The Student Room Group

UCAS 2013: discuss your decisions *here**

Scroll to see replies

4 offers, waiting for one more, applied on the 13th December :smile:
Reply 281
Original post by cl_steele
3; QMUL, Nottingham and Leeds just waiting on UCL and York... applied mid October :smile:
apply for law by any chance?
Reply 282
Original post by jonchoongqx
Let me guess.. For Law? :biggrin:
that;s what i thought too...im guessing you've applied to law?
Original post by omaralr
apply for law by any chance?

You're the second person to ask that... But no history and russian for ucl and notting and ir for the rest. May I ask why you thought law?
Reply 284
It's unknown, sorry!
Reply 285
4 offers, 1 rejection :-)
Applied 13th Dec.
Reply 286
Original post by theultimatestar
[INDENT]Application sent: Early November
Uni: University of Warwick
Course: Economics
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional offer
Offer Grades: AAAB with A in math
Date Offer Received: 10th Jan 2013
Reaction: Jumping around the house!!!!
[/INDENT]

A in Maths? No A* in the offer?! Well done!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 287
0 so far, applied on Monday so not worried at all. Yet.
Applied on October 8th

4 offers for English Literature (Oxford, UCL, Sussex, Exeter-Cornwall Campus)
And a rejection from Warwick :biggrin:
Original post by omaralr
that;s what i thought too...im guessing you've applied to law?

Yes, indeed. You too?

Original post by cl_steele
You're the second person to ask that... But no history and russian for ucl and notting and ir for the rest. May I ask why you thought law?

your university selections are famous for Law.
Original post by Alice_95
Application sent: 14th November
Uni: Southampton
Course: Child Nursing
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Rejection
Date Received: 28/11/12
Reaction: Devastated as they were my first choice! Cried for about an hour. Appealed but this failed.

Uni:
Nottingham
Course:
Child Nursing
Decision [Offer/Rejection]:
Rejection
Date Received:
10/12/12
Reaction: Really upset!

Uni: Surrey
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Rejection
Date Received: 17/12/12
Reaction: Nobody wants me!!!!:frown:

Uni: KCL
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: OFFER!!!
Offer: Pass International Baccalaureate with 32 points overall, with 5 in HL Biology
Date Received: 20/12/12
Reaction: Was so nervous after selection day that I couldn't sleep for days. I squealed and bounced around the house for about five minutes! I smiled for the rest of the day. I am wanted!!!

Now just waiting for my Manchester interview in January!! :biggrin:

Just to say Kings have around 600 applicants for Child Nursing and only make 45 offers! So you must have done brilliantly - its a far greater university than your other (silly for rejecting you) choices !

Well done :smile:
Reply 291
3 unconditional offers from Exeter (History with Study Abroad), Nottingham (History) and KCL (War Studies).

Applied 27th of November.

Just completing my questionnaire for UCL, and still waiting on Edinburgh.

Best of luck everyone!
(edited 11 years ago)
1 unconditional offer, 4 rejection. Firmed my offer this week. Off to Bedfordshire university in September to study sport and physical education.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 293
Original post by Bobilina
Application sent: 10th October
Uni: University of Nottingham
Course: Maths
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Offer
Offer Grades: A*BB/AAB
Date Offer Received: 16th January
Reaction: Can't actually believe it, they even reduced my offer for some reason!!! SO SO THRILLED!!!! :biggrin:

Congrats!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
1 unconditional offer from Bristol (International Relations) and waiting for all the other ones. Applied 17th of December
1 conditional from Bristol, haven't heard back from anywhere else yet.
Two offers (Liverpool and JMU), one rejection (Manchester), waiting for two replies (Leeds and Chester)

Applied 18th December
Original post by Noonoo
I'm waiting for an Oxbridge decision which, if I'm honest, I know will be a rejection. I'm hoping to do politics and international relations. My gut feeling uni on visiting was Birmingham and I have an offer from Bristol already too. I love the Brum campus and the feel of the place, huge library and the staff I met were great. Anyone got any ideas about whether you should go for the higher up the league table uni for prestige (and I knw I bristol great, and I would no doubt enjoy it) over somewhere that feels right in your heart? I think it's the campus thing too I like, the thought of everything and everyone being around........any advice?

I visited Birmingham last year and absolutely loved the campus, and whilst there, I thought yes, this is it, this is where I'm meant to be. But I had other offers from Nottingham, UCL and Exeter. I ended up going for Nottingham simply because it was higher in the league tables, even though I hadn't visited it or the city. I ended up dropping out a, partly because I didn't like the feel of the university and I wasn't particularly keen on the city! So I would definitely suggest going for the uni that feels right over the uni that is higher in the league tables. Birmingham is still an excellent, redbrick university with a great reputation, and it's more important what you do with your time at university than what university you go to :smile:
Reply 298
2 offers, 3 pending and applied 12th January x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 299
5 offers; Oxford, LSE, UCL, Durham, Birmingham for Law, sent late-September :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending