The Student Room Group

OCR G673 SOCIOLOGY UNIT 3 - 17th January 2013

Hello

does anybody have some kind of idea of what sort of questions are going to come up tomorrow? I am literally stuck and i really do not want to fail

thanks

xx

PS FORGOT TO MENTION I AM DOING CRIME AND DEVIANCE
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
my teacher thinks ethnicity might! I have not revised enough for this, feel a retake coming on in summer!!
x
Reply 2
my teacher thinks one of the essay ones will be globalisation.. the one thing i havnt revised much on! :s
Reply 3
just saw you're doing crime and deviance, wrong one! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Jordiebabes
my teacher thinks ethnicity might! I have not revised enough for this, feel a retake coming on in summer!!
x

I am actually ****ting myself im really unprepared :frown:
Reply 5
My teacher's been saying how at this point any topic could come up because they've asked (almost) every type of question since the new specification came out. I've got a list of every single past question and it doesn't look like they repeat questions 2 exams in a row, but who knows they might do so this year?
I've been focusing my revision on Realist views of crime and deviance, Methods of Measuring Crime (victim surveys hasn't come up yet), Functionalism, Interactionism, Marxism, Ethnicity, Age, Location, Gender, Social Construction and Solutions.

In June 2012 the questions were about Left Realist solutions to crime, Feminist explanations and Victimisation patterns. Jan 2012 questions were Official Statistics, Subcultural explanations and Mass Media in Social Construction.

Not sure if you'll find this useful or not but good luck for tomorrow!
Reply 6
Original post by ChantelleF
My teacher's been saying how at this point any topic could come up because they've asked (almost) every type of question since the new specification came out. I've got a list of every single past question and it doesn't look like they repeat questions 2 exams in a row, but who knows they might do so this year?
I've been focusing my revision on Realist views of crime and deviance, Methods of Measuring Crime (victim surveys hasn't come up yet), Functionalism, Interactionism, Marxism, Ethnicity, Age, Location, Gender, Social Construction and Solutions.

In June 2012 the questions were about Left Realist solutions to crime, Feminist explanations and Victimisation patterns. Jan 2012 questions were Official Statistics, Subcultural explanations and Mass Media in Social Construction.

is anyone doing education?? .. if so.. what kind of questions dou think are going to come up?? :frown:
Reply 7

thanks x :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by sim-s1
is anyone doing education?? .. if so.. what kind of questions dou think are going to come up?? :frown:

I think there are other threads for sociology of education xx
I'm nervous :frown:

I only realised today that I missed input on Castles and Kosack so I really hope ethnicity doesn't come up, but at least it's an afternoon exam so I'm going to spend the morning cramming.

I don't think I'd feel very confident with Marxism either wah I definitely do not feel prepared, gendered crime or victimisation would be nice though.

Good luck guys
Reply 10
Original post by sim-s1

I'm doing education :smile: in the June 2012 one there was Functionalism, Policy since 1988 and erm, I can't remember the other one :')

I reckon it may be Marxist for theory if you're going for that :smile:

I want to do policy & differential achievement :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Jessers_
I'm doing education :smile: in the June 2012 one there was Functionalism, Policy since 1988 and erm, I can't remember the other one :')

I reckon it may be Marxist for theory if you're going for that :smile:

I want to do policy & differential achievement :smile:

hey!! erm i think it was functionalism and gender.. i really hope marxism come up .. but i have a sneaky suspiction an interactionist question may come up as that hasnt come up im a while!! .. i really hope it doesnt cus im not not confident init.. i hope the policy and differential achievement comes up for u!
Reply 12
Social construction of crime, right realism & ethicnicity my teacher thinks... Remember you only have to answer 2 out of the3 xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13

Original post by 3rachiii
Social construction of crime, right realism & ethicnicity my teacher thinks... Remember you only have to answer 2 out of the3 xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is anyone doing education??? What are your predictions.
Reply 14
Im doing education in June. They normally have a question on education, another on methods, and then methods and education together
Those questions were a godsend! Hadn't revised much for this exam, got off lucky with the topics that came up!
Reply 16
Original post by Thatstudentdude
Those questions were a godsend! Hadn't revised much for this exam, got off lucky with the topics that came up!

They were weren't they?! I must have wasted about 5 minutes just deciding which two to do lol
They were weren't they?! I must have wasted about 5 minutes just deciding which two to do lol

Haha which two did you do in the end? I did one and three for Crime and Deviance!
Original post by Thatstudentdude
Haha which two did you do in the end? I did one and three for Crime and Deviance!

What do you mean by you doing one question and three for crime and deviance? You are only supposed to do two 50 marks questions out of 3 which ever topic you chose.
Original post by Bengali Mafia
What do you mean by you doing one question and three for crime and deviance? You are only supposed to do two 50 marks questions out of 3 which ever topic you chose.

Read again... I said I did one and three for Crime and Deviance. Question one and three. I'm well aware of the format! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending