The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2360
Original post by dent2012
im applying as a home student. I've applied to plymouth, glasgow, aberdeen, and liverpool. So far, I've only heard back from glasgow, which is where I want to study. So, I have an interview there on 2nd Feb..Nervous!!!! I live in Manchester - good city to live in :smile: Good luck with your application mate!

Thanks man. I hope we will get offers eventually :smile:
I wish you good luck with your application too!
Original post by Crazy Paving
:love: woo

Are you watching the Walking Dead series? (A guess seeing as you have a zombie movie trailer in your sig) :biggrin:
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
Are you watching the Walking Dead series? (A guess seeing as you have a zombie movie trailer in your sig) :biggrin:

No, but I am watching you. :colone:
Original post by Crazy Paving
No, but I am watching you. :colone:

why?
Because I can.
Reply 2365
why?

You are being watched. The government has a secret system, a machine that spies on you every hour of every day. I know because I built it. I designed the machine to detect acts of terror but it sees everything. Violent crimes involving ordinary people, people like you. Crimes the government considered "irrelevant." They wouldn't act, so I decided I would. But I needed a partner, someone with the skills to intervene. Hunted by the authorities, we work in secret. You'll never find us, but victim or perpetrator, if your number's up... we'll find YOU.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Egos
You are being watched. The government has a secret system, a machine that spies on you every hour of every day. I know because I built it. I designed the machine to detect acts of terror but it sees everything. Violent crimes involving ordinary people, people like you. Crimes the government considered "irrelevant." They wouldn't act, so I decided I would. But I needed a partner, someone with the skills to intervene. Hunted by the authorities, we work in secret. You'll never find us, but victim or perpetrator, if your number's up... we'll find YOU.

I guess it's quite flattering that I was deemed important enough to watch at all hours of the day? :dontknow:
There really aren't that many Turkish people on TSR, yet > 100 pages... :s-smilie:
Original post by Sgt.Incontro
There really aren't that many Turkish people on TSR, yet > 100 pages... :s-smilie:

Probably because there aren't that many Turkish people (in Britain) who go into university education as most of them are thick as potato wedges.
Original post by RamocitoMorales
Probably because there aren't that many Turkish people (in Britain) who go into university education as most of them are thick as potato wedges.

Or maybe because it isn't the easiest thing in the world for non-EU citizens to emigrate to the UK?

Are you Turkish by the way?
Or maybe because it isn't the easiest thing in the world for non-EU citizens to emigrate to the UK?

What's that got to do with anything? :lolwut:

There are estimated to be 500,000 people of Turkish origin living in the UK.

Sgt.Incontro
Are you Turkish by the way?

Yes, but once again: 'what's that got to do with anything?'

Do you even live in the UK? Because if you did I doubt you'd be asking such absurd questions.
What's that got to do with anything? :lolwut:

There are estimated to be 500,000 people of Turkish origin living in the UK.

Yes, but once again: 'what's that got to do with anything?'

Do you even live in the UK? Because if you did I doubt you'd be asking such absurd questions.

Yes I do.

And why are you acting so arrogant mate? Had a bad day?
Reply 2372

Only about 20 at my uni. Maybe less. :holmes: About 80% are PhD's who've come over from the best university in Turkey.

Most turkish students are at lower-end universities (namely, Hertfordshire et al.) in and around London. A lot drop out after secondary school and college aswell. There just seem to be much of a educational ethos in the Turkish culture, compared to other cultures.

What are you talking about? :lolwut:

Akkuz
Only about 20 at my uni. Maybe less.

I could count the amount in mine with one hand.

Akkuz
Most turkish students are at lower-end universities (namely, Hertfordshire et al.) in and around London.

Yes, because they have no interest in broadening their horizons and a limited scope of ambition.

Akkuz
A lot drop out after secondary school and college aswell.

Indeed.

Akkuz
There just doesn't seem to be much of a educational ethos in the Turkish culture, compared to other cultures.

I don't think it's 'Turkish culture', but rather 'Turkish ghetto culture' which is prevalent among the youth (as hard as the parents try).
All the turks in our generation who I know personally have gone to universities, and good ones too, although I agree that there seem to be a lot of the ghetto folk banging around in London who aren't so interested in education

:sigh: He's always like that.
:sigh: He's always like that.

Oh...

And I thought I had already met the worst of his type... :rolleyes:

Thanks for letting me know. :smile:
Reply 2377
Anyone studying at the Uni of Manchester?
Just found this thread, yay go Turkey and Turks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys! I've finally decided to become a member of TSR instead of only reading:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest