The Student Room Group

Edexcel Chemistry AS Unit 2- 16th January 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flightlessbirds
I also put butanamine and I googled it when I got home and apparently it's the same thing as butylamine so hopefully we get a mark :smile: and yes I put the Ea one for that

Posted from TSR Mobile

the bond angle was 104.5.....non linear shape
sorry it was 119.5 for the first one then 104.5
does anyone have access to the paper ?? if yes could you please send it to me ?? thanks !! :smile:
Reply 143
Original post by mrcool1995

do you think 107 will be alright for the 1st one :O
Reply 144
was the answer about the branches alkane having a lower bp than the straight chain one, due to weaker london forces due to fewer points of contact on the branched one ... omg idk ??? :smile: thanks
i dont think so...cos it was 3 electron pairs and one of them was a lone pair...therefore that is 120....did u put 104.5 for second?
Reply 146
was the answer about the branches alkane having a lower bp than the straight chain one, due to weaker london forces due to fewer points of contact on the branched one ... omg idk ??? :smile: thanks
Original post by flightlessbirds
I also put butanamine and I googled it when I got home and apparently it's the same thing as butylamine so hopefully we get a mark :smile: and yes I put the Ea one for that

Posted from TSR Mobile

i was so lost on this question i thought omg is it butanamine or butaneamine or butanamide lol i put butanamine in the end :tongue:
Reply 147

I got that too. Put <120 for the first one which is what my text book says so hope that's ok.
I found the paper to be fairer than unit 1 last week. Interesting not a single definition asked for on either though - they must be phasing that out or something?
grade boundaries anyone?
Reply 149
i dont think so...cos it was 3 electron pairs and one of them was a lone pair...therefore that is 120....did u put 104.5 for second?

but isnt trigonal planar 3 bond pairs and no lone pairs

it was 2 bond pairs and 1 lone pair wasnt it ?
becasue it was c-c-c
each c has 4 electrons in the outer shell
so it forms single bonds with the other 2 c's leaving a lone pair of e's on the middle carbon so 2 bond pairs and 1 lone pair
but yeah i see - i think you are right :tongue:
yeah i put 104.5 for the 2nd one :smile:
grade boundaries anyone?
i
its usually about 63 for an A right ? i dont think it will change much tbh
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 150
what mechanism were we supposed to draw? and was it for the straight chain halogenoalkane with Br at the end or the branched one with I?
How did everyone find the paper? How did you found it compared to unit 4?
Reply 152
Original post by David Tennant
How did everyone find the paper? How did you found it compared to unit 4?

it was easier than unit 4 i think.... unit 4 really screwed me over :~(
how'd you find it ?
Original post by jojo1995
but isnt trigonal planar 3 bond pairs and no lone pairs

it was 2 bond pairs and 1 lone pair wasnt it ?
becasue it was c-c-c
each c has 4 electrons in the outer shell
so it forms single bonds with the other 2 c's leaving a lone pair of e's on the middle carbon so 2 bond pairs and 1 lone pair
but yeah i see - i think you are right :tongue:
yeah i put 104.5 for the 2nd one :smile:
i
its usually about 63 for an A right ? i dont think it will change much tbh

It was bonded to 2 carbons and 1 hydrogen so it just had one electron not bonded. It was also in a hexagonal shape so maths shows the angle is 120
Reply 154
Original post by xxrebeccabexixx
It was bonded to 2 carbons and 1 hydrogen so it just had one electron not bonded. It was also in a hexagonal shape so maths shows the angle is 120

okay, i didnt see a hydrogen, i guess i didnt read the q properly... thanks
Reply 155
can someone please post all of the answers
Reply 156
Original post by Dxtremo
can someone please post all of the answers
yes
Reply 157
what did u guys draw for the skeletal formula
Reply 158
wasnt the Mg0 in the multiple choice and I put something like the collision are more or something cant remember...
Reply 159
Original post by Holly246
wasnt the Mg0 in the multiple choice and I put something like the collision are more or something cant remember...

i PUT DOWN the stuff about energy
it was in the MC :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending