The Student Room Group

Aqa accn1 jan 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by frandubking
So was I , but praise The Lord I did a draft, they said the bad debt of 4000 was recorded in the sales ledger and not the general ledger. So the figure for debtors was correct, you only had to take 4000 off net profit... Did you get 28000 for net profit ? I hope that's right anyways if not i will be very sad.... But tbh even if you do get it wrong you still get loads of marks for workings

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

It was 5000 for bad debts
Reply 21
I got 37000 for the Balance Sheet... 555 for the Sales Ledger Control Account ....32008 for the Purchases Ledger Control Account, anyone get the same? :smile:
Oh yeh damnnnn hate life

Reply 23
Original post by afzal123
It was 5000 for bad debts

Yeah.

I deducted the £5000 from the trade receivables with it being a bad debt, and didn't touch the net profit... Maybe that's where I went wrong.
Original post by A.Hastings
I got 37000 for the Balance Sheet... 555 for the Sales Ledger Control Account ....32008 for the Purchases Ledger Control Account, anyone get the same? :smile:

i got different for balance sheet but im pretty sure i got the same for purchase and sales ledger control account
Reply 25
Yeah i got 37000 for Bs.....555 as well..got 30 something for purchases ledger! What did you guys get for the net profit in that other question?
Reply 26
Original post by superman17
Yeah.

I deducted the £5000 from the trade receivables with it being a bad debt, and didn't touch the net profit... Maybe that's where I went wrong.

You were meant to deduct £5000 from the net profit and not trade receivables:biggrin:
Reply 27
was there a sales ledger control account of just sales legder?? i did fill out sales ledger account but there wasn't a question on sales ledger control account....

please tell me there wasn't a sales ledger control account!!:frown:
Reply 28
Original post by A.Hastings

same here :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by samiya
was there a sales ledger control account of just sales legder?? i did fill out sales ledger account but there wasn't a question on sales ledger control account....

please tell me there wasn't a sales ledger control account!!:frown:

Q1
Reply 30
I probably failed that big time, even question 1 was a joke.. My inc statement went in to negative figures and bal sheet I forgot the layout :s-smilie:

Reply 31
Original post by superman17
How does it work in terms of marks if your balance sheet doesn't balance at the end? Hope I got a good chunk of the marks, it's out of 27 :/

Was out by £4000 and I couldn't find what I'd done wrong. Very annoying.

I was off by 4K in the top half of the balance sheet too :frown: made the same misrake?
Reply 32
anyone have the mark scheme or answers for ACCN1

Quick Reply