The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Isn't that about 5 missed penalties from Rooney this season now?
Not the best of performances but a win is a win and it's great to have Nani and Rooney Back :biggrin: Not sure what's happened to Valencia this season.... I want the number 25 Valencia from last season back.
Reply 662
Anderson for me looked great first half, definitely has the potential and shows good signs.

Rooney scored early on and was good at points missed a penalty however and wasn't as influential as I'd like.

Nani, well Nani was Nani, dangerous yet frustrating, countless of times he beat his man and took the wrong option of shooting from way out or having a tame shot, and his final ball wasn't good as well, the one good thing was his movement always looking to get the ball and trying to get involved in the game much more than Valencia and had to produce great defending to have his shot saved from what seemed to be a goal.

Overall average game that Giggs bossed around
Original post by Tommyjw
If SAF moaned like Allardyce just did the media would have his ****ing head.

I didn't see the Rafael incident, was it similar to the one when we got the penalty?
Reply 664
Jones was brilliant today, won almost every aerial battle and dribbled it out from the back a couple of times, playing at cm as helped him a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 665
Original post by Brainiac
Jones was brilliant today, won almost every aerial battle and dribbled it out from the back a couple of times, playing at cm as helped him a lot.

Its helped him not so much with his bringing it out, which he's always had, but more his passing game. I imagine Jones will play alongside Smalling a lot of times in the future, and for all of Smalling's qualities he's not particularly good on the ball, he has a heavy first touch and generally looks clumsy. It's nice to have someone good in possession back there, we've been spoiled with Rio, Evans is great is that regard too and hopefully Jones adds it to his game.

It's an underrated quality really, having a ball playing CB can actually go some way to negate the need for a Pirlo/Alonso style deep playmaker.
Reply 666
David johnson (@KingJonno12) seems to have knowledge into someone we will be signing.

- Championship player - "Not zaha but a player coming from championship"
- Plays all blue - "Nope but the team play in blue,all am sayin"

Not exactly a massive thing to get excited about, given it is a championship player, but still!
Reply 667
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/picturegalleries/9808659/Premier-Leagues-worst-penalty-takers.html?frame=2454476

Rooney, Young and RVP are statistically in the top 10 for worst penalty takers in the league. Was shocked at the latter's inclusion. RVP's technique is the best out of all three though, so maybe he's just been unlucky. Either way, it needs sorting. All our penalty misses this season have come in victories but that won't always be the case..
Reply 668
#MUFC confirm that Darren Fletcher will miss the remainder of the 2012/13 season after undergoing surgery to resolve his ulcerative colitis.
Original post by Tommyjw
#MUFC confirm that Darren Fletcher will miss the remainder of the 2012/13 season after undergoing surgery to resolve his ulcerative colitis.

I hope he recovers fully and is allowed some privacy. Perhaps there may be some men with the condition who will seek medical help and not feel embarrassed, because a well-known footballer has been diagnosed and receiving treatment. Similar in a way to the increased number of women who sought breast cancer screening after Kylie Minogue's cancer diagnosis a few years ago.
(edited 11 years ago)
Seemed kind of inevitable. Interesting wording though, resolve, sound like a solution which I didn't think was on the cards, I though it was more a condition that needed to be managed.
I think it is an illness that affects everyone differently. I think I remember Steve Redgrave and Lewis Moody had the same sort of illness and Redgrave worked with it through part of his career. I really do hope he will recover and play some part in the future. I really do believe he could be a great Scotland manager in the future too.
Reply 672
Victor Valdes isn't renewing his contract that expires in 2014. Hope they don't come swooping in for De Gea. Likely they may go for ter stegan i guess
(edited 11 years ago)
Thoughts and prayers with Fletch, hope the operation is a success. I think it is very good that his privacy has been pretty much respected, although most media organisations do tend to stick to non-reporting of issues of a sensitive nature.
Reply 674
Original post by doggyfizzel
Seemed kind of inevitable. Interesting wording though, resolve, sound like a solution which I didn't think was on the cards, I though it was more a condition that needed to be managed.

Is it crohn's he has? If so there isn't an actual cure.
The club's current and past legends decorated in art. The first one has gone as my desktop wallpaper. Reminded me of that street art that was done for the derby, liked that aswell.
Original post by Aky786UK
The club's current and past legends decorated in art. The first one has gone as my desktop wallpaper. Reminded me of that street art that was done for the derby, liked that aswell.

Well, that's my new laptop and iPhone wallpaper sorted, thanks!
Original post by Idle
Is it crohn's he has? If so there isn't an actual cure.

It's ulcerative colitis, similar to Crohn's in that it is an inflammatory bowel disease that isn't curable. So yes, there is no cure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 678
Awful news about Fletch. Wish him well in his recovery
Original post by manupalace
It's ulcerative colitis, similar to Crohn's in that it is an inflammatory bowel disease that isn't curable. So yes, there is no cure

Posted from TSR Mobile

****. My brother had the same condition. It took him years to recover, he's lucky he got it when he was young. I wouldn't wish that condition on the worst of people.

Anyway, Fletcher will probably do an abidal. He won't play many games anymore if he comes back. It takes years to fully recover.

Latest