The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8120
Original post by Christien

I read a book about the guy this is based on a few years ago and Michael Shannon is exactly the kind of creepy needed for it.

Ooh, I like the look of that. :holmes:
Original post by Christien

I read a book about the guy this is based on a few years ago and Michael Shannon is exactly the kind of creepy needed for it.

You are right, I remember seeing him in some movie and he was such a total creep. Don't remember which one though.
Is Allison (Kay Panabaker) in Little Birds gay?

Watching it right now and somehow she likes Lily just a little too much.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I do the same with Zooey Deschanel, going as far as to suffer through the abominable film, 'Your Highness'. I've watched the pilot for New Girl too, though not gone any further into that show, I've heard it's terrible.

Mehh. It's pretty standard fare for an American sitcom. There's nothing particularly special about it, but in comparison to its contemporary equivalents, it's not all that bad. If you're looking for intelligent, sharp humour obviously 'New Girl' isn't going to cut it but as a brainless watch it can be alright. If 'Two and a Half Men' is a 1996 Fiat Punto and 'Fresh Meat' is a 2010 BMW M5, I'd say 'New Girl' is a 2000 Ford Fiesta.
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
Mehh. It's pretty standard fare for an American sitcom. There's nothing particularly special about it, but in comparison to its contemporary equivalents, it's not all that bad. If you're looking for intelligent, sharp humour obviously 'New Girl' isn't going to cut it but as a brainless watch it can be alright. If 'Two and a Half Men' is a 1996 Fiat Punto and 'Fresh Meat' is a 2010 BMW M5, I'd say 'New Girl' is a 2000 Ford Fiesta.

I'd say New Girl is a Nissan Figaro - loved by hipsters for its aesthetic, but it's so cynically targeted at its demographic in such a soulless fashion that it ends up a bit bland.
Original post by Svenjamin
I'd say New Girl is a Nissan Figaro - loved by hipsters for its aesthetic, but it's so cynically targeted at its demographic in such a soulless fashion that it ends up a bit bland.

Seriously, who cares, Schmidt is hilarious and Cece is hot. If you're bored for 20 minutes, watch it.
I was looking forward to the new Sin City film, actually. Now, though...
Reply 8127
Original post by PoGo HoPz
I was looking forward to the new Sin City film, actually. Now, though...

You're not? What changed?
Most news we've heard about it is promising, I'd feared it'd never get round to being made!
Original post by Mo-Amin
You're not? What changed?
Most news we've heard about it is promising, I'd feared it'd never get round to being made!

Well Quentin Tarantino won't be special guest directing this one, which is a shame. Plus there's loads of actors/actresses who won't be in it, such as Clive Owen, Michael Clarke Duncan, Devon Aoki etc. who I thought were all exceptional in their roles within the first one. Those are just some of the reasons, anyway...
Just saw Silver Linings Playbook. I really loved it, the two performances were amazing.

But, was Tiffany really 'crazy'?
Reply 8130
Original post by danny111
Just saw Silver Linings Playbook. I really loved it, the two performances were amazing.

Not crazy in my opinion, just suffering from depression.
Reply 8131
Original post by PoGo HoPz
Well Quentin Tarantino won't be special guest directing this one, which is a shame. Plus there's loads of actors/actresses who won't be in it, such as Clive Owen, Michael Clarke Duncan, Devon Aoki etc. who I thought were all exceptional in their roles within the first one. Those are just some of the reasons, anyway...

Tarantino only directed one scene (the car with Clive Owen and Benicio Del Toro) in the first, so that's hardly a reason not to see it to me.

Yeah it's kinda sad there won't be some returning faces but I'm still super excited for it.

According to Wikipedia (ye) it'll feature both Josh Brolin AND Clive Owen playing pre and post Dwight but we'll see.
Original post by aja89
Not crazy in my opinion, just suffering from depression.

That's what I thought, and why Pat says "to meet my crazy you had to do something crazy yourself".
Original post by Mo-Amin
Tarantino only directed one scene (the car with Clive Owen and Benicio Del Toro) in the first, so that's hardly a reason not to see it to me.

That's my favourite scene, tbh.
Reply 8134
This looks interesting.

[video="youtube;2m9IFlz2iYo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m9IFlz2iYo[/video]
Reply 8135
Original post by danny111

I loved it too :biggrin:
Original post by Deshi
This looks interesting.

I can't stand Matthew Mahogany. I'll probably watch this for Michael Shannon who's an awesome actor.
Reply 8137
Original post by Deshi
This looks interesting.

Oh yes, I heard about this. :holmes:

Strange how Matthew McConaughey suddenly seems to be doing critically lauded roles!
Really enjoyed Django Unchained last night.

Thought that Waltz was superb!
Original post by SirMasterKey
Really enjoyed Django Unchained last night.

Thought that Waltz was superb!

That is because he is superb!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending