The Student Room Group

Why do I only like guys who are out of my league.

Seriously, all the guys I fancy, are always the good looking ones, and then there's me, hardly attractive. I don't even talk to these guys either, they're usually just guys i see around college. Will i find someone who i will actually date? I feel like i'll never get a boyfriend.

Scroll to see replies

Pics or GTFO
Of course you will. Maybe right now you are looking in the wrong places.
Reply 3
Original post by marcus2001
Pics or GTFO

Haha i see you are being polite...otherwise they usually say TIts or GTFO xD lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Maybe because you're shallow?
First of all get some self-esteem, fix yourself up and you'll be in their league.

No excuse for not being the best version of yourself that you could be.

Remember, WWBWD: What Would Blair Waldorf Do!
Reply 6
Original post by Blair Waldorf
First of all get some self-esteem, fix yourself up and you'll be in their league.

No excuse for not being the best version of yourself that you could be.

Remember, WWBWD: What Would Blair Waldorf Do!

Not everyone wants to wear makeup and such, just for a male to like them.
Reply 7
Original post by Amanbabbar./
No-one is ugly. Everyone is beautiful, that's fact. So don't be calling yourself ugly, cus i bet there are loads of guys that think you're beautiful.
Just stop worrying about and it'll happen when it happens. But until then, keep smiling :].

i'm not saying i'm ugly, and guys i have no self esteem problems, but clearly guys are going to like the better looking girls aren't they. I tend to fancy the pretty boys, who will never be attracted to me.
Original post by Anonymous

Fixing yourself up can have everything to do with attitude, and nothing to do with make-up :smile:

You're absolutely right not everyone has to wear makeup and brush their hair to get a bf. But in this case you do, you admitted that you were ugly.

Why not try to improve your imperfections?
I get where your coming from... tbh there's not much you can do but take the first step and talk to them first. Because you never know, even if your not the prettiest girl your personality may win them over.
Or if that fails with all of them, find someone else who isn't as attractive or make your self more attractive.
Reply 11
You want what you can't have. It's only natural, especially for girls. :smug:
Seriously, all the guys I fancy, are always the good looking ones, and then there's me, hardly attractive. I don't even talk to these guys either, they're usually just guys i see around college. Will i find someone who i will actually date? I feel like i'll never get a boyfriend.

No wonder you feel like you'll never get a boyfriend if that's (refer to bolded parts) how you think. The guys you 'fancy' are all the good looking ones yet you know nothing about them judging by your post. Well. Not everybody is shallow like you :/ and so no, I don't know if you'll get a boyfriend with that mindset. But should your mindset change in the future, you probably have more of a chance. That however, is just my opinion.

Also, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Who's to say they are always the good looking ones? They are only good looking in your opinion, and you thinking you're unattractive is also your opinion. It's possible that all the guys you think are good looking, I think are average or thereabouts, and it's also possible that although you find yourself unattractive, someone out there finds you very attractive.

There's no such thing as leagues, it's something you made up for yourself, really. That's what I think. I'm still puzzled as to how you can like someone without even fully knowing what they are really like. :P
Reply 13

High standards.
Reply 14
Original post by SyOnGuitar
No wonder you feel like you'll never get a boyfriend if that's (refer to bolded parts) how you think. The guys you 'fancy' are all the good looking ones yet you know nothing about them judging by your post. Well. Not everybody is shallow like you :/ and so no, I don't know if you'll get a boyfriend with that mindset. But should your mindset change in the future, you probably have more of a chance. That however, is just my opinion.

Also, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Who's to say they are always the good looking ones? They are only good looking in your opinion, and you thinking you're unattractive is also your opinion. It's possible that all the guys you think are good looking, I think are average or thereabouts, and it's also possible that although you find yourself unattractive, someone out there finds you very attractive.

There's no such thing as leagues, it's something you made up for yourself, really. That's what I think. I'm still puzzled as to how you can like someone without even fully knowing what they are really like. :P

I think this was a really good response!
Reply 15
Well, the definition of 'more attractive' is to be easier to be found attractive. If 'league' is based on a scale of attractiveness, it's almost definitional that we would be more likely to like people 'out of our league'.
I think this was a really good response!

Haha, really? As long as it helps then I'm glad.
Reply 17
Most guys are actually attracted to girls who have confidence and how they portray themselves.. I'm sure you are very pretty and would get any guy you would like if you set your mind on it!.. If you are feeling low though about them not taking notice of you, perhaps have a makeover? Do something different with your hair, make up etc. perhaps take up activities? if you don't feel confident about yourself then how are you suppose to get out there and show them guys what they are missing??

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
Well you're bound to like guys that you think are good-looking aren't you. That doesn't mean you haven't got a chance with them purely because you think you're unattractive (when you probably won't be in other people's eyes). A large part of attractiveness is confidence and how you hold yourself. If you walk around with your head held high, keep eye contact with people and feel comfortable in your own skin, people will start to see you as attractive. :smile:

There is no such thing as leagues anyway. Some people, especially a few guys I know, use it as an excuse not to talk to a girl. If you like a guy you see, approach him. If you don't you'll be left wondering what could have been, as cheesy as it sounds.
Reply 19

Why don't you just start up a conversation with them and see where it goes, being able to hold an engaging conversation with someone can be as attractive as physical appearances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending