The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2580
Original post by Future_Dr
Hey Revent.. can I ask you an biological question?

Shoot.
Original post by Revent
:laugh: You have no idea what the end result was :mmm: One relative was saying stuff about how I called THEM and their whole family whores and full of harami's :mmm: idgaf but it's my mum who starts giving me soooo much ****. Plus, being the eldest and all that, I get even more **** cos I'm meant to be a good example. On top of that, I get even more blame when the little ones do anything wrong because I was a bad influence. blah blah blah

Exactly! It's soo bloody annoying! My cousin, she wanted to do med, got rejected and she ended up getting 3B's but has it in her to call me an idiot :laugh: She ended up going to Pakistan this September on a high horse saying she's gonna be doing Med there whilst I'm on my gap year doing **** all. Guess where she is now :mmm:

Spoiler

Apparently, I was a very unhelpful cousin because I went to some public school and knew all this ''insider information'' which I refused to share with her :lolwut:

Yeah, that is soooo lame! Like you know in bend it like beckham, when she's hugging her girl friend :mmm: And they just start chatting so much. So bloody annoying! :eek:

I get the blame as well and i'm the middle child! Apparently it's my fault my sister knows these swear lolol
She never even got the grades, don't see how you're to blame LOL. Insider information :rofl:
I also want to prove to my parents that i am capable of 3A's because sometimes i feel as though they think i can't do it.
Hahah yeah she had short hair they automaticaaly thought she was a guy :rolleyes:

Original post by Zeegie
Regarding the whole cousin thing, I must say I have that issue as well....it really annoys me because they're not supposed to be like that, yet they are....I hate having arguments within family....just gets ****ing depressing...

Hahaahaha "banging your son lol"...did they expect you to spend your life in the kitchen or summat??!

I know! It's like hello you are my cousins..my family. These days blood really isn't thicker than water.
Lmao well it's true :L i know! But thankfully everyone in my fam is educated, right from grand parents (who got a signed certificate by the president of the US btw) lol sorry dont mean to brag but i only discovered this the other day! :biggrin:
Aw grandad wish he was here, never got to know him.
Original post by Maryb_101
Culture can kiss my ass. Yeah seeing a girl walk out alone is bad because...? So annoying.

Yeah igy, same i just take the piss lol dad tends to back me up sometimes, my good ol' pops, pisses me off sometimes haha but whos dad doesn't. loli love him :')

Ye, sorry, I sadly cant change the narrow thinking of our elders. I do feel bad though.
Reply 2583
Original post by Revent
I know! They're so rude! My sister is a bit understanding fortunately, but my brothers are just so rude at times! Like I do something good, it's my fault he didn't learn from me. I do something bad, my fault because I taught him that. It's such a nightmare. I would probably die if my dad lived with us. :lol: He's religious :erm: All he cares about is 5 times a day namaz and all that. Imagine how pissed he'd be if he found out a certain someone has prayed like 4 times in the past 12 months :ninja: (Two eid, and two because my friend forced me to come to jumma so that we could hang out after :mmm: )

I have to help my sis who evidently is pretty capable herself, in doing well in her gcses....as if I don't have enough on my plate right now.

Oh look, speaking of the devil, she just came into my room to inquire yet again on her hw.

Ahahahahahah lol
Reply 2584
I get the blame as well and i'm the middle child! Apparently it's my fault my sister knows these swear lolol
She never even got the grades, don't see how you're to blame LOL. Insider information :rofl:
I also want to prove to my parents that i am capable of 3A's because sometimes i feel as though they think i can't do it.
Hahah yeah she had short hair they automaticaaly thought she was a guy :rolleyes:

I know! It's like hello you are my cousins..my family. These days blood really isn't thicker than water.
Lmao well it's true :L i know! But thankfully everyone in my fam is educated, right from grand parents (who got a signed certificate by the president of the US btw) lol sorry dont mean to brag but i only discovered this the other day! :biggrin:

Tell me about it. Asian parents, eh :rofl: Imagine my situation, I'm the most educated person in my entire family including all relatives and stuff. Both of my parents were born in Pakistan and my mum was a housewife and dad a taxi driver :laugh:

Yeah, she's an idiot! and you'll deffo get the grades :smile: :smile: :smile: iA. :smile:
Reply 2585

I just came to the conclusion that if I were to trust anyone at any point in my life it would be my rents and my grandparents....regardless of whatever issues I've had....things have always got riskier with extended family....

Hahahah don't say sorry lol....it's good to be proud of your family :biggrin:
Reply 2586
Original post by Zeegie
I have to help my sis who evidently is pretty capable herself, in doing well in her gcses....as if I don't have enough on my plate right now.

Oh look, speaking of the devil, she just came into my room to inquire yet again on her hw.

Ahahahahahah lol

Nothing wrong with being helpful :wink: Just that when you get the blame for not being helpful, it's just silly! Especially when they refuse to take your help. My brother is a perfect example of that :rolleyes: I give him work to do, he fails to do it EVERYDAY. No form of discipline works because he's the cute little one who is immune because of my mother :erm: So she tells me to help him and then refuses to let me do so :laugh:
Original post by Revent
Tell me about it. Asian parents, eh :rofl: Imagine my situation, I'm the most educated person in my entire family including all relatives and stuff. Both of my parents were born in Pakistan and my mum was a housewife and dad a taxi driver :laugh:

Yeah, she's an idiot! and you'll deffo get the grades :smile: :smile: :smile: iA. :smile:

You're so modest(!)
Lmao yeah i get you,
back in the days my dad was a mathematic geniuss lool he propper loved math.
InshAllah! :smile:

P.s...haven't you noticed anything diff about me :L..
Original post by Zeegie
I just came to the conclusion that if I were to trust anyone at any point in my life it would be my rents and my grandparents....regardless of whatever issues I've had....things have always got riskier with extended family....

Hahahah don't say sorry lol....it's good to be proud of your family :biggrin:

Yeah mum and dad, extended family i wouldn't even go there.
Loool grandad was strict i hear :tongue: but my gramps is sucha softyyy lool aww they complemented eachother well. He passed away before i was born, but my dads kept most his certificates/awards.
Reply 2589
Original post by Revent
Nothing wrong with being helpful :wink: Just that when you get the blame for not being helpful, it's just silly! Especially when they refuse to take your help. My brother is a perfect example of that :rolleyes: I give him work to do, he fails to do it EVERYDAY. No form of discipline works because he's the cute little one who is immune because of my mother :erm: So she tells me to help him and then refuses to let me do so :laugh:

It's just that I didn't get anyone to help me, why should she? I mean, I know that sounds incredibly selfish, so I do try sometimes, but if I'm busy with my own things, I really don't like being disturbed...I go mental lol....
Original post by Zeegie
It's just that I didn't get anyone to help me, why should she? I mean, I know that sounds incredibly selfish, so I do try sometimes, but if I'm busy with my own things, I really don't like being disturbed...I go mental lol....

That's just mean man. She's your baby sister. It does sound selfish. What If it comes to a point where you'll need her but she's won't be there...
Reply 2591
Yeah mum and dad, extended family i wouldn't even go there.
Loool grandad was strict i hear :tongue: but my gramps is sucha softyyy lool aww they complemented eachother well. He passed away before i was born, but my dads kept most his certificates/awards.

Awwwwwww.....yeah I never got to see one of my grandad's either....all I know are the stories from my dad....and I haven't seen my maternal ones in over 6 years now!!! :frown: talking to them on the phone makes me cryyyyyy....

It must feel so awesome going through those awards!! Which president was it btw?? God that's incredible :smile:
Reply 2592
Original post by Zeegie

Fair enough. Your exams come first obviously :smile: I do next to nothing when I have exams myself but I give them work to do in advance :lol: which obviously never gets done. but I do my job

You're so modest(!)
Lmao yeah i get you,
back in the days my dad was a mathematic geniuss lool he propper loved math.
InshAllah! :smile:

P.s...haven't you noticed anything diff about me :L..

:lol: It's actually true though :tongue: None of my relatives are university educated. Most of them are criminals or lying harami politicians (actually the politicians are criminals as well I guess :laugh: ). The alcoholics, drug dealers, the goonday who go around beating people up (and worse) for money. That's my family :rolleyes: It's no surprise I stay away :lol:

I like your dad :wink: Maths is epic :biggrin:

and you've got 5 warning points instead of 9 now, you've got 3 green gems as well! and you're being a lot nicer to me :p:
Reply 2593
That's just mean man. She's your baby sister. It does sound selfish. What If it comes to a point where you'll need her but she's won't be there...

I didn't realise how bad it sounded...but honestly, I've gone really mad sometimes because of how much emphasis there was on me making sure I was responsible and watching over her everywhere and without sounding chronny, I do feel like she's had things easier...it's not her fault, I know that....but there have been too many times where I've just thought ffs sod off do it yourself for once.

Aren't I a lovely sister? Tbf they've gone much better now that we're getting older, and I feel like I can talk to her more about my personal things, which in no way to God would I have been able to do like 3 years agooo....
Original post by Revent
Shoot.

Characteristics of Dsicountinous variation:

different alleles at a single gene locus have large effect on the phenotype

different gene loci have quite different effects on the phenotype

examples include codominance, dominance, reccessive patterns of inhertitance

These were taken from the book.. However, I understand the first and the last point but for the middle one, where it says different gene ,loci, does it mean different genes as well and so it might be refering to epistasis?
Original post by Revent
Fair enough. Your exams come first obviously :smile: I do next to nothing when I have exams myself but I give them work to do in advance :lol: which obviously never gets done. but I do my job

:lol: It's actually true though :tongue: None of my relatives are university educated. Most of them are criminals or lying harami politicians (actually the politicians are criminals as well I guess :laugh: ). The alcoholics, drug dealers, the goonday who go around beating people up (and worse) for money. That's my family :rolleyes: It's no surprise I stay away :lol:

and you've got 5 warning points instead of 9 now, you've got 3 green gems as well! and you're being a lot nicer to me :p:

Loooooooooool yeah stay away :lol:
Lol math is aytt
Yeah im bein nicer to you lol this won't las long though. Just these couple' days have been rough for me.
African safari. Must. Go. Now.
Reply 2596
Original post by Revent

I noticed the above :wink:

Meh, my exams might come first, though I do wish I was a little more respectful and nice.....

Hahaahah do you walk around with a soti??
Reply 2597
Loooooooooool yeah stay away :lol:
Lol math is aytt
Yeah im bein nicer to you lol this won't las long though. Just these couple' days have been rough for me.
African safari. Must. Go. Now.

Maths is amazing :love:

Why won't it last? :tongue: It's a lot better when you're nicer to me :wink: And what's up? :smile: :hugs: :console: If you wanna talk, feel free to drop me a PM :smile: I know it doesn't look like it from this thread, but I'm a great listener :h:

Go for it!! :smile: I REALLY wanna go, it's just that there's sooo much to do. I have saved up the money for it as well, but my visa limits me to only 3 months outside the country per year :frown:
Reply 2598
Original post by Zeegie
I noticed the above :wink:

Meh, my exams might come first, though I do wish I was a little more respectful and nice.....

Hahaahah do you walk around with a soti??

Well, I pointed it out so ha! :tongue:

I'm sure you're a lot nicer than you put it to be :smile: After all, everyone has to be vent about the little ones :wink: I'm talking about my brothers like they're the devil incarnated, but at the same time, I take them out and stuff whenever I can :smile:

Nah, I am not a goonda :laugh: That's the majority of my family back in Pakistan :tongue:
Reply 2599
Original post by Revent
Well, I pointed it out so ha! :tongue:

I'm sure you're a lot nicer than you put it to be :smile: After all, everyone has to be vent about the little ones :wink: I'm talking about my brothers like they're the devil incarnated, but at the same time, I take them out and stuff whenever I can :smile:

Nah, I am not a goonda :laugh: That's the majority of my family back in Pakistan :tongue:

Lol I told you before, I can be really mean sometimes....luckily it's under control now (god this makes me sound like a lunatic)....

Well....my sister trolls me, and often I am pretty much out-witted by her.....and so, unless if I have verbal diarrhoea, I have no choice but to take it all in and play the idiot to please her lol...she's like an evil little mignon lol...

She does get annoyed when I shove baby pics of her in her face and oodle at how adorable she used to look....in contrast to moi lol

Lol I was referring to strict school master soti, you wouldn't have it in ya to be a goonda would you??!?!???!

Latest

Trending

Trending