The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Anderson :adore:
Reply 641
Nice goal. Lovely pass from Anderson and the perfect first touch from Hernandez.
Great ball by Anderson, unselfish from Hernandez hope Welbeck was watching that.
Reply 643
Possibly just offside? But what a pass from Anderson. :coma:
Original post by IanLim93
Great ball by Anderson, unselfish from Hernandez hope Welbeck was watching that.

Just what I was gonna say......
Reply 645
We have Nani back but unfortunately we don't have the old Nani back.
For a line-up that includes players not playing regularly and others coming back from injury, WHU are giving us an excellent opportunity to get the rust off by providing acres of space. Anderson has been good, some incisive passes forward inc. the one for the goal. Rooney, despite his goal looks abit off the pace with his passing but positive signs at the end with his shot saved by Jaaskelainen. Just need to up the tempo and get a few goals early. Rooney probably come off at around 70mins.

Original post by qasidb

I wouldn't say that just yet. He, aswell as others, are coming back from injury but I would say that he has until the end of the season to find his old, consistent self. Gill has said the Zaha transfer is one we're looking at, but might wait till the summer. Which I find weird as I could forsee Arsenal, who as Wenger recently admitted had cash to burn (doesn't he always that lol) might make a swoop on him and reportedly he supports Arsenal.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 647
Original post by qasidb

He has still been ten times more threatening than 90% of the Valencia we have seen this season.

Anderson just looks drunk, most of the time he gets the ball he runs with it and tries to literally run through one of their players.
Original post by Abiraleft
Possibly just offside? But what a pass from Anderson. :coma:

Looked just on to me, but my eyes aren't what they used to be :redface:
Reply 649
Original post by manupalace
Looked just on to me, but my eyes aren't what they used to be :redface:

Oh it might have been, it was pretty hard to tell. :yep:
Original post by Tommyjw
He has still been ten times more threatening than 90% of the Valencia we have seen this season.

Anderson just looks drunk, most of the time he gets the ball he runs with it and tries to literally run through one of their players.

I don't think his first touch helps him as at times, it can be heavy. We have created a few more chances in the second half and would like to see us get another goal.
Reply 651
Giggs is running this game. Running it. He is a class above everyone atm.

I expected a lot worse in a midfield two, even with the poor west ham line-up, tbh
Reply 652
Rooney what's going on ?
Reply 653
and that is why van persie should be the designated penalty taker
How many penalties has Rooney missed this season?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 655
Original post by Stopmessing
How many penalties has Rooney missed this season?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Rooney: 17/26 career pens. 65%. Average across all football is around 90%

He is a poor penalty tacker
Reply 656
Michael Carrick is an incredible player, the difference when he came on was immense. Calmed it down so much. Saw us through today, along with Giggs.
Reply 657
Original post by Tommyjw
Giggs is running this game. Running it. He is a class above everyone atm.

I expected a lot worse in a midfield two, even with the poor west ham line-up, tbh

Any one else think Giggs will beat Murinho to the job?
Reply 658
Giggs.. one of the best individual performances i've seen from our team all season tbh, a weak west ham team or not.

Glad Jones + Smalling did well, Rafael had his usual top class performance. Nani did more in 80 minutes than Valencia did in the past two months.
Reply 659
If SAF moaned like Allardyce just did the media would have his ****ing head.

Latest