. I'm one.

Me too
I think with all the despondance about, this might seem like a tempting idea to some... http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/revenge--for-everyone-turned-down-by-oxbridge-6291609.html

Clearly people are interpreting this in the wrong way..
It's humour, to lighten the sadness of those rejected. What I meant by it was following on from the 'Just because they are cambridge does not mean they should treat applicants this way' conversation- Yes, they may be cambridge, but those rejected have the qualities to do great things.
Instead of being a cambridge 'reject', you now have the opportunity to show Cambridge what they're missing, why they were wrong to not offer you a place. You can be 'the one that got away' :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5359
Original post by jamil78613
Yep. I'm one.

Another Caius fish here... :smile: but don't ask about my BMAT. It's depressing...

Latest

Trending

Trending