Original post by Maryb_101
Lol my exams are over! Wooooooooooooooo

exam was good today?
Original post by Warlord
exam was good today?

No comment. Im just glad their over.

No comment. Im just glad their over.

That doesnt really sound positive... Its better to do them now then possibly resit in June no? Anyway, they are done for you, lets move on haha.
whoever is good at science can you please answer this for me:
Which activity has had the biggest effect - human or natural and WHY?
:smile:
Original post by Armani786

I don't understand the question? Are you asking whether it's hard-work or natural ability that determines whether you do well in the sciences?

My answer would be both. I've seen people who work incredibly hard fail because they unfortunately just don't have it in them, and I've seen people with incredible natural ability fail due to not putting the work in.

You need a bit of both.
Reply 2385

Could you rephrase the question? Slightly confusing lol

Are you talking about nature/nurture??
Original post by Hippysnake
I don't understand the question? Are you asking whether it's hard-work or natural ability that determines whether you do well in the sciences?

My answer would be both. I've seen people who work incredibly hard fail because they unfortunately just don't have it in them, and I've seen people with incredible natural ability fail due to not putting the work in.

You need a bit of both.

No, sorry i didn't make it clear but i meant: Has human activity such as using energy (oil), pollution, powerstations-fossil fuel nuclear etc... or natural activity such as earthquakes, volcanoes...---- which of these has had a big effect on our Earth/enviroment? And why?:smile:
No, sorry i didn't make it clear but i meant: Has human activity such as using energy (oil), pollution, powerstations-fossil fuel nuclear etc... or natural activity such as earthquakes, volcanoes...---- which of these has had a big effect on our Earth/enviroment? And why?:smile:

Long term: Us (pollution etc)
Short term: We aint got jack on a volcano or an earthquake, know what I'm saying?
Original post by Zeegie

Has human activity or natural activity had a big effect on the enviroment and WHY?
Human activity e.g. pollution -transport, not organic farming, powerstations-fossil nuclear.

Natural activity e.g. earthquakes, volcanoes etc.
Long term: Us (pollution etc)
Short term: We aint got jack on a volcano or an earthquake, know what I'm saying?

Yeah cool! Thanks for your help.:biggrin:

You need a bit of both.

This aplies only to sciences imo. You cant have one or the other, you need both. For nearly every other subject, having one of the two abilities is enough I think. But then the sciences are regarded as the hardest subjects for a reason.
Reply 2391
Has human activity or natural activity had a big effect on the enviroment and WHY?
Human activity e.g. pollution -transport, not organic farming, powerstations-fossil nuclear.

Natural activity e.g. earthquakes, volcanoes etc.

Ahhhhh rigggghhtttt....

Well natural activity has always existed, right from the start. Global warming is a natural process which existed way before humans even came into the picture....the Earth's atmosphere was pretty different to what it is now, due to things like volcanic eruptions etc....

Human activity has definitely caused an impact on the environment and may even have increased the problems for the environment since industrial revolution for example....

However, one must consider that a correlation between increased use of cars and transport and pollution etc may not have actually caused environmental problems....we do not know for sure if global warming and other environmental problems would stop if we all got rid of cars and stopped using electricity or whatever....as some of these processes have been a natural part of the Earth's cycle.

Look up some graphs on google about CO2 levels in the atmosphere and how they have changed or repeated over the centuries....

I very much doubt there is a clear cut answer to your qs lol

Hope it helps :biggrin:
Original post by Zeegie

Had any exams today?
Reply 2393
Original post by Warlord
Had any exams today?

Nooo thank god :smile: Spent the whole afternoon in the computer room like a chron, doing a maths past paper.....wanted to go to the gym but any physical activity is banned until my Jan exams are over...according to my mother lol :biggrin:

Thank god only one left :smile:

Have you just got the Chem 5 left now?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Zeegie
Ahhhhh rigggghhtttt....

Well natural activity has always existed, right from the start. Global warming is a natural process which existed way before humans even came into the picture....the Earth's atmosphere was pretty different to what it is now, due to things like volcanic eruptions etc....

Human activity has definitely caused an impact on the environment and may even have increased the problems for the environment since industrial revolution for example....

However, one must consider that a correlation between increased use of cars and transport and pollution etc may not have actually caused environmental problems....we do not know for sure if global warming and other environmental problems would stop if we all got rid of cars and stopped using electricity or whatever....as some of these processes have been a natural part of the Earth's cycle.

Look up some graphs on google about CO2 levels in the atmosphere and how they have changed or repeated over the centuries....

I very much doubt there is a clear cut answer to your qs lol

Hope it helps :biggrin:

Thank youuuuu soooo much! From the bottom of my heart i thank you... this has helped me. God bless you!:smile:
Reply 2395
Thank youuuuu soooo much! From the bottom of my heart i thank you... this has helped me. God bless you!:smile:

Ooofff lol :biggrin: okay hahahah welcks :wink:
Original post by Zeegie
Ooofff lol :biggrin: okay hahahah welcks :wink:

:adore:
Original post by Zeegie
Nooo thank god :smile: Spent the whole afternoon in the computer room like a chron, doing a maths past paper.....wanted to go to the gym but any physical activity is banned until my Jan exams are over...according to my mother lol :biggrin:

Thank god only one left :smile:

Have you just got the Chem 5 left now?

Just chem 5, yep. I think everyone here will be finished by friday barring us :smile:
Lol my exams are over! Wooooooooooooooo

:ditto:

:woo:
Reply 2399
Original post by Warlord
Just chem 5, yep. I think everyone here will be finished by friday barring us :smile:

:frown:

The people at my school who finished yesterday are wasting no time in rubbing it in others' faces.....

Latest

Trending

Trending