The Student Room Group

Sum up modern Britain in one image!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Joinedup
he went to a fee charging independent school fwiw.

Relevance?

Ignorance is not limited to non-independent schools.
Reply 42

for the negs; i'm not saying it's a good thing. Blaire made us America's bitch. And I hate that.

Also there are too many American programs on our TV and I hate that people relate to them so much and think that's the way we should be.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by The_Last_Melon

dat awkwardness
97621764_traffic_224978c.jpg
EDIT: Why's there 2 pictures??
(edited 11 years ago)
tea_cup_small.jpg
Reply 46
Just you know disregard the flying cars in this picture.

Reply 47
Original post by Snagprophet

Good one.

England = Britain?
Original post by tehforum
Good one.

England = Britain?

He's probably trying to get at that everyone wants to leave the union but the English.
Original post by Welsh_insomniac
He's probably trying to get at that everyone wants to leave the union but the English.

Mainly a Briton is over three times more likely to be English than any other nationality, causing the UK to be referred to as England, English culture and people representing most of the British identity. When was the last time you thought of kilts as British?
Original post by Snagprophet
Mainly a Briton is over three times more likely to be English than any other nationality, causing the UK to be referred to as England, English culture and people representing most of the British identity. When was the last time you thought of kilts as British?

I can't remember the last time I thought of kilts at all to be honest :p: But yes you are right in what you say. Since its creation, Great Britain has long been referred to (by outside nations) as England, so it isn't surprising that internally many people don't symbolise Britain with kilts.
To the victor the spoils (London riots)

looter-basmati-2.jpg
Due to the infestation with right wingers in this thread, balance is needed:

Original post by py0alb
The biggest problem with society is all the people convinced there is a problem with society.

It ain't perfect, our present government is **** for example, but its still the best country in the world to live in.

Its the playground of the rich, a great place to be middle class, and there are many, many worse places to be poor.

Best country in the world, my arse.
Reply 54
Reply 55

Good choice, exemplifies our proud qualities of free speech and tolerance for eccentrics. :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by Harry Callahan
Best country in the world, my arse.

Where did you type this from then?
Reply 57
coke_cat_freak.jpg
Original post by py0alb
Where did you type this from then?

So we're a better country to live in than Germany, Canada, Japan, Norway, Switzerland, Holland, France, etc., are we?
Original post by py0alb
Good choice, exemplifies our proud qualities of free speech and tolerance for eccentrics. :smile:
Yeah, like this guy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending